The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Staff of Wealth

ooc:I have done this on the Archmage fourm once,but it fail mesribly so I will try again....

IC:

In years long past the anicent people made a great tool,They created the Staff of Welth. For many ages people have searched for this tool to gain great welth and riches,but remember wealth has many meanings.....

The sun peaked its gloden rays over the towers of Lindson castel in the grand courtyard a man in red armor with a long flowing red cape stood amiring the sence. His hair was long shoulder length,but it had an unussal aspect. It ws metalic silver.A royal servant walked up to the man,

"Master Vincent,the king wishes to see you...follow me" Vincent nooded in replyand began following the servant through the large wooden gate into the Lindson castel.

The servant lead Vincent down the highly decorted halls the throne room. The king sat at his throne,he singaled for the servant to leave and for Vincent to listen.

"First Royal Knight Vincent Silver"

"Yes my lord how may I help you?"

"I have heard rummors of a 'Staff of Wealth',this intrest me I have decided that you will lead a quest to find it for me,I have asembled a large group of adventures to join you they should arive in the courtyard soon. Now go meet them and complete this quest in the name of your king" Vincent bowed and left the throne room back out intop the court yard. There a servant had put his equipment...now all he had to do is wait...

The moogle-mage known as Popku took his travelling pack off his small shoulders and set it down in the courtyard for a minute. He liked the sound of a staff that could bring someone riches- there was nothing wrong with being rich. He looked around to see many other eager faces, and wondered if perhaps he'd see his old friend Wyvern, whom he knew couldn't resist such a chance if he knew about it.

OOC: Ok, so maybe that's a blatant invite, but I think it'd be good to see another story going, and the more people involved, the merrier ^.^

Guest Adelaide Erindale

Adelaide watched from the shadows...

Fools, she thought, The Staff of Wealth is mine and mine alone; If I cannot have it, neither shall they! I've searched too long for some King to decide it's his.

And with that, Adelaide disappeared yet again into the shadows; she swiftly ran along the wall where she wouldn't be seen and out of the castle. Soon, my questers... soon.

Edited by: Adelaide Erindale at: 5/21/02 1:38:15 pm

Guest Minta Rose

Tzimfemme crouched on one of the battlements, overlooking the courtyard, and tallied up the heads wanting to find a "Staff of Wealth". There were quite a few. "Wonder how many of 'em would give it up once they got their paws on it," she thought. . .then quirked a grin, "because I don't know if I would. Would I?" She propped her chin on the back of one hand and considered, but didn't reach a conclusion.

"Now, I'm curious," she told the nearby gargoyle, before taking the swift way down, jumping off the battlement and into a nearby pear tree. Several branches later, she landed lightly upon the ground, unstrapped her flail from its peculiar over-the-shoulder bandolier, took a practice twirl, and dropped the clipped pear into the hands of the nearest bystander. "King's property. Wouldn't eat that if I were you," advised Tzimfemme in passing, cutting a swath of cleared space through the crowd with flail and nekkidness.

• 2 weeks later...

ooc:Sorry about not replying Kinda busy with school but now it's SUMMER *yay*\

Vincent looked over the long line of people looking to quest when he noticed a large moving through the crowd.

"What the hell?" Just then a female with a fail jumped in front of Vincent suprising him.

"Hi,the name's Tzimfemme. I think you quest is kinda intresting,can I join?"

Vincent's first reaction was to scream *HEY GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE!* but he thought better of considering this person just cut through a large crowd of warriors,so instead he said:"Welcome aboard!"

Guest Kasmandre

Kasmandre looked over the heads of the warriors lined up in front of him. At this rate, whoever was leading this quest would have more than enough applicants by the time it got to him. And it wouldn't help that it seemed people who cut in line were just being allowed right in. And he had really needed some fresh air and excitement...

And then inspiration struck. Kasmandre called over a nearby youth and whispered a few words to him. Instantly, the child began to cry. And not just a trickle of tears, this kid was all-out bawling. Kasmandre took the child's hand and began to shoulder his way through the line yelling, "Lost child!! Lost child here!!! Has anyone seen this kid's mother?? Lost child!! Excuse me, coming through, lost child!! Sorry, gotta help 'im find his mother!! Lost child!!"

Before too long, Kasmandre was at the head of the line beside Vincent and Tzimfemme. He knelt down next to the child and said, "Thanks, kid, here's your silver. By the way, you ever considered becoming a bard? That's quite a set of lungs you got there." Then he handed the boy a few pieces of silver and sent him on his way.

Then he turned to Vincent and Tzimfemme, traced a quick bow and said, "My name's Kasmandre, who do I have the honor of meeting?"

Rahsash ran out the door, tripping over her ink stained skirts and doing a few summersaults in which deposited her at Vincent's feet. She grinned cheekily up at him, then stood.

"I would be delighted to join, would anyone happen to have a pen?" Everyone eyes her apprehensively, and her friend Katiya is soothing a few giving her an overly unwelcome look. No one seemed to want their white quills in the ink-stained, dusty, and slightly paint-stained hand. Only minimally crestfallen, she put her fingerprints on the line then ran off, shouting at a large lizard shape.

"Wyv! Wyv! Do you know where my book is?"

Vincent shook his head. Rahsash was normaly very level, even too serious on occasion. But when her precious books were missing, chaos would always prevail.

• 3 weeks later...

Somewhere else in the courtyard, a large red-haired man appeared seemingly out of nowhere. He had been taking careful note of the day's events, from the throne room to the courtyard. He was very interested. A staff that could give a man un-dreamable riches. It would be like being able to have a dragon's treasure, without having to go through the nasty unpleasantries of slaying a dragon. The Darkstorm grinned, wrapping himself up in his thin grey cloak, and disappearing just as suddenly as he appeared.

~

Popku floated to the ground and took a look around. People were starting to leave, and all those who were accepted to go on the quest were getting ready. There was a slight itching in the back of his mind, as if something were out of place, but he quickly dismissed it. He spun his trusty revolver around on his finger a few times and slid back within the hidden confines of his travel cloak. He hoped this was going to be a fun trip...

OOC: Eh, I'd hate to see a story go down the chute... perhaps we can try getting it going, no?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Thomas the Lost

VincentSilver posted,

ooc; I"M BACK!!!!

Ic: Vincent looked at the group of adventures,"Well we have more then enough people to start this quest,but we need to do one thing before we leave.......TO THE TARVEN!" Vincent lead the group of adventures to the oldest tarven "Ye old Drunk House"

Thomas the Lost posted,

Dunston, a kind-hearted yet unintelligent bear of a man, sat at the bar dual-wielding two large tankards of Guinness, and singing the songs of a jolly drunk, or so he thought. It actually happened to be that most of the bar patrons were becoming severely annoyed with his generally stupid dimeanor. But, of course, oblivious to the world around him, Dunston continues to drink merrily. Little does he know, a man is slowly creeping up behind him with a chair above his head. At the last moment, Dunston turned and grabbed the chair leg just before it hit him. "Whoa friend! Please be careful." he commented bluntly, not quite realizing what was happening, then turned around to see the surface of the bar rushing rapidly at his face. "Owie!!!!" he growled in pain, "That really hurt!" With that six men tackled him, picked him up, and threw him into a group of quest-ready adventurers just as they walked in the door. Sprawled on the cold paving stones outside the tavern, Dunston sat up and looked around to see several angry face staring at him. He figured he'd be polite and introduce himself, "Hullo! I'm Dunston!"

Guest Kasmandre

No sooner did Kasmandre step through the door of the local tavern than a man (named Dunston, apparently) was literally flung into his arms. Not exactly prepared for such a surprise, Kasmandre dropped Dunston onto the ground where he introduced himself.

Silghtly embarassed at having dropped the obviously well meaning drunk, Kasmandre offered a hand to the fallen man.

"Hello Dunston, I'm Kasmandre. And these are Vincent, Tzimfemme, Rahsash, and Popku." Gesturing to each in turn. "Now that we've all been introduced, let's go inside. I could use a little drink and a game of cards before we set off. If there's time, of course. If not, I'll just settle for a larger drink."

Popku grinned a grin that was akin to those of his friends'. Cards was definitely one thing he was good at, mind tricks or no. As a general rule, he stayed away from alcohols, so he just floated over to a seedy looking table. The patrons of said table laughed raucously at his appearance, but quickly silenced as the three-foot tall cute furry thing dropped a heavy bag of gold on the table.

"Ante up!"