The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Here's to an extremely happy Turkey Day!

troubled sleep

After thawing in a sink full of cold water for the past two days, the constant conversation piece that is my family's Butterball turkey is finally in the oven and its only a matter of time before I'm swept off to hear yet again about my great-great-great-great grandfather and how he fell off the Mayflower way back when. But before all this begins, I'd like to take a moment to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you who are celebrating it, and HAPPY THURSDAY to those of you who aren't.

Also, I'm afraid that I must take this time to announce that it has just occurred to me that I have first semester exams at the end of December, as well as oodles of final projects. Therefore, I can't vouch for how often I'm going to be able to get online and visit. So I think that I'm going to have to kind of fade off into the background(even more so than I already had :unsure:) for the next several weeks or so. After that, and unless I do so badly on my exams that my computer privileges are restricted, I'll be back to some degree and hopefully I'll have gained enough inspiration to actually post something interesting...

Anyways, so once again have a lovely Thanksgiving and/or Thursday! :)

=hands everyone large quantities of pumpkin pie before quietly exiting, stage left=

*hugs* good luck on your projects and exams, you and everyone else in the same fix! =)

and i second the wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving, or happy Thursday, as appropriate. =) I'm off in a few moments to spend the rest of the morning chained to the kitchen, but what kind of morning would it be without stopping in here first? =)

oh me.. oh my!! Then i must have not had a good Thanksgiving, as i can honestly say that for once it was calm and pleasant and completely devoid of catastrophic events, here. :D

Boring can be good. i think i could get *used* to boring, if life would ever give me a chance. ;)

I spent my first thanksgiving without my family this year, over at my friend Ryan's house. His mom offered to have me, my roommate and my roommate's younger brother over. Of course, my roommate's been best friends with Ryan since 2nd grade, so it worked out rather well.

It was fun - reaffirmed my position as Smash Bros. God, ate way too much mashed potatoes (which my friend found a shard of glass in! High-intensity eating!) and then passed out on the couch (Dang you triptophan!)

All in all, much fun.