and a crying will be heard

soft but sweet

of welcome release

of hearts finally whole.

Your voice echoes

rebounds on walls

comes so near

and yet is kept far

I liked this image of a maze of walls so that the voice reaches the center, but the person cannot. Also, the broken lines and rhythm of this piece helps show how set and rigid the speaker is, adding to the concept of withdrawal and walls.

Nice poem overall and it's good to see you applying. :)

Tanuchan restlessly paces back and forth between corners in the Recruiter's Office, nervously toying with a pen in her left hand as she ponders where the Elder of Initiates could be. Turning towards Yuki Kokoro and anxiously brushing a hand through her hair, the eager applicant stands in silence for a moment before hesitantly muttering:

"Are you sure the Elder of Initiates is always late, Yuki?"

Yuki Kokoro nods reassuringly from her office seat, and warmly answers:

"Yes, I don't think you should have anything to worry about Tanuchan. Usually, the reptilian Elder takes at least a few days to overcome all of the..."

At that moment, Wyvern frantically races into the office as fast as his scaly legs can carry him, dodging several bricks, mortar fragments, and full wall segments being tossed at him by angered construction workers hot on his trail. Quickly slamming the office door behind him and praying that the disgruntled customers don't break out any heavy equipment in their chase, the overgrown lizard tosses off a construction helmet uselessly hanging from his horns and collapses into his desk chair.

"... obstacles in his path." finishes Yuki in a slightly irritated manner, silently wishing that the construction workers outside of the office door wouldn't scream the phrase "Son of a Forklift!" so loudly.

Wyvern proceeds to shift through several papers on his overflowing desktop, and takes a five minute breather before lifting Tanuchan's application from the top of the pile and reading it over in a thorough manner. After finishing with the poem, the greedy lizard flashes the eager applicant a grin full of razor sharp teeth and hisses:

"A very nice application poem, Tanuchan... I would offer you the same Almost Dragonic Brand wall building products I gave to those "Almost Satisfied Costumers" outdoors (AlmostSatisifiedisaTrademarkofAlmostDragonic™), but I see that you're looking to deconstruct walls rather than build them. Then again, the casual customer has labeled my building products "95% certain to collapse into heaps of rubble," so perhaps you would be interested...?"

Tanuchan frowns and silently shakes her head.

"Ah well." sighs Wyvern while stamping Tanuchan's application ACCEPTED. "I would also offer you something along the lines of 'heart', but that's one of the few terms that's rather foreign to my industry."

Tanuchan happily takes her ACCEPTED application, and is about to exit the office when she suddenly notices a large construction worker crane looming towards the office window. Noticing that Wyvern is unaware of the approaching vehicle, the applicant's eyes widen and she silently points towards in it's direction...

;-)

OOC: A good poem and an ACCEPTED application, Tanuchan. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I look forward to reading more of your writing, and hope to see you active in community projects as well. Once again, welcome!

Tanny holds the Accepted application againt herself, eyes brimming with tears.

*hugs tightly both Yuki and Dean*

Thank you. Thank you so much!! :D

I will try my best here, to help and to build. Not walls, but friendship and love.

Dean, thank you really for your support and for having brought me to the Pen. :flower:

*hugs Dean again*

Er... Elder Wyvern, sorry for interrupting your... ahm... contemplation... but shouldn't you do something about that... crane coming at us?

Her eyes go from the window to the Elder and back again to the window, unsure of whether leaving or trying to drag the people out...