The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The beginning of the middle of the end

autumn_sun

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am a /fox/ spirit. Dogs and foxes are related but are NOT the same." the elf maiden scowls. "Never mind...why I am wasting time arguing over whether I am a kitsune or a dog? I already know the answer."

Though unconscious, the boy's ears are working well, but his nerves seem to have gone into a crumple, and he is trying to untie the muddled phone cord they have become in his mind. He finds that the usually annoying poking is not quite as annoying. He figures it might be because he can't feel a thing, and there is currently a dial tone running through his subconscious annoying him more than poking ever could.

Damn phone cord, if I could just pick up the reciever... after escaping this infernal net... then I could dial my conscious body to wake up. Well... before I faint again, I might want to figure out what was going on.

The fox and the equal attitude of a hound ramble on in the background about who is a fox or a dog, before the real fox decides that as long as she knows the truth, all is well.

Let me see here. Damon remarks to himself as he searches through the squirming mass of plastic-coated copper. Oh! Here it is! There is a brief flash of a smiling kitten holding an exclamation mark as it runs off into the reciever, signaling the solution has been located. Cute cat... He stares at a small piece of thread poking out discreetly and wonders... After less than a word of thought, he touches the string and it wiggles as if a small breeze hit it. The pink tip of the thread is now a micrometer lower than it used to be, noticeable only in the realm of the subconscious. I moved it! He smiles widely and then goes back to a confused frustration. Wasn't it supposed to... The entire phone cord collapses out of it's knot, like a building falling apart, and it now lies in a perfectly straight line leading to the reciever... six miles away. Damon sighs and prepares for the usual perilous journey through his mind.

This happens every time I faint... I need to lighten up a little bit. Maybe whatever I'm fighting today won't try to pull out my teeth with a crowbar this time. He starts to walk and comes face to face with a wooden exclamation point... or rather wood to face. "Ow!" He falls over, his eyes spiraling wildly as he falls to the ground. The last thing he sees is the same pink kitten who was smiling at him a moment before.

Meanwhile, out in the real world...

Damon is lying there, sleeping if that is what a coma is called, when he yells "Ow!" While he was only unconscious before, he is now obviously in a real coma, as you see a small pink kitten fade away with a large wooden exclamation point... his thoughts becoming quasi-real. It's now obvious that while he's apparently not used to seeing fox demon or the like, he can make his thoughts a reality. (Which is why the two dead people didn't bother him so much.) :mellow:

Edited by Damon Inferel

=she stopped her prodding, staring at the vision of the cat, eyebrows furrowed in confusion= "Hey...um...dog lady? You know of any healing spells? I think there's something wrong with this guy...Like seriously...His pulse is real low..." =she held up his limp arm, frowning=

"He's almost cold..."

Of COURSE he's almost cold, they all go cold eventually. They all are going to die. He might be lucky, dying like this will be far less painful than ice.=If either of the other two could see inside her mind, they would be able to hear the cold faceless voice echoing through the ghost girl's mind=

=she twitched, looking at the Kitsune/Elf= "I'm not sure what's wrong with him, but it cannot be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, back in Damon's comatose status, where the murky depths of the concrete hallway loomed before him...

Damon awakes, sometime later, though the kitten is long gone. Due to the blackness and the cold concrete that reminds him he is still locked in his mental prison, he assumes it is still a dream.

Wait a minute... If this was a dream, why am I looking at myself? He asks himself, suddenly watching his own unconscious body, lying on a concrete slab with a large wodden splinter embedded in his forehead. Um... His eyes widen as the pool of blood from his unconscious self starts to leak from the hole where the splinteri mpaled the back of his head as well. Holy crap! I died in my sleep! that is so damn freaky! I didn't think it was... possible to die like that... He paces back and forth for a short time, his light footsteps making an eerily loud noise as it clangs off of the aluminum walls of his shrinking room.

The walls... they... are shrinking? He thinks about this a second before deciding it's best to not die a third time, as his hour of pacing has told him he was dead the moment he passed out. He had died of fright from the fox spirit that had presented herself. If this is still what is classified as being trapped in my mind, I can do whatever I want, right? Let me see... He focuses his thoughts for a second and produces a small laser which carves a hole in the aluminum. Without staring in awe, he grabs his other dead body and drags both of himself through the hole. Shortly after, the cube of thin metal collapses into itself and inverts, informing Damon that each time he dies is more gruesome, and the less of a chance he has to return to the world as a spirit. As the cube inverts, it charges towards him, but Damon brings up a large steel slab to crush the entire box before it expands to too great of proportions.

Well, I like the ability to conjur things, even though none of them are actually real...

"But they are real." A voice booms overhead. "Everything you see is real, but only in the spirit world. Effectively, this is hell, and we will come up with worse ways to kill you each time. Now, this is not the Hell, but rather a cheap remodeling used for film shoots. We just find it interesting to see how much carnage we can create, and how innovative you are with your new talents. When we are amused enough, you will return to the spirit world to join your aunt. Or... you can go there." A bright light is produced as a tunnel surrounds it.

Let me guess, you are also a cheap movie set remake of God? Damon asks as the tunnel looms before him and he steadies his sniper rifle that he just created.

"Well... no. I'm actually nobody. I'm the stage manager. I make sure the props are where they need to be, and that you still have enough bodies left over to kill. I was surprised how you handled that cube, but they will only get more--" He was cut off by a loud gunshot.

I always knew that light was just a 100-watt bulb. Damon remarks as he throws the gun away. Sorry, I adapt really quickly to odd situations, so I think i'm done talking to you. Could you go away before I produce a preschool tape or something? Thanks. He jumps out of the way as a guillotine blade punctures the floor in front f him, falls victim to the other fifteen that collide with him in a criss-cross pattern.

"Cocky, arrogant boy." The stage manager float s out of existence as Damon stands back up, staring at the mess that was made of him.

Look! I have people to talk to all right?! Let me out of this deathtrap! There is nothing but blackness surrounds him, and the only sound is that of no sound. Things are serious again.

Meanwhile, again, back in the real world

A small hole bores itself in the skull of the corporeal dead body of Damon, his pulse fading from low to nothing. His heart stops, and he takes one last dying breath, saying nothing in particular. Though dead in mind the moment he set eyes on the fox spirit, but his physical body did not die until an hour after he set eyes on his mind's dead body, and thirty seconds after his apparent aunt and the fox had seen the cat walk away with the exclamation point. Blood trickles in a small pool onto the grass next to Lenore's grave. A twisted irony that two members of his family line die young, one younger than the other, and right next to the younger one as well.

(OOC: Basically, as an hour passed in my head, you took thrity seconds to watch the hole in my head create and notice i was dead. Um... every time I die in my mind, you see the previous death, so if i die again... it's a little messy, but i don't intend on it again, so you won't have to watch my body line itself with a fence pattern of blood as I fall into various pieces... ok? Sorry for the description...)

[[=blinks veerrrryy slowly= Yay! I reply noooow...instead of researching my paper for art 1. Heeheee. And gory, uber graphic/violent things don't /usually/ bother me...or was that directed more @ the Lynne-ish one? -dont answer that-]]

=Lenore's eyes widened as she stared the hole appearing in his skull=

"WHAT THE?! OH SHIT!!!" =she dropped his hand in shock and looked up at Elwen. "SHIT SHIT SHIT! It's not supposed to happen like this!!!" =she rocked back and forth on her heels, absent-mindedly chewing on a bit of hair= "This is /not/ supposed to happen!" =her fingers curled around the blood red teardrop shaped stone that was about her neck, her green eyes narrowed in thought=

/Don't tell me you have some compassion for the little twerp./

"SHUT UP!" =she snapped, glancing at the gravestone.

/Come on, admit it. Despite your cold exterior, you're actually worried about this kid. Funny how you were about to stab him earlier./

"Well he's my nephew! Gah. I /am/ allowed to care for my family, am I not? Unless you've made that impossible as well." =she said dryly, looking at the stone as if it were talking to her. Which...in a way....it was.=

/Pity he had a weak heart. Just like you. I blame ill breeding./ =If Elwen could hear the voice inside Lenore's mind, she would notice a bit of amusement in it.=

"WE ARE NOT DOGS! WE ARE NOT "BRED!" WE HAVE NO ILL BREEDING!" =Her fists clenched, as well as her jaw.=

/You're as good as any dog. You know you're worth less than dirt. And there's NOTHING you can do about it./ =Cold laughter resonating in her mind, it slowly fading away into silence= /You are worth NOTHING./

[Meefer...Please forgive me for any power playing I might have done...is it ok that I said he had a weak heart? You said he died of shock at the sight of the kitsune, so...yeah. Er...yeah.]

Edited by autumn_sun

Elwen drops to her knees besides the boy's lifeless body, whispering apologies and prayers for his soul in both her native languages-kitsune and elven.

"It is my fault." the harper says remorsefully. "I should never have come. If it were not for me, he would be alive."

"Mmmph." =she grunted= "Don't blame yourself, it's such a...human characteristic." =she said with disdain= "I doubt very much anyone was expecting your litttle show. Especially him. He's only a human after all. Or...was. Dammit, this was NOT supposed to happen!"

"Ugh. Stop it already. This is insane. Did you kill him on purpose? No. Not your fault then. Unless you made him have the weak heart, which I doubt. It runs in the family." =she nodded, still chewing on the strand of hair= "But what are we going to DO with him? If the authorities come, what shall we say?"

Zacchariah Sheperd, shadow pixie and theif extrordinaire snuck up behind the odd group, wondering whether it was worth it to enter the semi-liquified brains of the dead boy and plunder his memories. Upon seeing the hole in his head however, he decided not to risk it. Then he smelled the Kitsune. He nearly leapt for joy, because every pixie knew what Kitsunes had in their pockets: lint. But not just any lit. Magical residue that gathered in their pockets-and they didn't even notice! It made wonderful wine, and was worth more than twice its weight in gold. His ragged black brown and grey mottled clothing hid his five-inch-tall charcoal colored form as he hovered silently in the air beside Elwen's pocket and dove in, careful to move it no more than would a breeze. This accomplished he began to scrape at the lint.

You know, this is a little odd. Damon thinks to himself, his voice booming off of the rampant sheet metal tha cuses his demise if he's not careful. I have been walking forever, and still I can't find the stage exit. Wait a minute! This is still what is considered a dream, right?

With a quick thought, something that resembels a poorly drawn chalk rectangle is grafted into the balckness as the metal folds itself into an armada of swords. HHe struggles to scribble the words 'Stage Exit' into it, knowing that if he dies, the guillotine blade death will surely make someone throw up if they see it. The words re etched just in time for him to duck behind the door as a thousand swords clang into the watered down remnants of a chalk drawing.

Well, that was close. Hey! Another thing! I'm back in the real world! ...um... He looks around noticin that he's still invisible to the people who inadvertantly killed him. I feel like I'm in one of those 'Gost of Christmas Past'. You know, I can see them, but they can't see me. Wait, I'm talking to myself...

(OOC: Meow... this post was terrible, but I was getting sort of tired posting to myself... and other things... meow...)

{{=pat pat= it's alright, dude. Arf.}}

=she sighed, staring at the mark on his head as if almost, in a sick way, captivated by it= "There's something in your pocket." =she mumbled, pointing at Elwen's pocket= "Unless your pocket naturally moves like that."

Elwen slides her slender hand into her dress pocket and removes what is there. Opening her palm, it is revealed to be a tiny pixie.

"Trying to steal lint?" she asks mock-sternly. "You can keep what you have...in fact, I'll /give/ you the rest. Just ask next time."

((Elisa, I REALLY don't think that silk makes lint. Elwen's wearing a silk dress...))

((It's magic Kitsune lint. They all have it, no matter what they wear))

Was she being sarcastic? Probably. Zach had heard about how harsh her kind were when they caught a would-be theif. The general advice was bite them and run, or curl into a protective ball. He chose the latter, his slate grey braids flying after him as he tucked his head under both arms and rolled up. The bony ridges on his back were clearly visible through a shirt that was worn thin where it wasn't ripped.

[[teehee. Kitsune lint!!]]

=not looking up, she voiced her curiousity= "What is it? Can it bring back the dead? Or help spirits move on?" =she laughed hollowly=

{{good lord that was terrible...sorry...I have a massive headache, among other things}}

Edited by autumn_sun

"No. Nothing can bring back the dead." Elwen's voice is hollow. "And the only way for an unsent spirit to move on is for them to accept that they are dead...and let go."

{{Elisa-most kitsune /are/ thieves. I think you meant to say that that they would be mad that someone was trying to be better then they were.}}

((*blink* even thieves don't like being stolen from))

He blinked, surprised, looking up at Elwen with intelligent light grey eyes. Getting over his timidity, he stood up in her hand, the better to make eye contact.

"Actually, ma'am, there are certain spells for the excorcism of clingy spirits.... M'name's..."

He stopped a moment to think of a false name. He was lying, and didn't care who knew it.

"...Louis. Louis Toussaint. Pleased to meet you."

[[right, please forgive me...I have just realised that I fell asleep for more than an hour]]

"Great..." =she sighed, looking over at the pixie in Elwen's hand, having to look up slightly= "Wussat?" =she repeated= "And wussit want?" =her speech was slurred, as if she were extremely drunk= "Does it need sugar?" =somewhere in the depths of her mind, a little voice was telling her that all small things with wings need sugar= Now where did THAT come from, I wonder? =she thought=

(OOC: Frantically waves arms and paws as Damon turns more into a kitty... not really* Plwase excuse my current absence, as I wrote myself into a corner. I'll wait for you guys to somehow resurrect my spirit before I can stop cringing at the fact I ruined my writing abilities for this post as of my last one.)