The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Duckies!!!

Tralla

I absolutely had to post this little gem I found leafing through the local paper. Call me twisted, but I found it hilarious. Location details removed for privacy.

Trust Restored

Yesterday my trust in mankind got a little boost.

Returning from ****** I was driving on Highway # when suddenly the car in front of me, for no apparent reason, slowed down, coming to a complete stop.

Then I realized that a truck and trailer, coming east in the opposite direction that I was going, had also stopped and was maneuvering to park in a diagonal direction across the highway so that no one could pass in either direction, on either lane. Flabbergasted, at first I thought the driver had engine problems, when suddenly a mother duck with six or seven ducklings came into my view by crossing safely the very busy section of the highway.

I admit that while thinking about it, I still get a big clump in my throat. I want to thank from the bottom of my heart the two drivers for restoring in me that all mankind is not all bad.

... Do you think that if I trail one of those quacking string-of-ducks toys behind me on my daily trip to the bus stop, I can cross the crosswalk on the busy highway without having to risk my life to stop traffic?

... What if I waddle?

I think you're out of luck, Tralla. :P You're not feathery enough.

What a sweet story. ^_^ I love those little signs in life that say not all humans are selfish, cruel-hearted b--... beasts. It's an easy lesson to forget, without moments like that. >_

Cynic,

~Yui

That's always a cool story, and it restores my faith in some of humanity. Not all though. There are a few people out there who haven't been eradicated from the face of the earth yet. If they all disappeared, then my faith in humanity would be restored. ^_^

Hm... as for the duck idea, I can tell you it won't work. Most drivers won't look to see if you're there, much less the much smaller fake ducklings. Great idea otherwise. *grins*