The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Especially for Wyvern...

Salinye

• 2 weeks later...

You are invited to take advantage of the chambermaid.

Also classic... Reminds me of Engrish.com. And, it seems, there is actually a sign in Japan (somewhere) that says in Japanese "Public Urination is forbidden here."

I want to go to Japan someday. Just so that I can say that I've gotten panties from a vending machine.

I managed to watch this video clip at a public computer today. It was certainly funny, but I do feel the need to express a few thoughts on it.

I agree that the dances portrayed in this flick would flop if they tried to make a professional dance DVD, or any other thing labeled "professional" for that matter (with the exception of perhaps "spoof" ;) ). At the same time, though, if I were a music performer performing hype songs in a club, I would prefer to see people doing the "Cracker Shuffle" or the "Raise Your Hands to the Lord" or whichever dance you choose rather than seeing people standing still and doing nothing. Unfortunatly, in the case of most concert venues that I've been to in recent years, the majority of the white crowd does stand still out of fear of looking ridiculous if they tried to dance. To me, it doesn't matter if someone looks ridiculous when they're dancing, just so long as they're having a good time doing it. The joke is actually on the people who choose not to dance with an excuse like "I don't know how to dance. I'd look ridiculous," as no matter how crummy a dance looks it'll always look better than a cowardly abstention! In the case of concerts, dancing is also a means of showing appreciation to the artist performing, and I guarantee you that they appreciate people dancing regardless of what style you have. That's first hand experience from someone who doesn't know "how to dance," but gets hype and frequently gets shouted out by the artists performing regardless. ;-)

So, to sum things up: I did find this video funny, but at the same time I think that it enforces all the wrong fears in people. I hope that pennites realize that they shouldn't be afraid of dancing just because "they don't know how," and that no matter how you dance it'll always be appreciated.

Peace,

Wyv-

- Who's personal dancing standard consists of a simple "move every limb in your body." ;-)