The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Item Auction

Katzaniel

Due to a number of excuses that I'm sure you'd all rather not hear, I'm way too tired to figure out exactly when these need to be in by, but expect about a week probably.

The point, as I suspect many of you remember, is that we auction off 3 items each carnival, but first we need to decide what the items are. PM a description suitable for the item named, with History, Magical Powers, Appearance, et cetera, as applicable, and then later we run a poll to find the most-liked description, then lastly we auction off these items for the geld you've earned.

I'll put up links to the old stuff to answer more detailed questions, tomorrow.

In the meantime, brainstorm (and if you're familiar with this or simply have no questions, submit your ideas) on the following:

The Lost Statue of Vallorian Lake - PM to me, Katzaniel

Denriggo's Thumb Trollgate Guide - PM to Sweetcherrie

Cloak of Dreams - PM to Mira

Edited by Katzaniel

Sweetcherrie hops in, and looks at the items for the item auction.

“Hmm…Katz?”

Katzaniel looks up, smothered in carnival work, and with blood red eyes of lack of sleep.

“Yes?”

“So, this thumb thing is that the same as the Trollgate Guide we needed?”

“Hmm?”

“Yeah, we sorta need a Trollgate Guide, but I guess we can baptise it err…thumb thingy. Just to make sure shall I just put Trollgate Guide down?”

“Err…sure.”

“Goodie.”

Katz dives back in the papers, and sleeps two minutes later. With a black marker Sweetcherrie crosses out Denriggo's Thumb, and writes down:

Denriggo's ThumbTrollgate Guide – PM Sweetcherrie

Edited by Sweetcherrie

I'll put up links to the old stuff to answer more detailed questions, tomorrow.

Sorry to intrude... I just thought these links might be handy for those not familiar with the Item Auction...

I can delete this post after you update yours, Katz!

First Item Auction (Summer Carnival '04)

Second Item Auction (Winter Carnival '04)

The voting threads for the items are at the Assembly, and the auctions at the Conservatory (iirc). For those who can access the Guilds area, there's a sticky with the winning descriptions, current owner, and links to all stories submitted for a given item.

Item Log

:flower:

Just to clarify to all: Your "Trollgate Guide" does not have to have anything to do with thumbs. Or Denriggo. Unless you want it to. Just pretend you never saw anything about the other thing.

Helpful Links (from the Winter Festival):

The "Cry for Descriptions"

Poll for the Devil's Advocate

Auction of the Devil's Advocate

PS. Thanks, Tanny. B)

I'm not sure about the other guildleaders but I have only a couple descriptions. This isn't enough to go on with unless we absolutely have to.

Keep in mind, people, (perhaps I should have mentioned it earlier :P) that if your description is the one chosen for the item, you get whatever geld it goes for. Leastways, I'm nearly certain that that's what we've been doing.

ie)

Pennites A, B, C and D write item descriptions. C wins.

Pennite C's item is auctioned off. The winning bin is 80 geld, from Pennite E.

Pennite E loses 80 geld but gains a cool item. Pennite C gains 80 geld.