The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Péché mignon

My trip to Montreal inspired me this cute little crative game. So what is your péché mignon (literraly translated as Cute Sin but Knack is a more appropriate translation)?

It could be food, beverage, a ritual (like doing absolutly nothing for hours in Sundays) ie its gotta be something that you simply cannot resist and ever considering it as a treat. Of course, you can describe it with a short story, some roleplay, a poem, anything that fits your inspiration. With no further ado, I'll go with mine.

Look at that espresso coffee bean. Yes, that one. Sure its an espresso coffee bean just like every other bean you've seen before. Now, take a bite off that bean. Don't stare at me with that "Are you nuts?" look of yours, its no use. Yes, I'm dead serious about and no, I don't have all day. Good. Now, judging by the elegant twisted expression of your face, it is definatly not your cup of tea.

Now, lets take another espresso coffee bean. Don't worry, you wont eat that one yet. As I said... Ahem, stop interrupting me with your nonsense and trust me on that one. So, what I was about to say, lets take that espresso coffee bean and dip it in dark chocolate. Wait a sec, we need to chocolate to set in a hard shell around the espresso bean. Now, try that one without pinching your nose. See? I knew you can appreciate the mix of the bitterness and the flavor of both the coffee bean and the chocolate without burning your tongue. Of course, its better not to eat to many of them at once. And believe me, I always buy some whenever I have the chance to do so because I'm a bit of dark chocholate and coffee addict at once.

Music albums, record stores

Rare CDs, hip hop galore

Browse for hours, listen more

Spending money, profits sore

Listen to'em, listen well

Listen close so you can tell

What they say, a message seek

Headphone listening the peak

Stereo sound also swell

Must try both so you can tell

Which fits better for the disk

Before a rating you can risk

Listen to them several times

Some will grow, others are fine

Some you'll take back to the store

For selling back and buying more

Open CD, smell the booklet

New is better, scent is too slick

Spend about 3 dollars more

For neat smelling booklets galore

Make a long list of release dates

To save on dough so you're not late

On buying the essential disks

When they come out (a funding risk)

Add to this a few live shows

With dancing up in the front row

Plus some headnodding solitaire

And my Peche Mignon I share.

Especially the "buying new CDs for the process of opening the plastic and smelling the booklet" bit. ;p

Jelly Belly, Starburst, there are more.

They're coated in sugar and kinda chewy.

I can't eat just one.

A five pound bag, I can eat,

one day later no more.

I always take them when I can, but naturally of course.

And then I found something out.

A coffee flavored one.

This is beautiful to me.

A coffee flavored Jelly Bean?

Someone loves me.

My one and only serious addiction is Coca Cola Slurpees. I LOVE these, crave these, MUST HAVE THESE!!

To prove how famous I am for this addiction, I will show you a sig that my EQ friends made for me to use on our guild board. My nickname in EQ was Princess for YEARS. Infact, I have RL friends that call me that now. *shakes her head in shame*.

Anyway, so that quickly turned into "Slurpee Princess". Here is the sig they made.

Posted Image

LOL Isn't that funny? I have a bad reaction to caffeine, so I don't drink any beverage with it in it. I've asked every 7-11 person I can find if these slurpees have caffeine in them, but none of them can tell me.

All I know is, they don't bother me, and a can of coke does. So, who knows??

~Salinye :butterfly:

It's not my fault!

Certainly I can resist buying them - or I would be broke in the time is takes a purple fuzzy thing to break (very litterally) into a safe - but there is no doubt that when someday I have a family of my own, our home theatre system will be well stocked.

As I said though... this movie collecting desire is not my fault. It is a learned behaviour! We (my parents, siblings and myself) have over 300 VHS and DVDs currently in our collection - and I have been on hand for the purchase of many of them.

Learned behaviour!

At any given time I will have my eye on at least two distinct DVDs.... chosing things to purchase in future is, after all, a form of entertainment in itself.