The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

What a pretty surprise ...

Archive Note The original post was made by someone who was not registered. As a result the parser messed up when converting. Their name and post information can be found directly below this line.

Arlequin

Visitor

(11/18/01 12:51:11 pm)

Répondre What a pretty surprise ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long times no see.

I have to apologize to Peredhil... We French have a folder. it's a real good news.

And I don't check this place since a long long times...

I have to say I was at holidays... far of my home... in Quebec :)

I'm back in my cold appartment in Paris.

Well... I will post my things here and I propose myself like second moderator.

Yiu is an amazing personn and my trust for her is big, but... I'm French speaking my French is better than my English :)

Regards and Have a good day

Arlequin et Celes!

Bonjour, mes amis.

Parce que c'est un panneau français, j'espère que vous me pardonnerez pour qu'essayer parle français... Mon ami, Babelfish, il m'aide parfois. :P

Merci, monsieur Arlequin, pour les mots amiable. Je pense que vous êtes un grand choix pour m'aider. Mon français, c'est beaucoup plus mauvais que votre anglais! Vous pouvez être mon auxiliaire.

Bien?

Bien! Au revior...

Jechum floats in…

I’m sorry but you see, I’ve just recently purchased a cottage in Germany and have been very busy moving in.

This site is open to the public but I will leave the moderating of it to Pen Members. I welcome you to submit and application in the Recruiters Office.

Thanks

Jechum floats out…

Jechum Newbie, Mage of Shadows

the Pen is Mightier than the Sword - Lore Master

Mes beaux amis!

Desparate pendant plus de temps, je me precipite dedans et vous souhaite la bienvenue!

*etreintes tous*

Espoir de I de voir beaucoup de vous ici, et AM reconnaissant pour votre patience avec langage-defie!

Elrond Peredhil, 31

Babelfish translated your thoughts in a bizarre way. I wasn't sure if I understood the whole thing thought but I've got the spirit

*hugs all* in french whould be *Je vous étreints tous dans mes bras*

In french we must have I,You, He/She etc before a verb. The only exception is the imperative (orders) example: "Allez, plus vite que ça!" which is "Come on, faster than that!" in french.

Edité(e)(s) par: Lady Celes Crusader  à: 12/4/01 12:58:06 am

Tip: Noun's gender. One of the hardest rule for a non-French user. Since it is made for esthetic sound, you should try ot prounounce it "à la française" outloud and sees it its souds right or wrong.

In a French dictionnary, the gender is always indicated before the noun as this : n.m. (masculine) or n.f. (feminine).

Before a masculine noun, you should place Le, Son, Ce, Un.

Example: Le chat, Son coussin, Ce pistolet, Un arbre

Before a feminine noun, its La, Sa, Cette, Une.

Example: La chaise, Sa couverture, Cette fontaine, Une histoire

At the beginning, you might want to keep you dictionnary nearby, but I strongly suggest to try to pronounce them outloud (even if it looks silly) in order to get use of the sounds. Non-French speakers always said that French sounds nice and this is one of the reasons.

Try to pronouce these words with Un or Une.

cheval

pomme

civière

hôtel

armoire

blason

édredon

oie

draps

solitude

There you go. Another tip is to listen to French music (with lyrics at first hand) and movies (with French subtitles). This will help to be accustomed with the sound.

*The French Lady pops in and jumps in the Frenchman's arms*

- Arlou!!! Ça fait un bail que tu n'aie pas visité le Pen.

*She smiles at Arlou and leans forward*

- Libre à toi de devenir membre ou pas mais si tu veux, tu n'a qu'à aller appliquer. Par contre, rien ne t'empêche de contribuer au Manoir des langues comme tu le fait en ce moment.

*She steps back and pops out of the scene*

Orooooo ...

Yeah Yeah ... I should perhaps applying for being an initiat like you...

but I'm really busy and ... I have even said to celles that I won't discuss to her as before... I'm too busy and she has surely a lot of thing to do.

De toute maniere, c'est un réel plaisir que de te revoir :)

*Celes s'ammène à nouveau devant le Français et pointe à Arlequin son nouveau titre*

- Regarde, tu est un Invité d'Honneur. Ce qui veut dire que tu est plus qu'un simple visiteur. Tu est de ceux qui contribuent au Pen sans y être membre. Moi j'ai appliqué parce que Jechum m'a dise que la modération devais être faite par les membres et il fallait que j'applique pour pouvoir continuer à traduir tes œuvres et les miennes.

*Elle sourit et se rappelle de quelquechose*

- Merci d'avoir fourni une version anglaise de ta dernière œuvre parce que je me serais arrachée les cheveux de la tête pour traduire tout ça.

ara ara il n'y a pas de qoi :)

mais au fait en parlant de traduction... elle est bien ? la traduction je veux dire.

Tu sais je suis pas très balaise en anglais... mais je voulais traduire moi-même pour garder l'esprit :)

ara ara .. Invité d'honneur.. hehe c'est cool :)