The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

An Application

Wyvern enters into his Office with a grunt, dismissing ~O~ as one of his portable crystal balls. He concentrates on sorting through a number of envelopes in his claws, each of them brandished with a skull-and-crossbones tag and a bloody wax seal. The reptilian Elder sighs and tosses the letters onto the enormous mess on his desktop, then turns to ~O~ and begins waving his claws over the orb's head.

"Hmmm, isss this thing working? Hello? Check, one two? If this is feeding through to Ozymandias' Office, I'd just like to report more pirate hate mail. Ssseems to be getting serious, they've found out about Madoka's flock... Hmph, what's wrong with this thing?"

Wyvern taps ~O~'s forehead twice, then jumps upon noticing his pair of wings. The lizard stutters as ~O~ repeats his statement.

"*Ahem." So, does the Pen want to apply to me, or not?"

Wyvern looks at the wings, then at the orb, and finally stammers:

"Uhmmm... actually, the Pen has already invested in the Frequent Crystal Ball Caller Minutes Program™, though I must say I love the add. Quite a snazzy look... the wings are supposed to reflect ssspeed right?"

~O~ attempts to shake his "head," but only twirls in place.

"Wyvern... I'm the winged orb, remember?"

"Oh." Wyvern considers for a moment, then snaps a claw and perks up. "Oh right! Sorry about that, I mistook you for somethi- I mean someon- I mean, for another orb."

"Right." ~O~'s blank crystal expression remains blank. "How about my offer though? Will the Pen apply to me?"

"Hmmm..." Wyvern scratches his scaly chin, then digs into one of his pant pockets. "Only one way to find out."

"Very well. I await your response."

Wyvern grins as he pulls out an Almost Dragonic Brand Leaky Squid Ink Pen™. The overgrown lizard then taps the pen on ~O~'s smooth surface and begins doodling small moneybag shapes on it. The squid ink rests in place for only a moment, however, before trickling off of ~O~'s form.

"Well." Wyvern drops the pen back into his pant pocket. He cringes as it explodes within and soaks his pants with squid ink. "This pen ink didn't seem to apply to you, I'm afraid."

• 3 weeks later...

The person who claims Venefyxatu as his identity on the internet does his very best not to laugh out loud and wake everyone when reading this, and thanks to some practise succeeds (fortunately).

That was great! :lol:

Edit : *notices the post dates*

Why didn't I see this before? :blink:

Edited by Venefyxatu