The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Werewolf Story (sort of)

TLDunn213

Unlike my other works this is a true story.

Well, mostly true anyway. I likely embellished a few bits here and there.

Anyway, this is from a few years ago.

Back when my now ex-wife GK and I were just becoming a thing.

Now her 1st husband had walked out on her shortly before this.

And by being a (insert exploitive) had caused the car she had been driving to get repoed.

And that's where I come in.

I had the day off and so was free to give her a lift to the used car place after she got off.

Now it's worth noting that I'd been reading one of the Annetta Blake books by Laural K Hamilton (sorry if I flubbed the spelling)

In which the focus was on werewolves.

You'll see why this matters in just a bit.

Other bit to note was my get up.

Mocsian boots, camo pants, black T-shirt with a pentagram on it, and terminator type shades over my regular specks .

So, its afternoon and the sun is reflecting off of something on the wall behind the salesman's desk. Which is why I left the shades on.

Anyway, he and GK are talking and he's typing stuff in on his computer.

Then he ask who I am.

Now I just got done paying off my car and ain't going to be part of this deal. So I say, total deadpan, "You don't need to know who I am."

He looks a bit non-pulsed but let's it go.

Now GK's youngest had asma back then. So we needed the car of a non-smoker. And to be sure we got it...

I sniffed the seats.

No way to do something like that and not look a bit odd.

Now remember what I had on and what I'd been reading; and I think you'll see why I didn't even try not looking weird. I went with it and played it to the hilt, and on up to the pommel :)

It went a bit like this:

First car: *sniff sniff* " totally a smoker's car. It down in the foam rubber. You'd need to soak this in fabreese overnight at least."

Salesman dude is a bit weirded out. But not too bad, after all anyone could have smelled that.

Second car:" not a smoker's car; but it's been smoked in. Someone taking a smoke during a test drive I'd say. The smell is just in the cloth not down in the foam; and not any stronger than the fried chicken someone had in here the other day."

Salesman is close to bolting, and Gk tells him her youngest is asmatic.

The look on his face was on par with someone being tossed a rope in quicksand.

Third car: "non smoker. No one has ever smoked in this car. Someone had burgers and frys in here about a week ago. But mostly hasn't been eaten in or anything."

GK: how much ?

Salesman gave an amount that was too high. GK said it was too much.

Salesman said he'd see what he could do.

We got the price we wanted or at least close enough, with a per month that worked.

Not quite the end.

About a week later the salesman called GK to see if she; that is the car was OK.

:)

We had him on speaker so we all heard the slip.

Checked a calander after the call, and yep

It had been a full moon the weekend before.

Amazing what some people will believe ain't it ?