The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Last Stand

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Twas a sad time indeed,the proud race of humans reudced to such pityfull numbers. The ones that have survied far to few,far to weak,and with almost no hope to go on. And there foes,the Katari,sit in the cities that we're once there's. Growing fat on the goods they worked so hard for. But not for long,the humans although weak in number,are strnge in spirt. With the hope and faith they could take on the gods themselves. But who would rasie the humans spirts,so them may raise there arms in combat? Who would fight who would go down in history,who would save the human race? Out of the last many raised up but all failed,the human's number's were so thin that only one more rebilion could occur. SO now raises up the hero's the men,and women who will make the Last Stand!

(short intro but I don't feel liek typing anymore)

Amidst the destruction of... Tokyo City, Japan, Damon looks curiously at the narrator of the story and decides he wants to save the world too.

His crimson trenchcoat floats about behind him, concealing his shotgun, the only means of protection he has against the Katari... whatever they are.

"This desolation has become monotonous." he says, his ebony coored hair floating about behind him as he loads another round for the onslaught of various things heading his way. "All right, I suppose we could have a jolly round of target practice, so step up to the plate ladies and gentleman because we have quite the show for you."

A second later he finds himself reloading as two Katari grunts? explode in a flurry of blood and buckshot. (OOC: Er... I'm sort of adding to this-ish, so please bear with me) "I've been dealing with you guys for too long, I need to meet the big guy."

As the ravenous creatures that are the Katari's pets advance on him, or rather called the "Skish..." he mutters, the blinding fury of claws swarming towards him in an additional mound of teeth and razor edged anger. "I suppose the mindless shock troops of the Katari deserve a little action before I run out of here. what do you think?" his alst question asked to absolutely no one in particular, but he has a habit of giving credit to his imaginary partner so he doesn't inflate his ego too much.

On or two shots are fired off from the blazing shotgun before he realizes he is out of ammo. "Time to go." he mutters to himself as he pivots and begins to run, several corpses smattered on the dusty pavement behind his scurrying feet. "What I'd give for some wings..."

(OOC: I really hope i didn't mess anything up, but you gave such a 'blah' intro... no offense, but I had to somewhat broaden what we were up against... should I have interfered with your plan... I apologize profusely.

A slender figure leapt in a flickering instant from the roof of a nearby building to balance perfectly on the edge of a tree branch. He had just seen what had occurred below him...

Valyn had to be careful. If the Katari found him...he didn't know what they would do to a powerful psychic, but it was probably either death or enslavement. A long black cloak billowed about his petite frame, as he leapt from that tree branch he stood on to another.

Perhaps there would be a chance...but now was the time to flee.

Edited by Elwen

• 2 weeks later...

It was no longer than a few minutes that had past before the Skish began randomly exploding around him. He took a left turn and ran into something, tripping over it while he stared at the sloosh of organs and the like erupt behind him. It was small girl. "He-hello." He scrambled to his feet, pointing the shotgun at 'her'. "you're not here to kill me are you? I may be out of ammo, but i can sure use something to crack your skull open."

(Mrowr... a brief intor to you ashke... sorry.)

Valyn stands up, brushing his cloak off. It is plainly obvious that he is human, albeit a small one. His green eyes glint at Damon. "I am not a girl." he says, alto voice calm. "I may look and sound like one, but I am not."

Damon bows slightly. Please forgive me, I wasn't paying attention. During any circumstance where my life was not at stake, i would have been able to tell the difference, but those things behind me started blowing up at random and... I'm out of ammo, so it's a trifle hectic. I meant no insult."

He lowered his empty shotgun. "Since you haven't killed me for saying so, I presume you're not hostile towards me." He helped his victim of clumsiness up and continued to walk away. "You know, you might want to be a little careful around here... there are far worse things than just the Skish, and I'm not one of them..." He waved his hands back in a farewell as he continued to walk away, the crunching growl of the Skish and the shrieks of the Kitari fading into the other direction.

"Well, that's a relief. Again, I'm really sorry about the whole... girl thing. I'll probably be apologizing for a loong time. when there were still people to apologize to, I did that a lot. Meow? Oh, sorry... I kind of picked that up listening to the Katari wail all the time. It sends subliminal messages you know. By the way, my name's Damon. You don't have to tell me yours, I just have this odd habit of telling people my name since I haven't seen a person in months, and i've been running and..." He falls over, fainted.

(OOC: He said all of that pretty quickly...)

(OOC: I have something... on my mind... forgive me.)