The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WWXXRLTV - Virtual Reality Television

Heading for the beach, either to swim or to scavenge for items in the scavenger hunt Zak gives Jack a grin and a nod. "Sounds like a good night out. I'll catch you later though, I'm off to try and find some of the stuff on this list... and maybe catch a few waves while I'm at it."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next time Johnny returns to his tent he finds it missing, along with everything else of his. the only thing left where the tent once stood is Jessica's poor forlorn hairdryer left hanging by its cord from a tree branch.

Meanwhile, during the scavenger hunt, Zak comes across a flask (which, oddly enough, looks exactly like Johnnys). The flask contains a different liquid than whiskey though.

Brianna happens to find a couple pairs of Johnny's underwear tied to a long stick and planted in the ground like a flag. She was so disgusted that she left them there.

Eventually, most of his stuff is found, scattered around the island here and there...all but the tent pieces. "They sure do make a nice cozy little tent," Dan thinks to himself. "Sure wish I'd known that Jessica wasn't in that tent anymore though. It was her I wanted to mess with. Guess she'll just have to enjoy the snakes I left in her new hut!"

Most of the crew and all of the contestants heard Jessica's angry shriek as she found Dan's little 'gift' in her cabin.

Moments later, three very stunned looking snakes go flying out the window and crash into a tree, before hitting the floor and sliding off in a daze.

Jessica stormed out of the cabin, anger radiating from her.

She had had it. Losing the game so early was bad enough - even her brain could grasp the fact that her future was non existant - but to have some act as bad as some of the girls she had been up against?

Unaware of the cameraman who had picked up his camera to follow as she stormed through the bush, for once ignorant of its' treatment on her clothes, Jessica crashed through the bush until, by sheer luck, she found Dan sunning himself on a rock. He looked up and grinned at her.

"Well hello," he drawled, getting up to walk over to Jessica. "Get my little pre-"

SMACK!!!>

Stumbling back in shock, Dan raised his hand to the side of his face, already red and starting to swell a little from the surprisingly hard slap the beauty princess had dished out.

Before he could react, Jessica had turned and stormed off, leaving him with a rather clear handprint on the side of his face.

The cameraman stopped Jess and shook her hand as she left, tears of laughter streaming down his face as he promised her a tape of the footage.

Johnny stared in desbelief at what remained of his carefully set up camp. He started looking all around while thinking of who could have done this. He knew it was none of the still remaining contestants as they had been with him all along. He found a pair of his shorts stuck on the top of a bush and under the bush he found a small greenish centipede. Remembering that it had been on the list he pocketed it in his shirt pocket.

An hour later when he got back to his campsite he had recovered all of his items and had a centipeded, 3 extra socks, 4 coins, some brownish, rotten looking seaweed, a coconut and a large-ish leaf.

OOC: coconut is my addition to the list.

Brianna looked at her list again, rereading what was written. She had to find those items and think about a few things. Looking around, to make sure she was alone, Brianna made her way into the bush. A ray was hitting something shiny on the ground ahead. It was a coin! She tucked it in her pocket and began looking for a large leaf. As she stumbled upon a tattered cloth, she was reminded of that disgusting pair of underwear. Grabbing a stick, she prodded and moved the cloth to the side. Underneath was a pinecone and two socks.

“Does this belong to someone? Or was it planted?” Brianna looked around to make sure it wasn;t a trap. She tucked the items in her pocket and kept walking.

A little while later, she made her way to the beach, and sank down in the sand. She closed her eys for a few moments and enjoyed the warmth. When she opened her eyes, she barely glanced up and saw Zak in the water. She got up to go speak with him, but tripped over something hard. Looking down, she saw it was a brown pinecone. Brianna picked it up, in a moment of heat and was about to throw it when something hit her in the face. She looked up and saw a bird had just flown over her with a real treat.

Grossed out, she took off her shoes and put the pinecone inside one of them and walked herself into the water to rinse off. She walked out of the water and discovered seaweed inbetween two of her toes. As she bent over to pick it up, she also found that the sand there had clear grains. She grabbed a pinch and the seaweed and headed back to her shoes. Tucking all away, she put on her shoes again and headed back to camp.

"Well hello," he drawled, getting up to walk over to Jessica. "Get my little pre-"

<SMACK!!!>

Watching Jessica stomp away Dan begins to laugh uncontrollably. About ten minutes later, feeling like he may have ruptured his spleen or some such, he regains control of himself long enough to go and find that cameraman and ask for his own copy of that tape. B)

(OOC: Sorry for not replying earlier)

Stacy takes Brianna's gift.

- Thanks. I'm sure it'll make a nice souvenir for my son. NY is a fun city to be in, and you're right about it: there's so many people over there.

After Brianna heads nearby Zak, Johnny approaches her and talks to her about the lizards. Then, both decided to still rummaging their lists and have found the majority of the items. After they went on their sepperate ways, Stacy was still looking for a pinecone, until she went back at her camp, when she found one nestled on her bag.

- Now, that's luck!

The players are all still glowing from their scavenger hunt successes when Nancy walks into the area of the huts. As one, they recall their impending duty of voting the next person off. The five players follow Nancy in silence to the torchlit encampment, considering their options.

Only minutes later, Zak is standing at the makeshift desk. "I'm voting for Jack," he says, holding up his card to the camera. "He didn't help make the shelters at all."

Next is Jack himself. He belches and holds up a card with Johnny's name. "Same as last night," he asserts. "I have now seen both Johnny and Zak, and they are conspiring against the rest of us. I only hope that the others believed me about it."

When he leaves, Stacey is shown. She, too, show's Johnny's name before dropping the paper into the vase.

Johnny comes up. "Time to get rid of the couch potato," he says, dropping in his vote.

As per usual with these shows, the camera skips Brianna's votes, cutting straight to Nancy. She tallies up the votes, then begins in her best suspenseful tone. "Two of the contestants have voted for Johnny," she says, looking him in the eye. "But three of you ... have decided ... they'd rather be rid ... of Jack."

Jack, surprised, stands up. "But it's rigged!" he shouts. The cameramen quickly grab him and hold him still. "It's not rigged," they insist, but the footage is never seen by the viewers.

Brianna looks at him, wondering if perhaps he hadn't been lying.

"Tonight, you may continue to work on the scavenger hunt," drones Nancy, turning to the one camera still running. "In the morning, the one of you with the least findings will be off the show, and in the evening the last vote will take place. The last two contestants will then face off in a challenge to determine the winner."

Jack is taken away, looking very angry, and Stacey eyes Brianna, trying to figure out what the chances are, now.

OOC: Game over. Venefyxatu/Jack was the Seer, and the two wolves (Patrick/Johnny and Gryphon/Zak) overpower the remaining villagers and win. IC, that would probably mean that they steal some items from Stacey or Brianna and then combine to vote the other off. Since the signup for the next game hasn't started yet, I may as well allow the opportunity for some more RP'd posts before posting the IC ending. (Double OOC: I suspect that rather than Brianna not believing Jack, as it appears in this post, that Zariah simply didn't get Venefyxatu's PM in time to change her vote. And yes, in only 2 nights the Seer did manage to find both wolves. So... take that as you will.)

Jack scratched his bottom and sat down on a log with a sigh and started eating a chocolate bar. With a belch he produced his list of items again, trying not to get chocolate stains on it and failing miserably, and looked it over.

Right ... so I've finally got the coconut, but still didn't find a coin ... how are we supposed to find the things anyway? It's like looking for a coin on an island!

Amused by his own ... let's call it wit, Jack stopped thinking for a few moments to chuckle. Resuming the thought process was difficult, but somehow he managed.

So let's see, what else do I still have to find? The sock? I still didn't run into one. I wonder if they mind a sock with holes in it?

At that precise moment Jack noticed an odd colour in the brush in front of him. Closer investigation revealed it to be ... indeed, a sock! With renewed courage, he continues his search for the last item on his list, the coin.

And hopes that the wrapper of a chocolate bar will do ...

OOC : Oops, I guess I was writing while you were posting, Katz :)

Anyway, congrats to the wolves ... you easily-corrupted contestants ;)

Edited by Venefyxatu

Johnny and Zak got rid of one of the other contestants the following challenge, by taking the majority of the items he/she had found and then voted off the other remaining contestant.

The next day they were going to have a mock final between the two of them, even though the money was going to be split between them anyway.

However Johnny's thoughts weren't on the final. They were totally elsewhere....

He knocked on the cabin's door where Jessica was staying since she had "lost" the challenge. The cameramen had agreed not to follow him this afternoon, seeing as their company had already gotten what it wanted.

Jessica opened the door and looked at Johnny curiously.

"You aren't allowed to be here."

"I know." - he said with half a smile, then held up Jessica's hair dryer. "This was left in the tent, when you left."

"Oh, I had been looking for that."

"But it isn't the main reason for which I have come."

"Oh?"

"I have come to apologize."

Seeing Johnny's serious expression Jessica invited him into her cabin and in there Johnny told her about the deal the TV people had made with him and Zak. He then told her about how they had manipulated the challenges, and how he himself had manipulated Jessica against his better judgment.

"So, basically it is because of me, that you have lost this game. I feel very sad at what I have done, and if I could go back I would change my decision now. But unfortunately it is too late for that."

He looked directly in Jessica's furious eyes and asked in an apologetic voice:

"Can you forgive me?"

Johnny massaged the side of his face as he struggled to hide just how much Jessica's slap really hurt. He knew he'd deserved it though.

"Why are you telling me this now?" Jessica asked. "You've won your money, you get to go home and spend it. Why bother telling me how much you screwed me over?"

Johnny blushed uncomfortably and looked down at his hands.

"I...like you," he finally managed. Jessica blinked in surprise - this was not something she was used to hearing.

"I feel really bad for the way I misled you," Johnny continued, "and, well, I was wondering if you'd be willing to give me another chance when we got off the island."

He looked up and smiled sheepishly at Jessica's rather stunned expression.

"Um, would you like to go to dinner with me?"

Jessica sat there rather stunned, before managing to clear her throat and get a few words out.

"Uh, yeah. I'd like that."

Johnny smiled at her, before standing. "I'd better get back to the ceremony crap. I'll see you on the plane?"

Jessica smiled and nodded. "Thanks," she said, blushing slightly, for once not faking her reaction.

As Johnny turned to leave, he heard one final statement fomr Jessica as he opened the door.

"Don't you dare gyp me off with a cheap restaurant!"

He laughed as he walked back to join Zak. He'd have been surprised if he hadn't heard that from Jessica...

Johnny had a much lighter step when he approached the next morning's challenge. Brianna had succumbed to a few choice items going missing from her collection, and then he and Zak had simply voted off Stacey. That much had pretty much been assured since they had gotten rid of Jack. What he was so happy about was that Jessica might forgive him. It occurred to him that if they got together, she would probably end up spending more than half of the money, but he only laughed about it. This one endeavor alone was enough to secure him his father's inheritance, and Jessica deserved the best that money could buy.

Zak was pretty happy, too. This show had turned out to be a lot of fun, and he was contemplating the ways that he could put the money to use. He'd be able to afford that incredible new board at Surfer Plus, for one thing. After that, well.. he simply wouldn't have to worry as much about money anymore. And maybe a Ferrari.

Nancy went through her speech for the cameras, then paused and quietly warned them not to look like they'd already won. Both sobered up immediately; it certainly wouldn't be good if it came to light that they had cheated.

The last challenge was to do the longest chin-up. They both laughed aloud when they saw that the two bars were still colour-coded. Good old bright blue and orange. Zak grabbed the orange one, thinking of the orange stripe down the surfing board he planned to buy. Johnny heaved himself up on the other.

The two men were both very physically fit, so the competition went on for some time. After a few hours, though, Johnny decided to let Zak have the win. He already had everything he'd wanted from this - the money, Jessica, and as heir to his father's riches, he would be famous soon enough. Taking care to make it look real, he let his exhaustion win briefly over his determination. He slipped, grabbed the bar again, kept going. Wouldn't do to fall without ever having faltered. Zak glanced at Johnny; after making sure the cameras had caught the moment and were satisfied, focussing on Zak now, Johnny winked. Zak grinned. They hung there for another dozen minutes, both sweating but neither overly strained. Then Johnny let himself slip again, pretended to try to hold on, and fell to the sand.

Instantly the cameras were all on Zak. It was a good thing, because Johnny was already thinking of the impending plane-ride with Jessica, and grinning like a fool. Nancy started into the victory speech for Zak's benefit, and the audience of course.

And, when it aired on televisions across the country, so too did money exchange hands over water coolers everywhere. RLTV got a tonne of publicity and money from the idea, the man whose idea it had been was promoted, and everyone was happy.

Oh, didn't I mention the other contestants? Jack filed a lawsuit on behalf of the other participants, which settled out of court. He shared the results with the other players, and it barely even cut into the station's profit. Actually, some contend that the lawsuit's publicity caused even more viewers for the next version of the show...

[joke]Sadly, not being able to find Dan the tv crew left him on the island...[/joke]

well, let's see. He either stole their plane/boat/whatever and left on his own, or, he found the "good life" he had been looking for all along and lived there happily ever after...with Johnnys bones to keep him company. No "Wilson" for me! :P