The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

...mew?

A small pink kitten pounces gleefully into the application room, waving a pink and fragrant piece of paper in the air, a broad grin spread across her still juvenile fangs. "Meow! I wrote poetry!"

She leaps onto the waxed receptionist's desk and slides right into her lap, clawing at her thighs out of instinct. "Um... I'm sorry. Here you go." she says weakly as the lady recoils slightly.

A small kitten bought at owner's expense

It's childish actions make no sense

It does small backflips and impressive tricks

Among such things are karate kicks

It's apparent she's no regular cat

She can cross living rooms in no time flat

The owners are astonished by their kitten's skill

They always frown when she sits still

The kitten is confused because her actions are normal

Not meant to be impressive and not in the least bit formal

But time passes and the kitten grows older

It's tricks become boring instead of bolder

The owners are bored and seek a new pet

One that's still youthful and vibrant they'll get

Something cute deserving of their attention

The original cat goes on without mention

There is no more love for what once was shown care

Even with meows and purrs she gets nowhere

The owners only care about the new life in the house

The other feline only suited for hunting a mouse

She's nothing but a utility to a bored human's mind

Something to do work that it is assigned

The object of disgrace and veterinarian bills

Not something that's adored and filled with endless thrills

Jealousy is built within the past owner of the home

This new fluffy creation now has free roam

But there's something not understood by this old cat

She feels she has to care for her enemy... why is that?

:woot: Yay! I hope you get accepted. =^-^= Mew! Great poemy thing. -rapid nod- yesh yesh....sorta makes me think of the older sibling thing, nyeh? or my old dog when we got my grandpa's dog...she was sorta ignored cos everyone was busy training the puppy...wow...that was...a long time ago. :ph34r:

Pink Neko purrs quietly in her applicant easychair as she tosses a small bag of catnip from one paw to the other, patiently awaiting the arrival of the infamous Elder of Initiates. The poor kitten had been waiting for the overgrown lizard for around a week, and as a result her bright pink overcoat had gathered a layer of dust thick enough to cause her to radiate a hue of dark purple... Mumbling a tired "meow" as she begins to coil up for another catnap on her easychair, her drowsiness is suddenly interrupted as Wyvern comes barging into the Office's main entrance...

Turning towards Pink Neko and flashing one of his toothy grins as he waves a scaly claw, Wyvern dashes into the Office and tosses a few suitecases into a jumbled pile near his desk. Racing into his Office chair and propping his scaly feet onto his desktop, the reptilian Elder then proceeds to snatch Pink Neko's poem application from an endless mountain of paperwork located there. After reading over the poem several times carefully, the greedy lizard turns towards the eager applicant and gleefully hisses:

"I ssssee... A very good poem, Pink Nemo, and certainly a tragic yet heart warming tale..."

The overgrown lizard pauses for a moment, briefly rubbing his scaly claws together before reaching for one of his suitecases and exclaiming:

"... but why care for the enemy when the old cat could be using Almost Dragonic Brand Aphro Enhancement Hair Gel™? That would be certain to bring the attention back to where it rightfully belongs..."

Pink Neko sniffles and hesitantly responds:

"Well, errr... I-"

"One drop of this stuff can turn even the most straightly furred feline into a bouncing ball of fuzz, certain to catch the attention of bystanders!" interrupts Wyvern rudely before quickly adding: "AlmostDragonicAphroEnhancementHairGelisnotresponsibleforaccidents

involvingstraycatsmistakingclientsforballsofyarnandtearingthemtoshreds

,clientsbeingmistakenforlargewigs,orclientscreatingoceansofhairduring

sheddingseasons."

"Uhm..." starts Pink Neko "well, you see Mr. Wyvern..."

"Come come now, you're not fooling me Ms. Neko!" interrupts Wyvern once again "I know you'd love the attention it brings, and this stuff'll only cost you 5 geld a bottle... why, you could sell used kitty litter for that much!"

"Well, the thing is Mr. Wyvern... I'm a kitten myself and recieve plenty of attention, so I don't need it..."

Wyvern is about to speak up again when he suddenly realizes that Pink Neko is, indeed, a bright pink kitten... The layer of dust that had covered her previously had caused the lizard to mistake her for an older cat, but now that it had been shaken off he clearly saw that his efforts were in vain... Grumbling to himself while stamping Pink Neko's application ACCEPTED, the lizard grins at the thought of packaging the Aphro Gel in a shampoo bottle and playing a practical joke on Melba with it instead...

;-p

OOC: A good poem and an ACCEPTED application, Pink Nemo, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) Apologies for the long wait for a response, I lacked internet access this last week due to some vacationing I was doing. Once again, welcome!

Pip pops up from the imaginary stands and glomps the pink kittie. Yay!! Go neko-- She stops and giggles nervously. Well, I suppose secrets should be kept, yes? At any rate, here's some tuna, you seem fond of it. With this said, the hobbit skitters off into the crowd.

I'm quite happy for you err... ma'am, sir. I couldn't help but notice that Mr. Wyvern spelled yet another name wrong again, but you'll get used to it. He spelled my name wrong a few times as well, and he still has yet to stop calling me a lady... not that i mind. A good poem if I can say that. I've noticed that same situations with my cats. Our older one hadn't been pet in... months until I recently got around to him. I found out he's not as soft as he could be, but not as grungy as he looks either... Glad to see ya!

Meow! ( Ihave an arsenal of kitty emoticons... feel free to use them. I'll give you a list later.) >^_^< >*_*< >;_;< ... to name a few (Happy, dazed/confused, crying)

Your poem is so very impressive. It's almost symbolic of a certain outlook on life for children who grow up and have siblings. At first they are the object of attention but as they grow older and mature into what they feel they should be, their parents may lose interest and seek to bring a new life into the family. The new life takes the place of the old, although the old remains and is still considered a part of the family. And in the end the older child cannot help but care for the younger, even though resentment lines their heart at times.

Welcome to the pen Neko! I look forward to hearing many more of your works. Please be sure to check out the other areas of the keep and be sure to leave your footprints everywhere you go. :)