The loss of joy in just one gulp

Ah me and my coffee

Too much now I have to pee

What a pity, reduced to this

All over now gone in piss

Perhaps one day I’ll find my joy

Once again in a coffee pot boil.

Hope it isn't too poor for your taste

It's nice to sometimes see poetry about seemingly mundane things. I can't critique poetry, I really can't, but I did enjoy reading this. I would describe this poem as... fun.

Just have patience with the almost-dragon. If I had to bet, I'd bet on this being accepted.

Wyvern lifts his scaly feet from his desk and lightly plucks DL Snake's application from a large pile of papers that rests before him, picking his fangs with a spare quill as he reads over the amusing poem several times. After having finished it, the lizard belches a few flames and sets the application aside, muttering:

"Ah yessss... coffee. The drink is certainly not too poor for my taste... though then again, my taste buds have become adapted to an unnatural level of poorness."

The overgrown lizard shifts in his seat and takes a sip of booze, raising the Endless Decanter towards DL Snake and hissing:

"I mussst admit, though, that I switched from coffee to booze a while back... Booze gets you feeling just as rowdy, and costs far less for me. Besides... I had to quit drinking coffee since Melba continuously tried spiking my coffee mug with a variety of tranquilizers."

Suddenly, an angry Melba barges into the office wearing a volleyball outfit and carrying several empty coffee mugs. Glaring furiously at Wyvern, the Almost Secretary fills one of the mugs with tranquilizer pills and tosses it into the air, immediatly leaping up after it and spiking it at Wyv. The lizard manages to quickly dodge the mug and laughs victoriously, only to be hit in the face with a jar of coffee beans. Grumbling curses and rubbing his aching visage, he points a finger at Melba and mumbles:

"As you can see, she still spikes them..."

Suddenly noticing that he now holds a free jar of coffee beans, the greedy lizard flashes an evil grin towards DL Snake and mutters:

"If you'd still like some more coffee, I can offer it to you now! Since you're new to the guild and all, I'll even charge it to you at half price! Only 2 geld per coffee bean!"

DL Snake raises a brow and rubs his ears in disbelief at the insanely high price. Noticing that his offer didn't settle in too well, the reptilian Elder of Initiates quickly stamps DL Snake's application ACCEPTED before being hit on the head by a small coffee table used by Melba as a projectile...

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application DL Snake, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) Be sure to either post your e-mail address here or mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com so that I can send you some additional Pen info...

• 1 month later...