The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

RULES FOR THE BACHELOR AUCTION

Salinye

Alright, here is how this will work. :0)

Sometime in the next 24 hours, our lovely and talented MC, Wyvern, will put up a post introducing all the bachelors and why we might or might not want to bid on them. (With Wyvern at the mic, this could prove disastrous. But, none the less, he is our chosen MC. For the 24 hour period that is Wednesday (no later than 11:59pm PST) those who wish to bid on a bachelor may do so.

HOW? How do I bid on a bachelor, you ask? Well, I will tell you how! This is to be a silent auction. So if you wish to bid on a bachelor, you must first make a list of your top three choices, in order of first choice, second and third. You must also list how much geld you are willing to spend. Then you must email this information to me at salinye@hotmail.com (Don’t forget to put your name on the email so I know who you are!) I have chosen a non-partisan pal, Tamaranis, to witness and assist in the arranging of the bids so that there can be no question as to fairness. (Not that anyone would think I would cheat, but just to be oh so PC, you know. :0))

So, I shall now provide an example for you. If I were bidding, I would send the following list to salinye@hotmail.com no later than 11:59pm PST.

Salinye here:

*looks into her geld stores and sees she only has 45 geld* What the heck, I’m willing to bid it all if needs be!

1. Wyvern

2. Inspector I.M. Clueless

3. Wyvern in Drag

Now, unless people specifically bid on multiple characters of the same writer, then when you win a bachelor, you can choose which character you wish to have write for you. So, for example, if two different ladies bid on Gyrfalcon and Daryl, I would treat those as two separate characters. However, if only one person bid for any of Gyrfalcon’s characters, then I would allow that lady to pick which characters perspective they want the writing from. :0)

Well there you have it! Please feel free to add any thoughts or questions to this thread, and if anyone doesn’t have access to email, then you can of course pm your bid to me through the boards.

When all the bids are tallied and approved and what not, I will announce whom won whom. Be warned, if there are more women than men, then some lucky ladies may end up having won two bachelors.

I will ask Orlan to please have all the geld stats updated later this night so you know how much geld you have to work with. :0)

All bidders will receive 10 geld for participating and all bachelors will receive 10 geld upon posting their written work. However, if the bachelors post their writings within 7 days of when the results are posted, they will be awarded 20 geld instead of 10.

~Salinye :fairy:

Edited by Salinye

I have a question: When we tell you how much we are willing to bid....and we have to list the three choices....are we supposed to take our geld and split it between the three or for example, can we bid all of it on each one.

Lets say I have 45.

Do I have to split it

1.) Bachelor # 1 choice 20g

2.) #2 15g

3.) #3 10g

Or can I be like:

#1 45g if I win

#2 45g if I win

#3 45g if I win

??? If this is a stupid Q, I am sorry....I am just confuzzled.... :unsure:

edit: Also, if the MODS have not correctly added up the geld a member is supposed to have, can they PM someone with a list....and continue to bid with the amount they really have even if it is not noted under their name....???

Edited by Zariah

Okay, you only need to include a max amount you are willing to bid total. :0)

Also, if you wake up tomorrow morning and your geld total is wrong, PM me or Ayshela and one of us will re-tally it and poke orlan to fix the amount. :0)

~Salinye :butterfly: