The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The AAA is pleased to announce...

Alaeha

A Carnival is coming to the Pen! Nyyark, the other Guild Leaders, and I have been putting our heads together and have arranged for a Carnival. The AAA (Articulate Artisans of Alliteration, or "The Poet's Guild" for the heathens among us ;P) will be sponsoring it, with a few booths, events, and games from the other two guilds.

Since Nyyark is the main reason we have this carnival, he has chosen that the primary focus of our portion of the Carnival will be on Sonnets. All five forms will be included (yes, there are five, not just two,) at one point or another.

There will be classes on basic poetic devices, as well as on the individual forms, which we will be beginning shortly. There will also be contests open to any who have applied for initiate status in the pen -- the details of the contests will be disclosed when they are announced.

We're hoping to turn this into a tradition. One of the other guilds will be hosting the next carnival, in about three months, (starting on or immediately after the Equinox.)

Anyways, I don't think I can stretch this announcement out much farther. This will be a thread to be referred back to, as I will be editing this post at a later date to include links to all the contests, games, classes, booths, and whatever else comes up.

The Rest of the Carnival (Or: Linky Goodness)

A Lesson in Rhyme

Questions? Comments?

Edited by Alaeha

The AVV will have several events in this carnival as well. Some will be open to all, some will take place in the guild hall!

I'll edit this post from time to time adding links to the events as they are set up. The first is a wild and crazy game of RP tag within the AVV. No need to be a membe of the AVV to participate. :0)

You will find the Link and rules here. :0)

May the festivities begin!

~Salinye :fairy:

Edited by Salinye

As I said, all three guilds will be having events. This isn't a Quill Quest for anyone, it's just an event/set of events that we're holding because we want to. And any even that's posted out here, anyone can participate in.

If you were hoping to be able to help with one of the events/booths or something... ask the leader for whichever guild you wanted to work with.

Yes, the Storyweavers' guild will be having activities as well, though they won't be starting as immediately as the others simply because i've been sick as hell for a solid week and am focusing on keeping breathing, for right now. :-\

No worries, Ayshela. You are so good in that guild and we are patient people! Most important is for you to feel better. Today I woke up with the plague my kids have had for weeks.

Must be a Washington thing.

*hugs*

~Salinye :fairy:

oh, yuck, i'm sorry you caught it too Sal! Nasty, isn't it?

i keep telling the kids they're perfectly *free* to be as selfish as they want with their germs, but do you think they listen? *sigh* :)

i've got one writing project about wrapped up tonight, will try to get a handle on two or three of the others here in the next few days.