The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

King

Mynx

Greetings all.

I aploligise if I am annoying you in any way, shape or form, but I would like to say something.

A friend of mine, by the name of Justin Robert Harnish, has recently published a book entitled "King"

It is the first of a trilogy and I suggest you look into obtaining a copy as it fits quite well with the tastes of what I hope is many of you here.

Set in a bleak future, it is a somewhat supernatural tale that tells of a man fighting to help a young woman possessed by a demon.

The book, while addmittedly controversial, is very well done, in my personal opinion.

If any of you are interested, you can view and purchase the book at the following site.

King

I hope you will at least have a look, as I am sure many of you here would enjoy the tale to be told.

*bows deeply*

I thank you all for your time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. If i cannot answer you, I will direct you to the author.

Edited by Mynx

Thank you for sharing! :P Recommendations for literature *ARE* appreciated here. Might as well use this thread to mention any others if other members wish to. This is one reason for the Cabaret room! :wizzie:

Edited by Zariah

I dont know much about the book though I do know the author - you might have to get confirmation of this from Mynx, but at a guess it'd be either the demon possession or religious themes in the book that would mark it as controversial.

What little I do know says it'll probably be the religious themes (rabid believers may have issues?)

We'll see what Mynx says when she gets online.

Well I don't know the full extent of what makes this story controversial. I have only read six chapters and I am waiting for my own copy to arrive.

From what I have gathered in talking to Justin is what Gryphon said; it doesn't attack anyone's religion, but it may suggest things that certain groups would strongly disagree with.

Personally, I think it sounds like fun. But then again, I don't really count as normal...

For poetry lovers, he has also published a book of poems. PM me if you want a link :D