The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

My application

I only read this topic after I had posted all the work I had done onto the boards, having been told to do so by Nobody. That kind of makes me shaky as to whether pasting the same poem in a different topic counts but I'll do it anyway. By the way, my poems are on a number of different sites under different names due to the fact I keep changing E-Mail address due to spam. PLEASE nobody pointing out the obvious!

Life is a prison,

Oh God let me out.

No one to listen,

To hear when you shout.

Climb the walls of insanity,

Ride the waves of despair.

If you fall it don't matter,

There's no one to care.

Used to wish for a window,

To see birds, trees and sky,

But you're better without one -

Stops you aiming too high.

Watching freedom is painful,

For those locked away.

Seeing joy, love and happiness,

Another price that you pay.

Strong is good, weak is bad.

Be it false, be it true.

Your mind makes the choice,

And enforces it too.

Cell walls built by society,

With rules to adhere.

If you breach the acceptable,

You had better beware.

Hide the pain, carry on,

Routine is the key.

Don't let on that you're not,

What you're pretending to be.

Lock it all up inside you,

How badly that bodes.

Look out for that one day,

When it all just explodes.

Leaving naught but a shell,

Base functionality too.

But killing all else,

That was uniquely you.

So how do you grow,

With a timebomb inside?

Or how to defuse it,

Without destroying its ride?

You can't.

Yay! Another lyricist! Seriously, it's great to see someone else here who writes in verse. Welcome to the ranks of the dark poets.

Great poem. You'll do fine. And if they don't accept this one because it's been posted elsewhere, or whatever else... don't worry, you can do another. You'll get in easily.

Thanks for deciding to apply to the Pen and posting an application, Solivagus. I very much enjoyed your poem (which I take is "untitled"?), and particularly enjoyed the numerous literary techniques you incorporated, such as the metaphor of "life is a prison" and the the symbol of the "timebomb" for mankind's inevitable self-destruction. In my opinion, the principal themes of the poem are that mankind is forever trapped in the strict guidelines of society, and that these faulty guidelines ultimately lead to their self-destruction.

Unfortunatly, as excellent as this poem is, I can't accept it as an application as one's application to the Pen should be an original piece of writing specifically posted with the intention of joining the Pen, as opposed to a previously archived work. More information on how to appropriately apply can be found here.

There's one other request I would like to make, if it doesn't bother you... I would like if you either didn't archive your works that have already been posted under different alias' on different boards over here, or if you deleted them from the other sites and moved them over to the Pen. I would also like for you not to post the works you write here on other sites under different alias'. There's certainly nothing wrong with archiving your old poetry here... it's just that the problem arises of people mistaking the difference of alias' on certain works between different sites as plagiarism, which we don't want to happen.

Having said this, I hope you consent to these terms and eagerly await a reapplication. :)