The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

hmm...

reverie

Anyone read Robert Frost...

Someone pointed out to me, that one of poems (dark rainy night) reminded them of frost... So just picked up a book of his poems... To see for myself...

Oh i've heard of him before; i mean who hasn't had that 'good neighbors make good fences' poem shoved down their throat in grade school... Anyway once the stigma of school was removed (plus a few years of growth) i find that, i really like his work... Not sure what other stuff he's really known for, 'cause i just reading all his stuff chronolocally... Yep, yep, he's going to the top of the list for right now, sorry Poe, sorry D. Thomas... you've been bumped down a notch...

Anyways, in looking at his handywork in poems like

"to a thawing wind"

or "revelation"

or "flowering gathering"

or "tuft of flowers"

I recognize similar things that i try to do(or atleast would looove to do), but as meager sparks when compared to blazing phoenix flames of his work... Kinda gives me something to shoot for, say in like 50 years!!!

Anyway's i think, i've found a mentor or sorts to learn from... too bad he's dead, oh well, but most known poets are anyways, so it's not so bad i guess... Okay, just sort of glad to have found some artistic direction and wanted to share

revery

the dreamlost

"if nothing else, you'll learn patience or go nuts; which ever comes first." (me, on the military)

the dream continues...

p.s... In editing this, I just noticed i'm at 111 posts... Alright i get to make a wish... hmm, what to wish for... so many things, oh sweet vanity thy name is revery...

Um, anyway, i choose to go against convention, not to wish for anything as lofty as world peace... (because i like mars, just how he is- see peers anthony) Or more wishes, or something so impure as an island full of lovely sirens, the likes of which to rival tenchi or that guy from nadesco (see anime) cause you gotta sleep sometime, ya know...

Anyways, back to the wish thing... I wish to lay to rest all my past regrets, which haunt my soul... that's all

take care all...

Which Colossal Death Robot Are You?Edited by: reverie  at: 7/6/02 8:03:02 pm

Guest Xradion

Robert Frost is awesome. "Out Out..." and "The Road Less Traveled" are cool, even though they have become cliché. Of course, Road Less Traveled is usually mis-represented as being super optimistic rather than the nostalgic, pondering-what-could-have-been poem that it is, but never mind that.

In terms of American poetry, I also love Emily Dickenson and Wallace Stevens. Poe and Dylan Thomas are cool too, but those three are probably my favorites. Let's not forget Sylvia Plath, either.

Of course, then, I'd have to go into English poetry as a whole and bring in Yates and Tennyson and Shakespeare before them...and of course I'm also a huge fan of Spanish and Latin American poetry, but you really have to speak Spanish to fully appreciate it and... Argl!!!! Too many poems that I must read! I think I'll just leave it at that. I love a lot of poetry, and I hate a lot of poetry, as is the case with all art.

Xradion,

The Horny Druid,

Scholar of the Ancient Arts,

Holder of the Eye of Odin.

"The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream."

-Wallace Stevens

"When at home, do as the Homans do." –Xradion

Heh, my little 100 wish probably would have been that one day, someone says they ought to read some William Jones and mean it. Cioden Darkeye

Quill-Bearer - The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

President of the Peredhil Fan Club

Owner of the Reply Raven - Enemy to all those who never post responses

Ashaman - WoT - Blitz II

Council - The Hunters - Blitz II

Leisure Officer - SFV Ultima - Beta

Guest Fire Walker

Ooooh! I wonder If I still remember it from 6th grade...

Fire and Ice, by Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in Fire,

Some say in Ice,

From what I've tasted of desire,

I hold with those who say fire,

But if the world was to end twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To know that for destruction, ice,

Is also great.

The real version, Thanks to Gooooooogle

1 Some say the world will end in fire,

2 Some say in ice.