The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Shiny

Guest Valdar and Astralis

So, just what IS a shiny?

The day birds chirped their final good-nights as the last rays of the sun vanished behind the picturesque mountains surrounding the pen keep. The night birds were not quite out in force yet, and for that, Valdar was thankful. No reason to be laughed at by some smart-talking crow. Or ruddy vampire bat.

The reason for this concern would have been immidetly apparent to anyone who beheld him. Of course, anyone who beheld Valdar just then would also be at risk of forfeiting his life.

He scrowled at the merrily lit keep and flicked his ears irritateably before stamping back towards the castle, trailing green goop.

***ooc notes***

No participation till the next post please,this is mereley a prologue. This may end up. . .well, convulated-or die in it's tracks. My postage over the last year have been sporadic, to say the least, and my new year's resolution was to post more RP stories . I decided to do a free-for-all RP to practise on, rather than chatter to myself for days on end trying to make selfmade plots meet.

The roaring was getting on his nerves, Astralis decided. Why Valdar would wish to keep that giant. . .plant, only that crazy elf knew. He was more worried about his latest experiment. Which had escaped, as usual.

He walked to the giant vaulve in the control room adjoining his own laboratary, and twisted it four times to the left, releasing a giant flood of water into the Shinyvault Valdar insisted on keeping. The roaring plant stopped, tempolarily sated.

The giant plant returned to it's picking up and polishing of Valdar's shinies, discontented rumblings still comming out of it's great depths. Astralis returned to his laboratry to continue his search. How had he allowed that crazy necromancer to talk him into this?

The unholy shiny, of course, cared nothing of Astralis's hunt, as it had already burned a hole through the double walls of the containment chamber.

***ooc notes***

Best I could do today. . .carry on and post. I dont really have much of a plot for this, so feel free to invent.

If anyone has any questions, or if something is unclear, please email me at valdarsh@hotmail.com, or send me a PM in irc.

-Edit- Even better, if you have a query, just dump it in the ooc room and remind me on irc. I'm feeling. . .vauge this morning.

Guest Kokuryuu Flameshifter

OOC:

I must ask, since I'm relatively knew and I don't know many people, so as I said I must ask who Valdar and Astralis are? I'd love to join this considering my scales are "shiny" and it would be something to do!

OOC: I always assumed shinies were random shiny objects... but maybe I'm wrong...

IC:

Prospero was happy.

Prospero was bouncy.

Prospero was trying to catch up with Valdar.

The wolf had been tracking the gooey green pond creature for a large portion of the day. It only came out of it pond once a year and Prospero had been keenly awaiting this for a month because the creature unhappily possesed some of the tastiest flesh on record once you broke through it's slime.

Upon reaching it's goal (which was to find a new pond in which to live for the year) the harrassed monster had charged in.

...or at least attempted to.

A second wolf managed to utterly spoil the poor monster's day by emerging from the pond at the exact moment it had been trying to enter.

The pond monster reared back in unhappy surprise and consequently got bitten by Prospero. In fury, it spewed forth a jet or mildly sweet and salty green slime at the wolf blocking its path.

Valdar looked himself over in humilliated shock, looked up at the monster and took flight. Prospero took advantage of the delay and came round infront of the pond creature to further eat it before its final departure.

Now, some twenty minutes later and with a second luxurious bite of pond creature within him, Prospero barking distance of the wolf covered in sweet and salty slime.

Prospero licked his muzzle in anticipation.