The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Revenge Is A Dish That Is Best Served Cold

Archive

gwaihir1

Poet

(12/21/01 7:25:19 am)

Reply Revenge is a dish that is best served Cold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This piece gets more interesting every episode. :)

I really like the girl getting disarmed, but pulling out a new one in perfect timing.

Glad to see you here again!

peredhil31

Elder of Lists and Manners

(12/21/01 8:04:59 am)

ezSupporter

bravo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I foresaw the disarming and smiled in anticipation. (I just love writing I can 'see' like a movie in my head.)

But you surprised me with the second dagger. You have NO idea how much I appreciate that.

Keep 'em coming!

-P

Signe Green

Page

(12/25/01 10:36:21 am)

Reply Re: bravo

now there's a girl with some anger to deal with! I think she and her brother got their names switched somehow. ;o)

Signe's Homepage

peredhil31

(12/25/01 11:38:31 am)

ezSupporter

Danger Will Robinson!

You're characters are sucking me in the way Eddings did when I first read the Bellariad.

I really hope you find the time and will to continue this!

I hate Readus Interruptus! I remember the first time I read Ender's Game, I liked Ender so much and didn't want to leave him, I reread it the same night...

Peredhil reads that and realizes he's revealed some of his best and oldest friends are book characters.

Umm, I'm not THAT strange... really!

-P

Gyrfalcon25

Bard

(12/25/01 11:40:57 pm)

Reply Re: Danger Will Robinson!

*Gyr chuckles* Nah... though I always loved my Narnia series... or at least parts of it. ^_^

I agree though, I love this story already Balladore, please continue it. =)

Balladore

Page

(12/30/01 10:08:38 pm)

Reply Most Recent Episode

If you would like to accompany our poor Druid on his quest, please state your reply here, your character's description, and I'll work you in. If not, I'll conjure up some characters :-)

Tata,

Balladore

Edited by: Balladore at: 1/7/02 6:31:43 pm

Bhurin

Initiate

(12/31/01 12:16:15 am)

Reply Re: Revenge is a dish that is best served Cold

I am really enjoying this story thus far, Ballador.

It moves very quickly (not normally something I respond to), but the quickened pace of your words reflects the atmosphere, and hence is enjoyed.

I like the names of your characters and places thus far (just something I take note of).

peredhil31

(12/31/01 7:29:53 am)

ezSupporter

invitation to join

Wish I had more time! The Pen needs more RP threads, and your willingness to open this one up to the group does you great credit.

I know I'm busy, but...

Looks around encouragingly at the others.

-P

Gyrfalcon25

Bard

(1/3/02 11:18:07 pm)

Reply Re: invitation to join

Ummm... I'm commited to quite a few, but I can always try if you really, really, really need someone.

Whoo... mixed up which story this was for. Well, as you wish, I could always join, though I think I might end up fighting yer 'Rangers'... I'm still horrified that my professional name goes to a bunch of blood-thirsty assassins.

Edited by: Gyrfalcon25 at: 1/3/02 11:21:25 pm

Balladore

Page

(1/4/02 10:16:22 pm)

Reply Re: invitation to join

*Clears his throat at the final comment, but realizes that anyone who wishes to join is welcome, and everyone has their own opinion*

As you please, Lord Gyrfalcon.

Balladore

Page

(1/5/02 10:41:11 pm)

Reply Yippeeeeeee!

Somebody joined! If anyone else wants to, I'm going to leave it open until wednesday... I think I should get a party of at least three, so if no one else wants to, I'll conjure someone up... but roleplaying with only 2 people is definately no fun!

Signe Green

Page

(1/6/02 12:23:01 am)

Reply Re: Yippeeeeeee!

I would like to at least donate a characterif you need one, though I can't seem to live up to the writing commitments I have already.

Signe's Homepage

Justin Silverblade

Initiate

(1/9/02 5:12:46 pm)

Reply Re: Yippeeeeeee!

Balladore! It's a great story, I'm lovin' it!

Anyway's. If I may, I'm going to play Silverblade. He's supposed to be a semi-funny character who hasn't 'anything special' about him. He's just an adventurous fighter who gets by solely on his luck of the fates and his passion (though not always skill ) with his short sword.

When in doubt for his char. desc. just think of him as a 'wanna-be' knight.

I'll try and write details about him into my posts, but if you have questions, just ask.

A good job. I'm pumped.

Bhurin

Initiate

(1/9/02 6:26:54 pm)

Balladore.

I hope you didn't mind me jumping in on the stpry there without notice, but I thought as long as the opportunity was presenting itself I might as well jump on it.

On a side note, I've never done one of these threads before, so bear with me please.

For the only players (Damienn, Gyrfalcon, and Justin) there isn't a lot of difficulty to writing for Bhurin. He's normally confident but very calm. He has the voice of a diplomat (almost soothing). On the battle field he uses a massive blade (two handed) and normally uses his appearance to off set his opponents (which, on a side note, I should mention that Bhurin is not an angel, nor does he have divine origins. He is just part of a mortal [though long lived] race of people with wings.) Bhurin also knows some magic, though by no means powerful or extremely effective.

Finally, I just wanted to ask if Damienn would flesh out his character somewhat (more along the lines of his class or mannerisms. I don't want to write him ineffectively )

Righty then, let's have some fun...

Signed-

Foe Calibur

Page

(1/11/02 6:01:18 pm)

I, like Bhurin, appologize for jumping in. I couldn't help but join after reading the beginning. And more important still, I appologize for dictating a portion of your story in joining.

Balladore

Page

(1/12/02 2:59:59 pm)

Goodness! I hadn't known this thread was still functioning, and therefore apologize for not replying for so long.

All of you, stop apologizing. It's exactly what I wanted. And Foe, I'm glad you jumped in.

Once again, I'm sorry for not replying in due time.

This is going to be fun!

-Balladore

Ozymandias the Elder

The Founder

(3/30/02 11:43:32 pm)

THIS THREAD IS NOT DEAD YET!!! Such an absolutely AMAZING piece has NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO DIE!!!

May I join? If not, what's the price for keeping you lot going??? I'll pay!!!!!

Balladore

Quill-Bearer

(3/31/02 8:31:10 pm)

Oh my... I had thought that it was over and done with because of my absence... and then nobody posted for a while after I came back, so I figured... well... I don't know, you may certainly join, Ozymandias, if you can find a way to work it into the story where we are at... if it's alright with the rest of the players, of course... They are the ones you should ask, not me...

Waits to see the players' reactions

Justin Silverblade

Page

(3/31/02 9:12:45 pm)

Well,

With the small application fee,

The shouting fee,

That hostile demanding fee,

Although you do have the Ozy factor reduction....

I suppose we could squeeze ya in for $19.52 a month.

The alternative of getting it going on it's own though... that'll really cost ya.

~Seriously it'd be great to have you. I'll have to re-read and get up to par with the thing.~

Ozymandias the Elder

The Founder

(4/1/02 6:19:46 am)

Yess! Wyvern owes me some money, I'll just have him pay you, okay? Great!

Oz rushes off to write his first piece.

Edited by: Ozymandias the Elder at: 4/1/02 6:57:03 pm

Ozymandias the Elder

The Founder

(4/1/02 6:55:40 pm)

I'll enter as Ozymandias, my normal persona, who admittedly, is a great deal me, but with one part Rameses II and depressed ex-necromancer thrown in (though only for stories or fun post flavor). His origins begin in ancient Egypt, somewhat. He is Rameses II except that A) He won his battles and shored up his power through reckless necromancy and B) Ticked off Anubis, who chased him down to do only-he-knows what until Mr. Satan (of Archmage pantheon fame) save dhim with an open portal to Terra (he saw a good pawn and took him essentially), where he found the mage wars. He went at the mage wars until he was beaten nearly into oblivion, saw himself as worhtless, and started to drink to forget. Finally,

decades later, he began to make true friends, and they helped turn him around. For the most part. He is still very angry at himself and somewhat hotheaded as a result of all this, but usually very calm and collected. Also as a direct result of his alcoholism and subsequent recovery, he is fiercely loyal to all his friends, has a very wry sense of humor, and has become a great master of Illusion magic. He also has a (healthy) taste for good brandy and can wield a sword to some good effect. Oddest quirk: No one has seen him change clothes, ever except for the fallen angel costume he donned for filming Gyrfalcon: The Movie. He is always wearing the same (or identical, no-one has ever delved that far) blue robe and cow leather sandals as well as his sword. He has a very basic view of morality (not quite black and white, but definite 'lawful' leanings out of a 'chaotic' view- he views evil as easily being used for good: well-placed lies, well-placed kills, etc.) Oz is at his least cautious when his home or his friends are threatened.

And unless you want more specifics, I'll just leave it at he's been tagging along this entire time, and will 'pop up' when he feels the need great.

This will be fun.

Balladore

Quill-Bearer

(4/3/02 9:40:47 pm)

As you wish, m'lord Ozymandias... now if we can just galvanize the original players into action...

Wonders if this will get off the ground again...

Gyrfalcon25

Bard

(4/3/02 10:59:20 pm)

Currently, it looks like you would be writing the next section, since most people can't contribute much more then

"Balladore points at Jheric "Your vote?" he asks.

Jheric considered this, and felt the first bubbling of excitement... a chance to use his magic for a purpose... and *anything* is better then going through that gods-cursed forest again..."

"Fight." He said, voice quavering only a little in excitement and a little fear."

Coincidentally, that's Jheric's view, and feel free to use it. ^_^