The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I would love that the French Bards are recognized...

Archive Note The original post was made by someone who was not registered. As a result the parser messed up when converting. Their name and post information can be found directly below this line.

Arlequin

Visitor

(10/20/01 3:34:06 am)

Répondre I would love that the French Bards are recognized...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings bards of Terra,

Today I saw a rainbow and the rains tell me one interesting thing...

"PEN is the reference......................."

What means these words... I'm searching by the spirit and the body, in the material and unmaterial worlds.

Finally I got it !

PEN is there and I'm there to see his existance... Mens of Terra, Bards of Terra... Which Terra ?

I lived since several months and years in a World without Light, whithout Colours, whitout Destiny and Charm.

I wrote some poems, stories in a foreign language... just my language, my love, my reason to live ... Ma Poésie !

...French French French...

My name is Arlequin (aka KallaK aka Paris aka Chocobo), I'm an Immortal of Terra and I fight with Love among several guilds :

Les Maîtres Glandouilleurs (Terra One), Ålamut Åssassins and The French Miagik.

Now my sake is shared with The Roglandians Alliance (A1) and Calculus for the Masses! (S1).

Some of you know me not for the good reasons... Lady Madoka, Iuz, Orlan ...

Some others for better reasons like Rydia/MintaRose, Jakob, Valdar.

Now my question is simple : The French Bards of Terra can be recogized by the famous Bard Clan of Terras ?

Let me then drive you to the Wonderful Citadel of the TFM guild...

tfm.cyberquebec.com/

There, you will find the Book of Kaneda (in the Kaneda's room)... Just a little visit and I promize to you that you won't hate it.

tfm.cyberquebec.com/Chapitre/index.html

Very well... don't forget all of this has a copyright

Have fun

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archive Note The original post was made by someone who was not registered. As a result the parser messed up when converting.

Guest Minta Rose

I was rather stunned when Arlequin asked me on IRC if his untranslated stories could be submitted to the Pen. In my baffled state, I sent him here.

It's a beautiful site, very artistic--do remember to give it time to load though--I thought for a short while that my browser went blank. Edited by: Minta Rose at: 10/20/01 4:55:59 am

*lol*

Exactly... don't be stunned... it's only me Arlequin the French.

And as everybody know... the French people is famous to be late

*Arlequin smiles warmly*

You are all right m'lady, there are something poetic in this place...

Caused of the colors or the background ? I don't know... anyway the cause are useless when the result is amazing.

Arlequin,

Certainly, the French bards shall be recognised. Thank you for very much for posting the link to your stories. We highly appreciate it, and will add them to our 'List of Usefull Links' immediatly.

Il y'a beaucoup de persons qui parle francais dans Archmage, n'est-ce pas?

Wyv-

Qui va lire tout les histoires de Arlequin dans leur langes originales...

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is like one big crime: I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 10/20/01 11:05:53 am

Peredhil, Elder of Lists, reserves the right to accept or deny all link proposals submitted.

Well, you lost me at the start, I had no clue what links were what. I don't understand French at all.

However, the art is beautiful and I'll trust that Greedy Elder Wyvern on this one.

I know he's mostly put up with me crashing his Recruitment threads a few times.

Although I HIGHLY recommend leaving acceptence or denial of all Initiates to the Elder Wyvern. It's just safer that way.

Nods pointedly at Falcon, as he absently rubs scars of old reptilian bites.

Welcome to the Pen is Mightier than the Sword Site our most esteemed French Cousin.

I hope you'll feel free to return - just don't forget to leave all Archmage Politics at the door.

Respecfully,

Elrond Peredhil, 31

Bard of Terra

Elder of Lists and Manners, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

I'm Kaneda, Berserker Bard of TFM.

I'm the creator of the Citadelle of TFM'.

I'm the author to the Tales and Legends of TFM.

I wish to thank you for your comment on my work.

If I can find the needed time, I will create an english version of my site.

But, as my english skill aren't so good, I will need

a lot of time to translate

all the stories. ^_^;

I could also try and help, though currently I'm fairly busy...

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is like one big crime: I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Yaahh... Ohayo gazaimasu

Greetings Signe, how are ya ? fine I hope (anyway fine is the only answer possible)

If you arn't fine, let me then offer to you a drink or send to you some texts to translate. Don't know what is your real pleasure... be drunk and nicely a bard.

*lol*

Greaaaaaattt... Kaneda-sama I am happy to see you there.

""Bard loves Warmly Colors, Warmly Colors for Poetic Texts.""

Regards

I'm very glad you like our site, Arlequin. I must say, after reading only yours and Kaneda's posts here, I regret not being able to speak or read French. However, I just had an idea! Anyone who would need an English translation of your works, do an internet search on 'babelfish'. I forget who has the program, but it's someone fairly major, and it can translate French text to English, if I remember correctly. A word of warning though, it's a far cry from perfect translation. Bablefish is probably 80% accurate, I'd guess. But I think it would convey the important ideas. I hope that helps!

I would fully support foreign language rooms here, if and when a Full Member requests it and is willing to moderate it.

I see that Peredhil has already add the TFM links to our site list.

Edited by: Jechum at: 10/21/01 11:52:07 pm

I must say that Kaneda's site is a wonderful gift he made for the enjoyement of not only TFM's mages but to anyone (who's able to decipher French).

We couldn't wait for the next chapters in his book and each time he announces that he adds a chapter, we rush to read it.

As for the Citadel itself, its like one of those "Books where you're the Hero".

I'm pretty sure that we could translate our texts in a foreign language like english...

But my dear and honorable Ozymandias the Elder, I disagreed with you entirely.

We, french people, translate and understand english with a rate of 80%

Bablefish .... hmm... I guess it's around 40%

Anyway... I will post my texts soon here... in french. The english version is for later... Loralon didn't save his translation, then I'm looking for a new french into english translator.

The shadows coalesce into a vague, familiar form and whisper echoing words. "Bonjour, mes amis, mes freres (et seurs) des mots... Je pense que tout les langues sont ... ehm... belle(?)..."

A moment's silence, then the form shifts slightly, as if changing directions. "I encourage a folder for different languages, and will volunteer to moderate any folder so created until a native to that language is deemed a voting member. To me, no matter the tongue, all literature should have a place in the Pen. If the Elders agree, then I will be the sponsor..."

And before more can be said, the shadow-form fades on a whispered, "Pardonne... I'll return for the decision..." Edited by: Yui Temae at: 10/23/01 11:19:56 am

• 3 weeks later...

*Bel waves to Wyvern and grins widely*

"I finally made it....... "

Now, about this french forum, what an excellent idea! I wouldn't mind posting a few stories in french(although my grammar is TERRIBLE). Then again, I first have to find the time to write a few stories in english so I better hold off for the time being. I love the concept though!