The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

my application(hope it works!)

Stuck in a hospital bed,

Pain surging through my head.

Everyone rushes past,

Everythings happening so fast.

Does anyone remember about poor little old me?

You know, the one stuck here; who can't be free.

Hate and anger wash over me- bringing me down,

Frustration and restrictions, not letting me turn around.

Dragging me down into the black,

This has gone too far- can't turn back.

Suffocating and choking in a world of pain,

My feelings extinguished; like fire in rain.

Drowning in a pool of rage,

Can't get out- because i'm stuck in a cage.

People walk past and just stare,

Everyone so fake, pretending to care.

Their friendships so false,

As fake as a dead mans pulse.

• 2 weeks later...

Chanz slowly awakens from a hazy dream he had been having and sits up in his hospital bed, silently cursing at the car company Nissan™ for getting him into this entire car crash mess. Stretching and yawning in his numerous casts and white bandages, the unfortunate car crash victim is suddenly brought to a rude awakening as he notices that his hospital bed is surrounded by several news reporters carrying large cameras. Before the bandaged Pen applicant can so much as utter a word, several cameras flash and the questioning commences:

"Chanz, is it true that Nissan™ is being held responsible for your injuries?!"

"Errr... well, I-" responds Chanz before being rudely interrupted by an advertisement agent seeking a cheap method of advertising "Nanotoknonnen-Os" (the cereal officially endorsed by Super Mummy.) Shoving a box of the infamous cereal brand into Chanz's bandaged hands, the advertiser quickly takes several snapshots of Chanz clutching it while happily exclaiming the slogan "Mummies even eat it in bed!". The unfortunate crash victim stares at the box of cereal in disgust, noticing that it's made of 90% sand and even has Nissan™ as one of it's sponsors...

"Chanz!" exclaims another reporter "Is it true that you'll be suing Nissan™ for all of the damages that you've been dealt?!"

"Hmmm... I hadn't heard-" manages Chanz before his bandaged head is burried in an ocean of microphones held out by eager reporters, stiffling the dialogue he has to offer.

"Chanz..." questions a third reporter, this one speaking in a much more solemn tone than the others. "... is it true that you've hired Wyvern as a lawyer...?"

Chanz frowns as, upon hearing this question, all of the reporters in the room suddenly fall into a frightened silence. Now gazing at the hospilitized Chanz with a far greater sense of pity than they had had before, the vicious circle of reporters is suddenly broken up by a hospital nurse carrying a large breakfast tray. The rather small looking nurse is, in fact, Shiny the Pen Elder Dwarf, who had been assigned by Elder Wyvern to rescue the applicant Chanz from his news-rat-infested recovery hospital... Quickly winking and giggling to Chanz, Nurse Shiny immediatly grabs the box of "Nanotoknonnen-Os" that now lays by the applicant's bedside and immediatly tears it open, searching through the cereal of the box with an eager ring-adorned hand until she finally pulls out the shiny ancient egyption heiroglyphic prize that comes in each box. Admiring the shiny-ness of the heiroglyphic symbol, the Pen Elder Dwarf quickly pockets it before getting to work on her assignment... Opening the lid of a large, shiny silver platter that rests on the breakfast tray, Nurse Shiny swiftly pulls Chanz out of bed and shoves him onto the platter, slamming the lid back on and quickly dashing out of the hospital room. By the time the dumbfounded reporters realize what has happened, the clever Pen Elder Dwarf has already exited the hospital with Chanz and is quickly making her way to the Pen...

Upon arriving at the Pen, Chanz is given a new recovery room and the cast on his left leg is stamped ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application Chanz, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) My apologies for my lateness in responding, I greatly enjoyed your poem. Please be sure to either post your e-mail address here or mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com so that I can send you some addition Pen info.