The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Aquarellum Tremens

A lonely old man walks in the blank landscape, carrying a case with him. His tired eyes stares the neverending horizon and decides that he should left a legacy of his imagination. He puts his case down and opens the lid, revealing aquarelle paint tubes, brushes, palettes, on which he'll mix his color, and a bottle of water. Then he mixes his color, dips his brushes and let his imagination flows.

He paints rich green grass with flowers of all shapes and colors on the floor. Then blue sky, round and yellow sun and fluffy clouds appeared on the tips of his brush, coloring the otherwise boring heights. Trees sprout from the ground while majestuous montains breaks the plane horizon. Birds, rabbits, butterflies, cats, dogs, raccons and several more animal species are born from his heart.

The elderly artist stops and contemplate the more lively but still aquarelle paints. He sats on the floor and looks at his creation. The animals looks eternally frozen, the sun, cold and the whole decor looks like an immobile mockery of life. This is what he wants to recall of life, a life denied to him so long ago. He lays his back on the ground and fells asleep.

Between two of the trees, a square window opens and the eyes of a woman can be seen. She gazes in awe before the aquarelle she sees. She looks down on her watch and sees that the old man is still alive. She closes the trap window and moves toward the next enclosed cell as an nurse in an asylum.

I don't think its necessary to detailed that old man much since its a distorted photo of a situation rather than about the old man himself. I wanted to leave an impression rather than detailling about the whole thing. I wont detailed more because I don't want to sound pretentious or infatuated by my own work.

Thanks for your comments guys