The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Describing words without using them, or their synonyms

-C-

I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, but uh... well, here it is. A friend told me she had to write a paragraph describing a set of words without using them directly, or their synonyms. It sounded like really good fun, so I gave it a try.

I figured it'd be even more fun if we took it in turns, each writing a new set of words to use at the end of each post for the next person to pick up on.

For example, first post has the words 'loud', 'hot,' and 'cold' in - and the second poster has to write a paragraph or a line describing said words without using their synonyms. Then the second poster writes several new words in, say 'kind', 'brick' and 'grass' at the end of his/her post, and poster the third has to write about 'kind', 'brick' and 'grass', and so on and so forth.

There's no limit on the number of words one can put, but I'd suggest it isn't more than five. At least to begin with! It can be as silly or as serious as you like. (If this is posted in the wrong place, I do apologise in advance. It's not exactly a story, or a poem, or really an RP in the strictest sense, so I stuck it in here.)

I'll start - the words that I absconded with were 'Love, Hate, Tragedy or Wrong and Right'.

Left, left is the justice of the land! Gone is the moral fibre! Alas, we are undone! The courts have failed us, anarchy besets us; tyranny reigns! Woe! Woe! We weep at such injustice, for our land has fallen into darkness and despair. For shame! Such is the fate of all those who abandon law for bureaucracy, letting politicians rule with lies, lawyers with foul words.

(Please note, I am being very silly here, and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone!)

Next words: Joy, pain, cold, hot, mortal

Enjoy!

-C.