The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

application

What is it Germaine, what do you want. There was a tender look in father’s eyes that morning. Germaine's impatient words seeped out of his mouth like rushing water. His father looked out nervously into the wasteland they now lived in. He turned to his son and asked what was wrong what did he want. Germaine asked his father when the rain would come again when would the trees and the grass begin to grow. His father had no answer. It had been years and Germaines father had been a boy when the earth was turned into a dessert. He remembered the lush green trees of his childhood and how when it rained he could go out and play spining and splashing. The Only thing he could offer his son where storys of a better time. A time when one could at least eat. The story help him they some how wouldn't let him forget about his childhood.He told stories of how the world once was to his small boy. The world had been baked by a nuclear war a war that few had survived. Germaine's father drifts furter back into his memeroy back to when the President of the United States, President Shrub kept pushing and pushing for wars. Germaine’s father remembered how he once could read and write about what ever he felt like. Then came the laws. They forbade anyone from writing about how wrong things where and the books that had been treasured for so long where burned in federal court yards. As the hostilities with the rest of the world grew the rights of the free faded. All things came to be as they are because of one mans inability to see past the next day. Soon there where missiles falling all over North America. The major cities where reduced to ruble and its inhabitants made to dust. Billions turned to God Or Buddha or what every other system of belief they could cling to just to for just a small bit of sanity. The time of man was waning he was fading. His world had been so destroyed that he had no will or strength to rebuild. All that he could do now was survive. Germaine pulled on his fathers arm and brought him out of the past. He looked down into his sons eyes and saw hope in a better futer. He decided that the time of man was not over so long as there where children like his that still could dream. "Father when will the world be green and fresh like it was when you where a boy, when will it rain?" His father held his son close and said “Germaine the rain will come one day and the green fields shall growyou'll see.”

WhyNotSin@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

Wyvern rushes into the Recruiter's Office in a hurry, briefly apologizing to whynotsin for his lateness and tossing a briefcase he carries onto his cluttered desk. Immediatly snatching the short piece of science fiction that whynotsin had written from the top of his stack of overflowing papers, the overgrown lizard reads over it several times and nods happily to the eager applicant to affirm it's quality. The greedy elder is about to stamp the application accepted when suddenly, he notices the applicant's name and is struck with yet another of his demented schemes. Hissing sinisterly to himself and eyeing the eager applicant evily, Wyvern clears his throat of a few ashes and then exclaims:

"Well, it's certainly a good Pen application Whynotsin... but I'd like to run a little test before accepting it."

Wyvern rubs his scaly palms together gleefully and snickers to himself as Whynotsin raises an eyebrow and responds:

"A test...?"

Wyvern nods, flashing a large grin of razor sharp teeth and hissing:

"Yessss... just a little test to see if your actions live up to your name. You must perform a series of seven tests to prove that sinning is not a big deal to you."

Wyvern takes out a list...

"First, the test of Greed... you must find the money that Orlan has skillfully stolen from me and steal it back... out of greed, of course. The second test is a test of gluttony, in which you must gather all available foods from Celes Crusador's cafe' and bring them to this office... out of gluttony, of course! The third feat to accomplish is a test of lust, in which you simply need to steal as much lingerie as possible and bring it back to this office... out of lust of course! The fourth test... did I mention I'll be keeping the rewards of this? The fourth test is a test of jealous-"

Wyvern stops reading his list momentarily as he notices a worried expression on whynotsin's face... Frowning slightly towards the applicant, the overgrown lizard is about to continue when whynotsin decides to speak up and say:

"Mr, Wyvern... I hate to say this, but I might not be up to doing all these evil chores..."

Wyvern raises a surprised brow at Whynotsin, his perverted almost-dragonic mind not able to fathom how anyone could possibly not want to steal lingerie... The overgrown lizard thinks for a long moment, not wanting to scare off the applicant yet still wanting to abuse every possible element of the new member's acceptance in his maliciousness. Finally, the lizard comes up with another demented idea, and mutters:

"Well, that's alright... it's understandable that you wouldn't want to complete tasks related to the seven sins, even though some of them would involve making people jealous. Instead, I have another task for you to accomplish... Your title labels you a 'Lost Child of the Stars"... The task I ask of you is to find the lost Hollywood stars that are your parents, accuse them of child abuse on Jerry Springer, and eventually take'em to court for all the money they've got. Of course, you'd once again share your rewards with me..."

Whynotsin sighs and shakes his head to this, responding:

"Sorry, Mr. Wyvern, but actually what I meant by the title is that I'm a lost child of the celestial stars..."

Wyvern mumbles disappointedly, discarding all hopes of taking tabloid pictures of Hollywood star parents and selling them for lots of geld. Reading over Whynotsin's story application once more, Wyvern stamps it ACCEPTED and winks in the applicant's general direction.

;p

OOC: On a more serious note, an ACCEPTED application Whynotsin, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) My apologies for the lateness in responding, I was extremely busy with midterms for the last few weeks. I'll send you some additional Pen info ASAP. Once again, welcome!

Whynotsin Ponders as he sits in the waiting room. The expericne left him a bit confused but overal he liked it. Before Wyv left Whynotsin said in his usual low voice. No prob I was meaning on catching up on these old 1980's National Geographics. After Wyv left Whynotsin picked up the issue he was reading and countinued.

I haven't had a chance to look at very many posts on Tha Pen today; but I was wondering if this imminent war was on our minds and fingertips.

I see that it is so.

Let us hope, whynotsin, that your scenario is much less than a remote possibility.

But that "President Shrub"! nice touch :lol:

Silexion

.:The Alchemist:.

Edited by Silexion