The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Mighty Pen

Alright, so I've been part of The Pen for a while now, and I have to say I couldn't be gladder to be here. I may have made similar comments before, but I simply find it amazing on how much this place feels like a 'home' if you will. One can easily feel like they have a loving family here. It isn't hard to find reassurance, care, concern anything that one needs within our virtual halls. I don't think any other site/forum on the web offers such a community. I mean, it's just incredible. Although some of our newer members may not see it yet, but we have a large group of people looking out for each other, and helping them grow as writers, as was intended. Simply look to the Banquet Hall, where everyone seems to be leaking poetry. You can't read a single thread with out finding at least a few replies of positive feedback. Or how about in the Cabaret Room. Whenever someone feels like they can't write, or they're about to 'retire' just look at how many people post to encourage and support whomever isn't feeling to up to it. I love it.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I couldn't be happier to be a part of this community... family. If nothing else, it gives me that bit of happiness to kinda push on, and go forward with things. I don't know how many other people need that, but I know it can't hurt in the least. It is a priviledge to be a Member here, and I hope I can do my best to help other people feel that way too, especially our new recruits.

One other small thing, I don't want sound like I'm getting ahead of myself or anything, but one other small thing that brings me happiness, is making other people happy. So it's kind of a good coincidence that I'm here; now all I have to do is work on replying to more posts, giving (positive) feedback, and being an all around nice-guy. It may sound stupid, but it's just one of those things. What can I say, I get all warm and gooey on the inside when I see someone smile. It's probably the only reason I can stand being in the customer service business- I get a chance to be friendly, and nice, and hopefully make people smile and have a good day. When I say 'have a nice day!' I mean it dagnabbid! Heh, anywhoo...

Gah, I hope that came out right, I was rambling a fair bit there.

On a similar note, I think I have to tip my virtual hat to a certain Elder. Although *all* of our Elders have been doing a great job since I joined, and most definitely before then, recently a certain one has shined (shone? gah.) at least in my eyes. That would be our Elder of Initiates, Wyvern. I don't think I've seen more dedication from anyone in a long, long time. (Although the rest of the Elders deserve an honorable mention, because I *know* they're working really hard too! ^.^) I don't know how many of our (new) members realise how much work he takes into reading into, considering and replying to applications, but it sure seems like a lot to me. He balances his school and other posting. Also, Wyvern keeps a keen eye on current member issues, and tries to devote some time to hanging out in #thepen chatroom whenever he can. All these traits and more I find admirable, my friend; I wish I could find better words, but that's not really my strongpoint.... yet. Cheers, and keep up the awesome work, my friend!

(I hope I don't make anyone feel left out by that ramble or anything, I in no way mean to do so- I hold everyone in the highest regards, I really do. ^.^ )

Again, it is a priviledge to be a part of the family that is The Pen. I hope others feel the same way.

Edited by The Big Pointy One

[ you didnt mention me.. ;) ]

But on a more serious note. I too would like to raise a glass to BPO's speech! I too am glad to be part of this community, and I hope, when the time comes that I have to leave for sometime, that I will be able to come back and still see the same friendly post. =) Good Job ALL!

That is an heart warming speech. Indeed the quality of this forum is overwhelming. Flaming had been heavily discourage in favor of a much more mature argumentation. Positive critisms always been favored over bitching. It is this way because we know that we all putting a piece of our heart in each poem, story character we type down in here. For me, writing here is a great way to improve my English vocabulary, especially when I'm translating my own works.

Its rare to find a place where you can shine in any tongue you wish (those of you who wants another tongue forum, don't hesitate to ask, it will be a wonderful addition to the Pen community), having people responding to either your original work or your translation and having them saying "I want to understand French better."

This community is a pearl bracelet and everyone of us is one of its pearls. :)