The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The beginning of the middle of the end

autumn_sun

[[OOC:I'm currently high off of incense and AFI]]

=A little girl stood staring at a gravestone, dressed in a simple black dress, her pale skin matching the milky white moonlight. Her blonde hair was done up in a tight bun, her green eyes were blank=

"Lenore B_ _ _l_tt

Bor_ J_ly _ 18_5

Di_d Febr_ _ry 6 _904

S_ch a tr_g_dy t_at _he _ied _o _ _ ng"

=her voice was soft as she read the worn stone, already knowing what the rubbed of letters were=

'Lenore Barlett

Born July 7 1895

Died February 6 1904

Such a tragedy that she died so young.'

=the strange girl started laughing, licking her cherry lips, kicking the gravestone hard=

~ :raven: Autumn Sun

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why do you laugh, child?" Elwen says in her soft soprano: she has come up behind the human child. "Are you one that lingers upon this side after your time has passed? If you /are/ Lenore, you have played at life too long."

• 4 weeks later...

=The pale girl turned to face the woman, blinking slowly=

"And who are you that you think you can simply walk up to a complete stranger about their business?"

=she said coldly, eyes narrowing, her laughter stopping quickly=

"It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of others."

Edited by autumn_sun

[lol. Ah, funny most of your/merry's/john's/scott's {{if i ever get into a campaign with him, heh}} characters end up hating my characters, which for some reason are total bastards? Hn...does this tell us something? hopefully not!!]

"Well your curiousity is not welcomed here." =the air, if possible, got colder, but not a shiver did she show=

Edited by autumn_sun

"They say that curiosity killed the cat." Elwen says quietly, not seeming to notice. The air around her shimmers, as if she is not completely there. "The Fifth Circle has closed...and it has come to this." she looks back at Lenore. "Death is only the beginning...those who have experienced Her embrace know. But you must move on...there are other worlds out there, and as long as you remain here clinging to what has been lost, you can never find them. You /must/ move on, you have played at life too long." her lips curve into a bitter half-smile, and her next words are the barest whisper of evening mist. "As have I."

Damon steps in and briefly runs to OOC...

OOC: Pip? i thought you were Merry? Or am I still an idiot? Um... I am guessing we are in a graveyard...

"Hn..." Damon regards the stone in front of the girl nodding. it seems as though he has appeared out of nowhere, but he just stalked up while the two ladies were locking eyes with each other. "excuse me, little girl? Do you know this woman? I have come here many times, and yet I have seen you never around. This lady was my grandmother's daughter. Who was she to you? In overhearing your conversation, you seem to be shunning to those curious, but I must know why you are here."

Damon turns to face the other company presently arguing, though subtly, with the little girl.

"And why are you here? None of you seem to have any business here... or do you?"

OOC: i'm sorry to just jump in like /i know everything, but... I figured I'd tie myself in with the dead person somehow... I hope I didn't offend any of you... meow? mewo >^_^<

((I tis be the pippeth one!!! And offend? How are you offending me? Am I missing something? Oye, it's been a long day... ^.^'))

=an eyebrow arched at the strange newcomer, then a look of scorn=

"Why...." =she asked, her voice dangerously quiet= "Can't I /ever/ have any business that is kept to myself? My life is of NO concern to you, either of you."

=she sneered= "I am not dead, as you are so keen on thinking. She," =the strange girl motioned to the grave= "was a...friend. Sort of."

=a cold laugh escaped her lips=

"Yes...a friend

Edited by autumn_sun

"Have any proof to back up your accusation?"

=she smirked, twirling a bit of her blonde hair around a pale finger=

"I don't believe you do. I'm not very see through, and I can pick things up. And..." =she glanced at the rising sun= "I'm not fading, am I?"

=she shook her head in mild amusment=

"If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were sent here from the Church. But you wear no collar," =she indicated Damon= "Nor do you resemble a Sister."

=pausing, she looked the two over, tilting her head=

"Your names. What are they?"

Edited by autumn_sun

"Elwen." the elf says slowly. "And /I/ am not fading, am I? I know I am dead...I gave my existence to close the Fifth Circle and preserve Divinity."

Somewhere out there is a grave for a woman whose body does not lie there. The elf maiden who stands here now, who once was Hope and still is.

"What on earth is this Fifth Circle you keep going on about? Why do you keep acting as if I should know what it is? I am only a child! Why do you adults expect so much from me!"

=she looked at the half elven, now known to her as "Elwen" in fustration, her small hands balling up into fists=

"And Divinity is merely a word, it means nothing."

[[-throws a rather violent fit because her DVD STILL hasn't come yet-]]

~ :raven: The EXTREMELY pissed off Autumn Sun

"I am an Elf, /not/ a half-elf." Elwen says in her quiet voice. "The Fifth Circle...it is complicated to explain, even though I experienced it first hand. The world I was born in and lived out my life in is a different one from your own. As the Ages of that world passed, the world moved through each of the "circles", progressively getting worse and worse every time. Finally, the Fifth Circle was a crossroads: either the world would be covered in darkness forever, or the trend would be reversed. I gave my life for the latter cause...I do not know if the gods on this world are real, but I know they are real on my world." she sighs. "For I made them real. Child, I did not intend for your feelings to be hurt. I did not expect you to know what the Fifth Circle was...not even in the end did I truly know what it meant."

OOC: Um.. i hope nobody minds, but I changed my last name to suit what I have entered myself as...

"Fading and the Fifth Circle? Hn..." The dark-haired 'boy' (19) scrathced his head in confusion. "While i may not know anything of what you may be talking about, this certainly does not alarm me in the least. i've seen the dead before, and as you two speak of fading before the sunrise, you both must be dead. Still, I must ask why you choose to linger about this particualr grave. I have come to pay my respects to those who had not yet had the opportunity to fully enjoy their lives, and two apparitions stand in my way." He looks thoughtful for a second and his maroon eyes brighten ever-so-slightly. "Oh! Please forgive me... I forgot my manners. You inquired my name and I neglected you. My name is Damon Barlett. I have never known this lady who lies in this grave as I was not to have been born yet, but I have respect for the small children who die. I just have a tendency to lose my control and become upset at times. This time, I do not wih to sound profane towards you in any manner, but would you allow me to pay my respects to my aunt?" He produces a black rose from his coat and sets it on the tombstone.

OOC: Please tell me that a grandmother's daughter is an aunt... Let me see. If my grandma had a daughter, and another daughter, and one of those daughters was my mom, then the other daughter would be her sister. The mother's sister is an aunt... right?

Elwen steps neatly out of his way, long white skirt making barely a whisper. "When parents must bury their children, it is a grave injustice." the elf sighs. "And restless spirits are earthbound for various reasons. She-" a slim finger indicates the child. "Was denied the chance to live the full life she deserved." Slender shoulders shrug beneath the white silk. "As for me, I should be content...I lived two lifetimes."

The crystal teardrop she wears glows faintly. "Some who live deserve death, and some who are dead deserve life. But no one can give it to them."

((Yes, I know this is paraphrased from TTT: so shoot me.))

{{and what's wrong with quoting LotR? n.n;}}

"She died as silently as she lived." =she said quietly, only now realising the foolishness of her previous statements. Of course she was no longer with the living, of COURSE.=

"Hardly anyone remembers her, strange for someone who never laid eyes on her to care so much."

=she shrugged, chewing on a scrap of hair, turning her attention to Elwen=

"Feelings...those are fickle things. Pointless as well. They never result in anything positive. Just a circle ending in misery. Starts with misery, ends in misery. Hardly a shard of happiness in beween."

=shrugging nonchantly she continued=

"Humans are so wrapped up in their "feelings..." they never seem to see just how damaging these "feelings" really are."

"No thank you, I have enough of a hard time dealing with who I am."

=she sighed, her head bowed slightly=

"But....what? Where you going to say more? I'm sorry if I'm intrududing..."

=her mood had drastically changed, as if she finally realised that the other two had the upper hand=

Elwen smiles, her mysterious half-smile filled with sadness. "No. Merely reflecting on who I used to be. Pay me no mind."

Shimmering over the "solid" form of the dark-haired Elf maiden is a silver-haired woman about a foot taller, with fox ears and tail, golden-eyed and dressed in gossamer robes, barely opaque in the "right" places.

=looking at the glamour [i'm at least assuming that's what it is....or...yeh...=sweatdrops=] over the elven woman's figure, she cocked an eyebrow, tilting her head up at Elwen=

"You're...leaking...."

=she said solemnly, ignoring the oddity of her statement=

"And you've got animal ears....interesting....at least I'm a bit more careful than you."

[[FWEEE! The pip type creature is thinking of starting a "game" here....weiss kreuz meets anthros meets pip's deeessuuuuurrrrrbbeeeennng brains....O_O"]]

Edited by autumn_sun

"This is one of my selves." Elwen says gently, as the image of the kitsune woman fades. "I existed as two beings in one. Both are dead. And..." she holds up a slender finger and taps her chin with it. "'Careful' doesn't have anything to do with it. It is obvious to anyone who reads my aura that I am dead. But sometimes, she wants to get out...and I let her. It isn't like this "condition" is a secret anymore."

=she snorted in mild amusement=

"Died twice, have we? My, how very interesting."

=she shook her head, playing with the light blue stone that hung around her neck=

{{agh...i know that reply sucks...my brain fell out...}}

Damon blinks, now trying to make sense of the human fox in front of him. "I can understand the... three of you being dead, but could someone please explain that to me?" He points to the kitsune with a somewhat shaky finger. "I thought you were dead... humans."

After noting that he has just 'seen it all', and finding that he wasn't quite used to the roaring excitement of a calm, demon possessed, cemetary, Damon faints.

"Oye..." =she groaned, sitting atop the empty grave, looking at the passed out boy= "If it isn't half dog things, it's random children passing out."

=she briefly wondered if poking him would do any good, and before anyone could stop her did just that= "Hey, kid, what the hell?"