The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Why Bel is forgetful. 

Guest Belizean1

Guest Belizean1

In this topic I'd like you all to post reasons why I am forgetful. I give you all permission to be as silly as you like!

Please don't limit yourself to one!

Bel is forgetful because he doesn't see any reason to not be.

Bel is forgetful because of that one time.... with the thong.... and Chey saw.....

Guest LeBelizean

Bel is forgetful because he can't seem to remember any of his ezboard names and creates new ones every few months......

Test 1 4 0 testing......

Guest Brute3

Because Brute was perhaps a bit too friendly with the Decanter when he owned it.

Because that's what happens when ya get old.

Because Bel's needs an upgrade to his memory.

Because Brute used Ye Olde Recruitment Cudgel on an unsuspecting Belizean.

Brute

O Drunken One

Bel is forgetful because of the little gremlins, from the land of silver and other third best things, which toxified the carbonation in his third coke on the 31st of May, in 1983. This resulted in his falling asleep at the wheel, thus he drove down a dark and windy road, into a gloomy unmapped forest, while not so silently slumbering away. Down this twisty and shaded path, he hit a tree. The tree was the very Tree that Olco, the bringer of dumplings, had cursed all those years ago. Hitting the Tree resulted in its curse being lifted and thus Tree reverted to tree. "Capital T is no fun for me" rung in Bel's ears as he was flung from the car. Luckily he landed on the last Female Dodo, and thus broke his fall, as well as the Dodo's neck. He awoke on his makeshift feather mattress to be assaulted by its former owner's ghost. "Pay your rent it cried" and then sped of to the nether world. Seeing that he was stranded Bel set up camp. He made a bed of leaves from the fallen solar panels of the trees. Then using the support structures he started a fire. That was his first mistake. Attracted by the light, and the dead Dodo, a bat-daemon arrived. After losing a game of riddles, the winged monster agreed to take Bel to the nearest civilization. Unfortunately the civilization was non-compatible with Bel, and after many crazy adventures (and the rest of the mistakes) Bel wound up at the Pen is Mightier than the Sword. On his way in, he passed by a cloud of forgetfulness, and the rest is history.

Because he forgot to pay Wyvern those long withstanding debts he owes him...

Nyyark and Brute suddenly look towards Wyvern, their complexions twisted in a mixture of utter disgust and disbelief...

"Wyvern..." grumbles Brute "... I don't recall Belizean owing you any-"

"Shhhhhhhh!" interrupts the overgrown lizard, quickly putting a finger over Brute's mouth in order to hush him. Wyvern snickers to himself sinisterly, winking to Brute and hissing under his breath:

"It's always best to take advantage of situations like these!"

Also: Because the format of this thread seems to be rather unusual, and can induce amnesia...

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Guest LeBelizean

Awww.... now nothing marks this thread as being "unique and special"!

Hmm.... perhaps I can fix that.

*Bel suddenly pulls out a small furry rodent and a large hoop and sets them on a table nearby. Lights flash wildly and a mic drops down in front of him, he grabs it and begins speaking.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Take your seats and please don't pick on the salemidget selling peanuts. He has terretts and unfortunately cannot control everything he says....." At this he glances at Gruff the midget who lazily flips him off and continues working his way through the crowd occasionally muttering a curse or two(or three or four). The crowd snickers and Bel blushes but recovers quickly, "My companion and I have been working on our act for a long long time, it has taken much training and hard work but now we are about to show you the best darn thing you can possibly think of!" Bel leaps down from his podium(that appeared out of nowhere and rose out of the group under him while he was speaking) and rushes over to the rodents side.

Bel looks around at the gathering of people and grins exitedly. He hasn't told anyone what he and Skimmpy had been working on and it was a big secret. Everyone wanted to know what this strange act was involing a man, rodent, and hoop!( )

Bel tossed the hoop into the air in front of him and it hung suspended in mid air in front of him. His head cocked to the side and the hoop revolved a little and Bel nodded in satisfaction. He then snapped his finger and the hoop burst into flame! It was immediately incinerated..... Bel muttered to himself as the crowd roared in laughter. "Skimmpy I told you to bring the iron hoop tonight, not the plastic hula hoop I play with when I think no one is looking..... sheesh." Skimmpy stared at him with beady little eyes and didn't move or make any response to Bel.

The crowd roared with laughter and Bel sighed sadly and raised his arms to quiet the crowd. Soon they all were silent other than an occasional chuckle or wiping away of a tear. "Ladies and gentlemen I present to you Skimmpy the rodent! He will entertain you while I go and get the necessary equiptment from my stall in the barn. I shall return very soon!"

An excited buzz went through the crowd as they all realized that the rodent was going to perfom tricks for them and they all focused their attention on Skimmpy as he sat on the table, staring right back at them. The rodent sat on the table and stared straight ahead(he happened to be facing the crowd) and didn't move a muscle. The crowd imagined he was preparing himself and gave him more time. Skimmpy slowly looked to the left and the crowd gasped in surprise.

"Did you see that! Wow!!! Have him do it again Mommy!" A little girl squealed into her Mommy's ear. As the Mother calmed her daughter Skimmpy looked back in front of him and quickly looked to the right. "Oooooohhhhh he did it again Mommy!" The girl was going wild with excitement at the daring stunts the rodent was performing and her Mother stared with mouth hanging wide open as the rodent circled around finding a comfortable position and then settled down and closed it's eyes. The entire crowd was silent in shock at the amazing spectacle they had just witnessed. Never before had a rodent been taught such difficult tricks..... the crowd remained silent in shock and amazement till Bel came rushing back in.

"Ok! I hope Skimmpy gave a good show! I have the proper hoop now so lets get to work!" Bel set up the hoop again in mid air and magically held it floating and then set it on fire again. The hoop burned fiercely but held fast. Bel smiled happily and glanced up at the crowd nervously. He leaned down towards Skimmpy and whispered, "Ok buddy, you know what to do! Just like we practiced ok!?" Bel imagined he saw a firm nod from the dozing rodent and nodded back.

Wyvern slowly stood up and Bel looked up at him surprised at the interruption. Bel looked at him questioningly and Wyvern asked, "Bel, are you going to have that thing" he pointed at Skimmpy "jump through that hoop? Becaues if you are I just want to let you know that it has been done before.... and using smaller hoops too! Why, that hoop is big enough to fit ME through it!" Wyvern chuckled as he said this and Bel frowned.

"I'm sorry Wyv.... but I don't know what you are talking about.... that thought never crossed our mind at all. Sounds too easy if you ask me though."

"To easy!" Wyv spluttered and sat back down with a thump wanting the show to continue quickly so he could see what kind of act made having a rodent jump through a firey hoop seem "easy".

Bel smiled with satisfaction and turned back to his rodent companion. "Here I go. Don't forget your part!" Bel took off at a sprint toward the hoop and dove through it head first. He landed on the floor beyond and rolled with the fall so as not to injur himself. As he stood up smiling Skimmpy flopped over onto his stomach(anyone near the table would have been able to hear a faint rumbling sound coming from the rodent, as if he were snoring loudly....) Bel looked around at the blank faces that stared back..... "Haven't you ever seen an act where the rodent commands the human to jump through a hoop of flaming fire?"

The crowd burst into laughter.*