The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Trailer for Gyrfalcon the Movie

The Portrait of Zool

I wrote this a long time ago to publicize Wyvern's project 'Gyrfalcon the Movie'. It had little to do with the 'movie', but I was perusing the old boards and ran across it, and I thought, 'Ya know, I think this is worth keeping.'

Enjoy.

Author: Zool

Topic: Wyvern Productions presents...

Veteran

posted November 03, 2000 01:24 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*You hear a male announcer speak in a booming gravelly voice, intercut with movie dialog and flashes of the relevant scenes*

First there was Gone With The Wind.

"I'm really a man."

"Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a Damn!"

Then there was Star Wars.

"The toilet is stopped up again Han!"

"Use the force, Luke."

Now there's Gyrfalcon The Movie.

*The sound of wardrums hammer from the surround sound. A lovely woman in billowing white robe rides in slow motion through a sodden meadow. In the background a band of filthy cut-throats brandishing weapons are riding hard to catch up to her. You see the picture for only a second, and then it fades to black*

What is it that makes a half-elf a warrior?

*The drums hammer again, and again the scene with the woman on horseback is flashed. They have advanced to a rocky landscape. It fades back to black*

What is it that makes a warrior a hero?

*This time when the drums beat you see the woman climbing some boulders on a mountainside. The cut-throats are still after her, scrabbling up the rocks a bare ten meters behind her. Lightning flashes across the scene, and her hair whips in the wind. The scene then fades to black again.*

What is it that makes a hero a legend?

*She reaches the top of a rocky outcropping and throws off her robe, revealling a steel bra and mail skirt, high leather boots, helical bronze arm bracers, and a whicked sword on her back. She dons thick padded gloves, then draws a bulky something from inside the robe and holds it high over her head in a dramatic pose on the rocky peak, her lithe figure black against the cloudy wind blown sky. Fade to black.*

What is it that makes a legend a demi-god?

*Thunder roars in a flash of brilliance. A chorus sings Wagnerian opera to the beat of the war drums. Seen for the first time is Gyrfalcon, standing near the woman. He is smiling heroically, holding a heroic pose. The lightning goes right over their heads, brushing what the woman is holding in her hands, and frying the cut-throat mob to bloody cinders. She places the object between them and they sit down. She starts serving the steaming casserole.*

For the first time, See the epic tale of Gyrfalcon. See the heroic story of the warrior, the hero, the legend, and his lunch!

Featuring an all-star cast, brought to you by Wyvern productions;

The lovely Elemestra, heroine and Gyrfalcon's Femme Fatal, played by Cheyenne.

*You see Elemestra in lovely sorceress robes at the top of the stairs in a stone castle, hands on hips.*

"Why don't you come up and see me sometime?"

Bardis, Gyrfalcon's faithfull right-hand man, played by Immortalis.

*You see Immortalis's hamster Hammill tied to a table. a sinister henchman approaches with a roll of duct tape.*

"Don' worry 'bout da Hamstuh, we're just gonna teach him a little trick."

Mystic, played by Peredhil31.

*You see Mystic in a dark hut in front of a crystal ball, an anxious client across from him.*

"I am getting a vision. Yes. Yes, today would be a bad day to step in front of a speeding bus. Also watch out for cliffs..."

Sinistro, played by P51mus.

*You see Sinistro holding a sword at Bardis's throat. Both men are bruised and have oozing wounds.*

"I am the incarnation of pure evil. I am despised in a thousand Kingdoms, hated in ten thousand more. I thrive on the blood and suffering of the innocent, and I cheat at dominoes."

Nemphis, Sinistro's evil minion, played by the King of Kings, Ozymandias.

*You see Nemphis in a small apartment. He is in a plaid shirt and is unshaven.*

"You talkin' ta me(Hic)? I'm the only one heah."

Terrorizer, Sinistro's hatchet dragon, played by Zool's rubber chicken.

*You see an immense, evil black dragon shooting fireballs from his mouth and wreaking total destruction. Walking like a chicken, he struts to a hut and begins pecking at elves.*

And Playing the heroic Gyrfalcon is the incomparable Racouol, Bearer of deep pockets (by special arrangement of the producer ;) ).

Opening soon in a Conservatory near you.

Actual scenes may vary. :P

------------------

Zool

Ager1 Eradication Mage

Bard of Terra

Doing it because; I can.

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword - A1

Elder