But don't you think the fifth is much smarter

Even though you must be tough and you must try harder

Any fool can find something witty to say

A smart man thinks about what he would pay

Think before you speak and if it seems right

You can say what you want or you could fight

But to just walk away without a word

Is usually smart, keep your thoughts unheard

Way cool poem. A little rough around the edges, but love the catchy rhymes and the sort of off beat rythym and all that good stuff. Interesting and very valid subject matter. The first couple of lines caught my interest right away. Definitly some food for thought.

Erm, sorry if this is out of place. You know, like just special Recruiting people are supposed to post here. Anyways, hope to see you around, NightFae.

-Dragonqueen

Nightfae thinks carefully about what to say to the Elders of the Pen as she leans back in her applicant easychair, her arms crossed over her chest and her foot tapping on the Office floor. Her thoughts of how to phrase an explanation of Wyvern's absence are interrupted as she notices that a dirty wad of gum has become stuck to her shoe, and she grimaces as she watches it stretch from the depths of the Office clutter. Bunching her hands into fists, she briefly forfeits the moral of her poem and jumps out of her seat to air a complaint, only to stop as Wyvern hops into the room and waves a claw.

"Greetings NightFae." The lizard strides through the room, his scaly tail knocking over a stray stack of paper as he approaches the applicants area. The reptilian Elder pauses for a moment as he notices the gum caught on Nightfae's shoe, and lets out a short sigh as he points a claw at it.

"Awww, I was saving that for later y'know. Shoe soles tend to reduce the flavor... I may have to tax you for that."

"What?" manages Nightfae, staring in confusion as the lizard snatches up her application poem and begins skimming through it. After a long and uncomfortable silence, Wyvern lifts his head and turns towards her again, folding her poem and grinning.

"Good poem, Nightfae. It definitely evoked some fond memories of brooding over Almost Dragonic Brand Slogans™... I'm actually a professional in the field of thoughtful speaking, so it struck me right in the geldpouch."

Nightfae raises a brow, eyeing the lizard warily.

"Y-you are?"

"Absssolutely." Wyvern rubs a claw over the upper area of his tunic proudly, letting out a haughty-sounding laugh. "In fact, I have my thoughtful speaker I.D papers with me here, if you give me a moment."

Wyvern turns from Nightfae and wanders a few feet away from her to the file drawer area of the Office, pretending to open one of the drawers as he whips out a leather-bound folder. Nightfae stares blankly as the lizard seems to begin talking to himself, and tilts her head towards his area in the hopes of overhearing his ramblings.

"Advocates, they're hard to get. Too much geld, bad to rent- wait, that's not it... Need someone to steal on the side. No, no... I have a plan, with silver lining...? Argh!"

Wyvern tears at the scales on his head as he wanders back to Nightfae, quickly tucking the folder back into his pouch and letting out a nervous and slightly less-confident laugh.

"Can't seem to find those I.D papers, but the point I was going to make is that you should hire me as your official Almost Dragonic Brand Thoughtful Speaker™. After you pay that debt you owe me for my used chewing gum, of course."

Nightfae slowly takes a step back and shakes her head as the lizard leers at her, llifting her hands in front of her defensively. The lizard nods and lets out a number of inconsiderate curses upon seeing this, stamping her application ACCEPTED.

;-p

OOC: An ACCEPTED application poem, Nightfae... Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I look forward to reading more of your poetry, as well as participating with you in a variety of community events. I like this poem, and hope you find the Pen a welcoming writing community for your works.