The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Lurker

Mistral

Viewer

(8/16/02 5:26:45 pm)

Reply The Lurker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the door, she stands afraid

Restless fingers toying braid

Takes a breath, then knocks on door

Frightened eyes stray to the floor

Half-regret assaults her now

Perspiration forms on brow

Shaking with a touch of dread

Stomach moans for piece of bread

Hunger, panic drone in ears

Seconds stretch to painful years

No response? Her heart sinks fast

Wond'ring if she'll come in last

With a sigh, she looks away

Strives to keep self-doubt at bay

Would the Wyvern let her in?

Failure would be heinous sin

Pressure sinks in, breaks her will

Fingers drum on window sill

Moments pass; still no reply

Time to say adieu and bye

Clenching fist, she checks her tears

Getting ready for the jeers

Runs down corridor with haste

No more time can she now waste...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW POST

Archive Note The original post was made by someone who was not registered. As a result the parser messed up when converting. Their post appears above, followed by the next available post here:

reverie

Initiate

(8/16/02 6:30:08 pm)

Reply Re: The Lurker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pretty...

rev...

As Mistral runs down the hall away from Wyvern's office, desperatly trying to restrain the tears slowly building in her eyes, the overgrown lizard awakens from his deep and intricate slumber... The greedy Elder was lazily lying back in his office chair with his feet propped up on his desk, a copy of the latest "Vanity Fair Womens Lingerie Catalogue" covering his face to keep out the annoying sunlight coming from a nearby office window. Tossing the catalogue to the side while stretching and yawning to himself, Wyvern grins at the thought of his day dream where he had reached the summit of an enormous mountain of geld... and promptly frowns as he recollects that after he had reached the top of the mountain, it had collapsed under his weight...

Wyvern's thoughts are quickly diverted from his day dream, however, as he suddenly realizes what it was that had awakened him. Mistral's knocking on the office door had failed to wake him from his sleep, but the distant chiming of the lunch break bell had immediatly brought him to his senses.

Quickly jumping out of his seat and rushing out of the office door, Wyvern dashes to the bar of the Pen as fast as he can, afraid that he might be late for lunch and miss out on todays specials. Sprinting down the hall, he passes Mistral who happens to be running in the same direction.... Upon seeing Wyvern, the applicants eyes widen and she immediatly chases after him, wipping out her application as her hopes of being accepted are rejuvenated...

Eventually, both Wyvern and Mistral arrive at the bar, where only one of the lunch specials remains. Rushing to the counter, the overgrown lizard immediatly grabs it and lets out a triumphant laugh, swiftly discarding the container labeled "N.R.A special" and devouring the majority of its contents. Suddenly noticing Mistral standing speechless next to him holding an application, Wyvern turns to her and raises a brow.

"Excuse me, Mr. Wyvern..." manages Mistral nervously, her left foot fidgeting on the ground "... I was wondering if you'd like to look over my application poe-"

Before she has time to finish, Wyvern snatches her poem and looks over it carefully while using a toothpick to dislodge a piece of a khaki uniform that had become stuck between his teeth from the lunch special. Smiling to himself and taking out a stamp from the right pocket of his tunic, Wyvern marks the poem 'ACCEPTED' and hands it back to a delighted Mistral.

"Good poem..." grumbles Wyvern, taking a sip of brew from his Endless Decanter to wash down the contents of the lunch special. "Would you care for a piece of this 'N.R.A lunch special'? It's made with 100% natural N.R.A members, courtesy of werefoxes everywhere..."

At the mentioning of sandwichs made from N.R.A members, Mistral is surprised to find that her stomach no longer aches for bread...

OOC: On a more serious note Mistral, a very nice poem and an 'ACCEPTED' application. Welcome to the Pen! Sorry for the long delay in getting around to responding, Summer has been keeping me quite busy. Note that you should create an EZboard account (a link to this can be found in our List of Usefull Links) and post an e-mail address where I can contact you to give you the passwords and stuff... Once again, welcome!

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 8/23/02 3:04:40 pm

Guest foxglove4543

Hi Wyvern,

Thanks very much for your indulgence! I hadn't quite expected you to accept that naughty application *cheeks flushing with embarassment*

Hmmm, my previous ID seems to have been sooo popular at EZBoard, it's been taken So, I'm switching to this ID instead

My email address is acolsnobe@yahoo.com and I look forward to hearing from you.