The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

APPLICATION - TITLE: LIARS AND FAKES

I am a viciously sadistic cruel girl

Singing sickly sweet symphonies to the heart strings

Entrancing you into my web of lies and spells

I’ll always be at your side and I like cooking for you.

And you nod your head right along without missing a beat.

Agree with me and spew similar sentiments

And the truth is for a while we both actually believe.

Until the lies begin to fester; dusty cobwebs thick in the air

I’m obviously not nearly as perfect as you initially believed

Though I’ll admit you weren’t very hard to deceive

Only because your own web was so very close to mine

That I wasn’t prepared for the onslaught of love’s lies.

The doors you held open, the flowers you gave

I almost felt bad, and almost felt shame

My fake laughter and cheerful cleaning all for loves sake

But your lies are worse in a terrifying way.

This was supposed to be my game, when did you learn the rules?

There wasn’t supposed to be two playing; that not how it goes

Now we are locked in this suicide pact, however it’s

More like two pointed guns with their hammers drawn back

I wouldn’t really kill me but I’m not sure about you

I think I might already be dead, there is nothing we can do

Admit we’re nothing more than liars and fakes?

Not likely since fake is all we’ll both ever have.

"Greetingssss colemanite flakes, and thank you for the poem." Wyvern smiles toothily at the applicant and spreads his wings, striking a deep bow. "Normally, I would stamp your application 'Accepted' and welcome you to our ranks, but I'm afraid there may be a slight delay. You see, I'm currently on strike until someone agrees to retrieve the issues of my rare smut collection that they foolishly burned in a fire. Ressst assured that, should pennites act responsibly, I'll be back to reviewing and accepting your application in no time."

You can read about the situation here!-

"Thanksss for your understanding, and please feel free to join in and help out if you wish!"

"Greetingssss colemanite flakes, and thank you for the poem." Wyvern smiles toothily at the applicant and spreads his wings, striking a deep bow. "Normally, I would stamp your application 'Accepted' and welcome you to our ranks, but I'm afraid there may be a slight delay. You see, I'm currently on strike until someone agrees to retrieve the issues of my rare smut collection that they foolishly burned in a fire. Ressst assured that, should pennites act responsibly, I'll be back to reviewing and accepting your application in no time."

You can read about the situation here!-

"Thanksss for your understanding, and please feel free to join in and help out if you wish!"

Dude! You got a hottie over here willing to make new smut for you!

Colemanite stumbled into the burnt smelling recruiting office carrying a mangled looking HUGE cardboard box. She looked a little worse for the wear... beads of sweat on her upper lip and red hair all disheveled. She took a few steps towards Wyvern when she began to tip a little to the left and ended up crashing to the floor, the box having been too much for her small frame, it's contents spilling all over the place including onto Colemanite.

"Here!" she puffed as she disgustedly and hurriedly removed a magazine from touching her face "I went ALLLLLLLL the way home and took these from my brother. His wife was pretty mad about it at Christmas so I figured that I could have them for getting accepted into here. There's like a 100 lbs of smut in here.... I'm sure you'll find SOMETHING to your liking. Alot of..... ummmm...... different looking things in here."

Judging by the mess spilled all over the floor it appeared there was EVERYTHING from human to dragons (or something almost like that) and other somewhat unidentifiable yet recognizable entities in the magazines. "I think there is even some vintage stuff that was passed on from my father...." her voice trailed off a bit murmuring something about a wookie.

Colemanite hopped to her feet and looked around at the people still in the room "Anyone have any hand sanitizer?"

Then looking directly at Wyvern she said "Can I PLEASE be accepted now?"

Edited by colemanite_flakes

"Ah yessssss." Wyvern flashes a toothy grin, scampering over to Colemanite Flakes and handing her an extra large bottle of Almost Dragonic Brand Troll Knuckle Desanitizer™ and a bill for 60 geld. He drums his claws on Colemanite's shoulder blade and peers over her neck at the newly appropriated pile of smut, letting his forked tongue glide over his lips as he leans in to examine it further. "If only all my applicants were thisss considerate when applying... it would increase my Office response time ten fold, that's for sure!"

Wyvern slithers his way around Colemanite Flakes, his tail gliding briefly past her thigh in what may or may not have been an accidental brush of scales. The overgrown lizard seats himself in the smoking remains of Woody's broken frame and proceeds to rapidly skim through the worn magazines, pausing ever so often to raise a brow or let out a lascivious chuckle of approval. Once he's finished with the questionable reading material, he leans back and strokes his chin with a dirty claw.

"Well, there are none of the shootsssss of legend here, meaning that C will still need to retrieve my lost magssss. However, I do really appreciate the thought Coley, and will gladly accept your donation and application."

Wyvern smiles warmly in Colemanite Flakes' direction and nods to her appreciatively, then picks up his glowing Acceptance Brandishing Iron and faces it in her direction.

"Now then, where would you like to be accepted?"

;-)

As Colemanite rubbed the Almost Dragonic Brand Troll Knuckle Desanitizer™ on her hands she wondered briefly if it was safe for human use. Afterall, there was an odd tingling sensation under the beds of her fingernails. As if it were no more than an afterthought Coley let out a resolved little grunt and rubbed the sanitizer all over her face as well.Wyvern, still holding the Acceptance Brandishing Iron, looked a little suprised about this last action. "What? Colemanite started "Those were my bro's. Of COURSE I'm going to sanitize my face."

Colemanite surveyed the room quickly for somewhere to sit and decided on the charred remains of.... something. Or rather it used to be something, now nothing, but that was besides the point. "Really?" Colemanite yelped enthusiastically "We get a brand? Ah, but WHERE indeed?" Much to Wyvern's surprise Colemanite began pushing up her sleeves revealing her already colorful flesh. "The ONE benefit of being pasty; ink holds well." There were colorful purple and green swirls filled with different charms covering her arms. Everything had exuberant color and expert lines. As Colemanite surveyed her artwork she said with resolve "There's only ONE place left for this brand to go..." her eyes flashed comically at Wyvern as she pulled her shirt over her head. She pulled her long red hair into a pony tail in the back exposing a darling pink, not punk rock in anyway, bra.

"Chest Piece." she smiled. "Now let's do this before I lose my nerve! Do you have something I can bite down on?"

Colemanite put her arms behind her back and squeezed her eyes tightly shut prepared to feel her flesh be seared. One eye popped open and looked a Wyvern. "By the way.... nice tail."

Wyvern’s eyes widen to saucer-size proportions as Colemanite Flakes does away with her shirt, his jaw hanging open and his forked tongue dangling loose as she requests the brand on a spot that Wyvern can’t help but gape at. Her words dance around his head, weaving their way around his senses like the intricate laces of her bra and forming something just as darling in his imagination.

“Sss-ss-sss-ss-something to bite down on?!” Wyvern stammers as implications begin flooding his reptilian mind with more “darling” thoughts, his wings craning back and twitching with tension. The lizard scrambles for an answer, trailing his tail stinger over the ground for some object as his eyes stay fixed on where they were previously staring. “I-I uhhh, I’m sssure I can...”

“By the way… nice tail.”

Wyvern’s tail suddenly freezes as his scales go a deeper shade of red, his stammer moving to a higher pitch. The overgrown lizard desperately tries to stay coherent, searing his scales several times over with the Acceptance Brandishing Iron and still drooling like an idiot. Despite the reptilian Elder’s valiant attempts, the sight of the Almost Dragonic Brand Troll Knuckle Desanitizer™ dripping down Colemanite’s neck to the edge of her cleavage proves to be too much for the almost dragon to handle. A bloody snout and a happy wheeze accompany Wyvern’s collapse, and he lands in a position where the brandishing iron faces upward, reading:

ACCEPTED

OOC: An Accepted application Colemanite Flakes, welcome to the Mighty Pen. :) Sorry to keep you waiting with the responses, I hope you’ve enjoyed the Pen so far and look forward to writing more with you in the future. Welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Nightfae, in search of Wyvern, meandered into the Recruiter's Office once more chomping on a piece of bubblegum. She had spend half an hour deciding upon a flavour when she finally stuck with watermelon. She stopped in the doorway and almost choked on her bubblegum. "Well, then! Hello and welcome to the Pen! I'm Fae and...Is he going to be okay?" Walking over to where Wyv's Almost Dragonic body was laying, still holding onto the brandishing iron with a death grip, she couldn't help but giggle. Upon seeing the "Accepted" brand, she pouted, "I didn't get a brand," and spat the bubblegum she had been chewing out into her palm and placed it ever so gently on his nose. "There. Finally." She looked around for a piece of paper and finding nothing, grabbed one of the cleaner (for lack of a better word) smut magazines and ripped out a picture of what seemed to be something that only a seven-year-old boy with an overactive imagination could have come up with and pulled a permanent marker from her pocket. Across the photo, avoiding what she could only assume was the face, she wrote "Finally got a chance to repay you for the gum. I'll work on the chair later. Seems like you need one about now. Would love to get a cup of coffee or whatever you Almost Dragons drink and catch up sometime," and signed it with a decorative heart "Fae."

Having that done, she stuck the note in Wyvern's free hand and turned to Colemanite Flakes and wrapped her up in the biggest hug the tiny girl could manage "I'm sorry for the delay, I haven't been around in a while. But as I said before, welcome to the Pen! I'm Fae and I have some work to do else where," which was really just an excuse to not be around when Wyvern came to and deal with being taxed for the picture. She much preferred simply receiving a bill, "but I hope to see you around! Enjoy yourself." After a quick glance to the box of smut "Just...Not too much." She turned and danced out the door, popping another piece of gum into her mouth.

"By the way... Cute bra."

-I'm sorry this came so late, but better late than never, eh? Welcome!

Edited by NightFae