The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Urlo

TLDunn213

Urlo are typically treated as little more than a footnote added on to writings about Choca. 

Which is understandable, given that they are closely related, and an Urlo is simply what happens to unimplanted Varna tadpoles in seawater rather than freshwater. And sadly most researchers simply leave it at that.

But that misses several interesting details about Urlo that are very much worth taking note of.

There is of course the physical aperance of the Urlo as compared to the Choca. Which, to be fair, is typically included in the footnotes.

For those of you who may not be familiar with these details allow me to quickly recap the basics. 

From the waist up Urlo and Choca are humanoid in basic terms; head, neck, shoulders, arms, torso. But from the waist down you have very clear differences Choca have two tentacles, quite strong and muscular serving as legs even branching near the end into smaller tentacles that serve as toes.

Urlo in contrast have a somewhat bulbous lower body with six tentacles in a radial arrangement very much like the eight tentacles found on Cephalarack. And like the Cephalarack Urlo have sudo bones and joints that allow them to scuttle along in a spider like fashion.

Which brings us to a couple of important details that tend to be overlooked by most researchers 

First, While Urlo are most often found in the depths of the sea they are every bit as able to adapt to air breathing as their Choca counterparts.

And second Urlo and Choca are able to undergo an induced morphosis by which one can transform into the other.

The exact means and reasons for these transformations is not known as of yet.

But I intend to continue my research into this matter.