The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Long Overdue Application

*Thunk*

Ugarte looked at the knife sticking half way out of the elm tree. Just below it stood a little child, still holding onto a hand full of daisies but now quiviering with fright. Ugarte let out a sigh of relief once he saw that she was physically unharmed. Slowly he sheathed the other knife he had in his other hand and started walking to the young child.

"I sorry Fey, I did not realize it was you." Ugarte gentle said as he slowly reached for the child. "You should not have startled me." Fey jerked away before Ugarte got close enough to touch her. She then dropped the daisies and started running towards town.

Ugarte just watched her go. He then walked to the Daisies, knelt down, and picked them up. He then grabbed the knife and cleaned it off before sheathing it. He carefully placed the daisies into his pocket before heading back to town.

Thirty minutes later he arrived to the house he was staying at. He gently opened the door and stuck his head in before walking in. He made his way up the stairs to Fey's room. He knocked on the door before walking in. he saw Fey curled up in a ball in the corner crying, while her mother Julia tried to comfort her. Ugarte just turned around and walked out of Fey's room, gently shutting the door behind him before making his way to his room.

Ugarte looked up when he heard his door fly open. "How dare you attack my daughter!!" Julia screamed, "How could you after all we have done for you."

"Sorry," Ugarte just replied as he looked back down and continued his packing.

"Is that all you have to say?!? At least you could tell me why you attacked my daughter."

"I just thought she was someone else, and she surprised me. Tell her that I truely feel sorry for what I have done." Ugarte said as he finished tying close his bags. He then lifted up his bags and placed it onto his back. "Also I want to thank you for treating my leg. I will not forget your kindness." Ugarte started walking to the door.

"Do you really expect me to buy that load of crap. You nearly killed my daughter. I should have you...."

"Arrested???" Ugarte interupted. He stopped and looked Julia in the eyes. "I have told you the truth. If you calm down I am sure you will realize that. Besides, the job I have to do is too importent to allow myself stay in a jail." He placed his hand on Julia's shoulder, "Once again I apologise for what happened earlier. Goodbye Julia, and once again thank you...... SLEEP" Ugarte grabbed Julia before she fell to the floor, and carried her to the bed. After laying her down he left.

As he left town, Ugarte pulled out a list of names from his back pocket. He put the names of his targets into his memory before destroying the paper. He knew the villians that he needed to kill. With luck, He would be the one to kill some of the most terrifying villians, making the world a slightly safer and more peaceful place to live.

Edited by Racouol

Racouol taps his right foot patiently on the office floor as he awaits the infamous Elder of Initiates' arrival, wondering how long the overgrown lizard would take to get to his application... Thoroughly prepared for an extensive wait given the numerous rumors he had heard of Wyvern's monthly scheming absences, the Lord of Nightmares reaches through his endless pockets for one of the many bags of chips he had brought along with him as a waiting snack. He is thoroughly startled as Wyvern suddenly comes barging through the office's main entrance, however, and accidentaly pulls out a bag of brussel sprouts as a result.

Glancing briefly at the bag and tossing it aside in a distaste, the Bearer of Deep Pockets eagerly turns towards Wyvern and exclaims:

"So Wyv... what's your verdict on my-"

"Application story?" interrupts Wyvern "It's definitely well written... I can relate to that Ugarte fellow since I'm also blamed for everything... I just wish I had one of those nifty Sleep spells he uses..."

Having said this, the overgrown lizard quickly whips out a list of "things to do" and marks "Steal Sleep spell from Falcon2K1" on it with his Crow Feather of Reliability before turning once again towards Racouol and muttering:

"... I think we should be discussing a more important issue at the moment, though... that of whether or not you're accepted to the Pen."

Racouol scratches his chin and frowns before responding:

"But... I thought that Pen acceptances were based on the quality of applications?"

"Wellll..." hisses Wyvern sinisterly "... sometimes they are, but occasionaly I cook up another test or two. In this case, I'd like to ask you which of the following three Almost Dragonic Frying Pan designs you think will sell the best..."

"Errrr..." mumbles Racouol "What do frying pans have to do with th-"

"This first design..." interrupts Wyvern while whipping out a piece of paper with a messy drawing on it "... I like to call the 'Face of Greatness' design. The pan is shaped like my beautiful, almost dragonic face... Think it'll sell?"

"No." responds Racouol immediatly, cringing at the messy design and shaking his head vigorously. "Where did you get that idea from anyway?"

"Eheheh, just a random kitchen incident that occured with Celes Crusador once..." responds Wyvern while twiddling his thumbs innocently. "... Anyhow, moving right along... this second design I like to call the 'Rubber Chicken Deluxe.' The frying pan is made out of high quality elastic rubber, and is perfect for cooking rubber chicken eggs!"

"I don't think that'll work either..." mutters Racouol glumly while trying to decipher the jumbled blueprints of the second design "... after all, the frying pan is often used by chefs as a weapon of choice. Elastic rubber wouldn't fare well in combat..."

"Good point..." mumbles Wyvern. "... then you'll love this third design! I like to call it the 'Durability Plus' design-"

Before Wyvern can continue, Melba the Almost Secretary of Initiates suddenly rushes into the office weilding a prototype copy of the overgrown lizard's "Durability Plus" frying pan. Clobbering the reptilian Elder over the head with the frying pan several times, Melba is pleased to see that the hits don't wear out the pan at all. As the Almost Secretary continues in her relentless clobbering, Racouol gives a standing ovation for the "Durability Plus" design.

Wyvern collapses onto his desk and stamps Racouol's application "ACCEPTED" in the process...

;-)

OOC: On a more serious note, Racouol, an ACCEPTED application... Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I'll add that it's great to see that you've finally decided to officially joine us, and that it's an honor. Be sure to either post your e-mail addy here or mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com so I can send you some Pen additional info should I need to. Once again, welcome!

Racouol stared at Wyvern's limp body for a few moments. After looking around for a few moments he dug a healing potion. He then opened Wyverns mouth open and poared the elixer down Wyvern's throat then took an immediate ten steps backwards.

Wyverns jumped "Uggh, what was that stuff you fed me?" Wyvern asked why making faces of disgust.

"It was just a potion of healing I have been saving for a while now. I was sort of afraid that it went bad" Racouol quickly looked at the empty flask and noticed an experation date. Reading the experation date he noticed that it went bad nearly 7000 years ago. "Um well luckly for you it is still good" Racouol lied as he shoved the flask into his pocket.

"Well that is a good thing to hear." Wyvern replied as he turned around. "well as I was saying...." Racouol took this moment to slip out the office and celibrate his acceptance.

*OOC* My e-mail address is Racouol@hotmail.com