They are empty from neglect,

As am I, I suspect.

Left alone in the cold,

In this harsh, cruel world.

Everything is as it should

Be-cause only this way it could

Be-fore the time had come

It was all gone and done.

:dragon::butterfly::raven::wolf::fairy::dragon3::phoenix: No one can withstand the power of the emoticons - mwuahaha! :ph34r:

Yeah, sometimes I like to play games with the words I use. Most times people won't even notice, but sometimes I even include hidden messages, etc. within my writings. The last stanza is but a simple little trick I set up, read closely and hopefully you'll be able to see what I'm getting at. If not, that's fine too...it's good you got the first two stanzas. :)

I know what you did Loki..

Not a bad poem, and I always love starting the next line, with the word that ends the last line. That's a really fun way to do it, and most don't really notice it.

Nice job on it btw. Try a bit harder, I'll see if I can find your "hidden messages"

*note to self, quit giving Loki those damn shrooms*

As I am drunk I felt it to be a proper time to respond. :)

It's good that you know what's going on X-Sabre, one of us needs to. ;) Just take some of those 'shrooms you speak of and the hidden messages will appear before you. :D

I use too many damn smileys...

*blink*

that was what i was supposed to be looking for?

that wasn't where i was lost, but then i'm used to lines which wrap from one to another.

what caught me was the juxtaposition of "troubled", "empty from neglect" and "everything is as it should be"

honestly, i guess, because i'm rather unaccustomed to seeing anyone else voice it, as much as anything, but that may well mean something totally different to you than it does to me.