The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Rich News!

Salinye

Geld! Geld! GELD!!

Orlan has created a place in our profiles that will record how much geld we earn throughout the entirety of the carnival. It will be updated regularly to reflect gain and loss. :0)

Each event at the carnival will have a geld amount attached to it. The tag event, which has already started, will be edited to include a 10 geld reward for participating. So, those who have already participated will earn 10 geld and those who participate further will do so, as well.

Whether or not certain events can be done more than once will be stated in each event, as well. Or, to be more accurate, whether the event will pay out more than once. :0) I’m sure you’re welcome to do any event more than once.

Now, if you decide to create and run your own ride, booth, swap meet, sell services, run ads for the carnival or anything else related that you can dream up, than that also will earn you geld.

Geld will be able to be used at the various auctions as well as to purchase anything someone may be selling. For instance, perhaps someone will advertise that they will make sigs for geld. (just a random example) Also, don’t forget, that you should save up for the winter solstice bachelorette auction as well!

Happy Geld Hunting!

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be working yet, so just ignore me if it's still in-progress... but I don't see this Geld in the profile anywhere. Perhaps it's there but requires a certain level to see it? Just thought I should let you know in case it appears to be working on your end.

And also I ought to find out whether I'm just blind or something.

Thanks.

Orlan just let us know today that for some reason that field is only showing up to admins. So atm, we guild leaders are in the deciding process of what we're going to do instead. :0) As soon as we figure it out, I'll post it!

Good observation!

~Salinye :fairy:

ALL HAIL THE GREATNESS OF ORLAN!

He was able to work out a few kinks and geld will be kept in the left hand column somewhere underish your signature. If you want an example, click on Orlan or find a post by him or some such. :0)

EVERYONE starts out with a generic 25 geld to work with. :0)

We are keeping tally of when you spend/earn geld and it will be regularly updated in your profile by a handy dandy elder or three. :0)

Happy Festivities!

~Salinye :fairy:

It must still be a rank thing. I most definitely see it, on almost everyone now. Everyone who's still having problems is Page or lower, so I bet that's the problem.

Edit: Whoops, dragonqueen's a quillbearer now. Then what the hey?

Edited by Katzaniel

Strangely enough, I don't see the geld values on anyone - not even Orlan. Considering that I see -everything- on this board, I'm starting to wonder whether this is a skin problem. I use the tan/default skin. What do the rest of you use? (For example, I seem to recall Katzaniel saying she uses the black one. Is it that it's only showing on that skin, so those of us who use the blue or tan ones are still not seeing it?)

Pondering,

~Yui