The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

From a dream...

It was like awakening from a dream. Not the kind that keeps you up, or forces you into a restless malady for the night, nor the kind that warms you from the inside, and paints a brilliant portrait ecstasy upon your mind until you awake. No, it was not just like any other dream. This one had lasted... lingered. It was like awakening from a dream that truly lived.

A dream that walked, a dream that talked. A dream that even itself slept and had dreams of its own.

And while this dreamer awoke, the dream did not disappear - as all but the most dreadful nightmares and blissful fantasies do. This dream remained in him, put on pause. Strangely, a feeling of both dread and duty, he knew that one day he would have to return to it. It had become a part of him.

But for now, while he awoke, his dream drifted to a quiet slumber.

Justin Silverblade. Justin Silverblade Thomas... is my... name.

The dreamer, now the awakened, lay in his bed for a moment. Healthy, well rested, but not unperturbed.

But, Justin... then who... was... that...?

He got up. The awakened forced himself up and ran his fingers through his golden locks. Eventually the dream began to lift from his mind and Justin readied for the day. He stopped short when he caught sight of the huge pile of mail tossed inside his room. Apparently he had not just slept a single night.

"Well..." he mumbled with a half smile. "At least I'm here..."

Leaning down he picked up a chunk of mail and began sorting through them, piece by piece. "By gods I hope none of them are bills..."

OOC - Wow I was away for some time! Glad to be back now that I've got some time. A big hello to all the new members and friends of the Pen, and a huge congrats to all the promoted that I've missed! I can't wait to read, contribtue, and participate (where I have time) in all the wonderful art here - old and new contributers!

- Justin

Wyvern strides into the room just as Justin Silverblade opens his first letter. The lizard pauses and hesitates, twelve new letters crumpled in each of his claws.

"Welcome back, Justin Ssssilverblade." Wyvern sneers in Justin's direction. "Bills? Why nonsense, don't worry about it. By the way, here's the new bill for bedding, the new bill for room cleaning, the new bill for renting an Almost Dragonic Brand Certified Space™, the new bill for snoring barricades, the new bill for dream manipulation, the new bill for ecstasy portrait painting, the new bill for tossing and turning in an Almost Dragonic Brand No Tossing and Turning Zone™, the new bill for recording the mumbled poems heard in your sleep, the new bill for twelve thousand Almost Dragonic Brand Single Pointy Feather Pillows™, the new bill for documenting your sleeping habits, the new bill for documenting the sleeping habits of the Almost Dragonic Brand Documentors™ documenting your sleeping habits, the new bill for bribing Wyvern from stealing any of your possessions, a new bill from the collective ladies of the Pen for your absence, another new bill for mending their broken hearts, the new bill for the beautician who kept up your appearence during your slumber, the new bill from the toothfairy for not leaving her a significant donation, the new bill for anti-nightmare wards, the new bill for keeping the Dreamer off your tail, the new bill for the amount of paper used to document these bills, the new bill for your Almost Dragonic Documentors™ tossing and turning in an Almost Dragonic Brand No Tossing and Turning Zone™, the new hefty bill for peace and quiet on an Almost Dragonic Brand Certified Space™, the new bill for sleepwalking security guards twenty-four seven, the new bill for not answering the old bills in a timely manner, and a new platypus bill."

With that, Wyvern bows and shakes Justin Silverblade's now-palid hand.

"Once again, great to see you awake Jussstin."

Justin Silverblade stammers in one place as he watches Wyvern dash out of the room. The drowsy hero's jaw drops when he hears the lizard's words faintly from the hall:

"I'll be back with the next bunch. Remember, those old one's are collecting interest."

;-p

OOC: Welcome back, Justin. :)