The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Help pt. 2 ???

Harmonious_Echos

Snypiuer

• Snypiuer
  • Bard
  •  

O.K., I'll probably, eventually, send out a bulk email about this, but if you're one of the few that lurk, this will give you a head start if you're interested in it.

I have a problem. *Ha-ha, I know, "You can stop there Snypiuer!" reaalll funny😒*

ANYWAYS, I have this concept for . . . something. Not sure if it's a poem or a story, how long it is, genre, etc. just the seed of an unknown flower.

What I need is others to grow it and see what they come up with.

So here it is:

"A small child finds a box under its bed that wasn't there before."

That's it. I have NO idea ANYTHING else: Where it goes. Is the child alone. Is it day or night. How big the box is. How old the child is. Is the child curious or afraid. 

I can't come up with ANYTHING beyond the nascency of what it can be.

So, if you've been wanting to write something for a while, let's see what you can come up with!

I have a LOT of these seeds, so I may make a section for them. Let me know what you think.

(Harmony could not reply to the post "help!" So I am starting another to see if this one is better) 

How about--

A small human child finds a box under her bed that wasn't there before. She puts a shoe into the box thinking it is a shoebox. That night she dreams an amazing dream about shoes and hotels and fairies and wakes up, writes it down, and turns it in as an english project for school. She gets an A, and her teacher commends her for her creativity. Curious about the origin/connection of the box to the dream, she tries experiments; puts food in, dreams of a feast and a great festival, and dances the night away in a medieval castle with an elven prince. She puts in a toy car, and dreams of a racetrack and for one night is the star of NASCAR. She puts in a feather, and dreams of a great phoenix who carries her above the clouds. 
She starts experimenting further.
One night she puts in a paper with her best friend's name on it, and a peppermint candy. The next day her friend comes to school raving about this dream she had about a Peppermint Planet that was so real she could just taste it. Then she tries something more dangerous--she puts in a paper with her bully's name, and a Grimace toy she got from McDonald's. Her bully says nothing, but when she mentions going to see Grimace at McDonald's, the bully flinches and looks ill, and then leaves her alone... 
The girl is thrilled at this newfound power and spends the next day wondering how she'll use it next. She makes a list of people she'll send dreams to and how she wants to use the dreams... 
She gets home and finds the box gone. 
Heartbroken, she hunts all around her home and finally goes to bed without it. She knows she can't ask her parents about it without revealing why she wants a plain little cardboard box so badly. 
Unbeknownst to her, her mother cleaned her room that day & found the box, and thinking it was a nice size & shape for storing things, had stashed it under her own bed...full of her mother's "personal toys", and a tiny, labeled glass jar of the girl's baby teeth.... 

(that's all I've got but I think the rest writes itself, don't you?) 
😐 😅

Edited by Harmonious_Echos
  • Like 2