Song of the soft pulp

of long-fallen trees,

in my hands

crumble.

Edited by Loki Wyrd

The preliminary examinations show severe blunt force

trauma to the head. The assailant

likely struck multiple times

before sitting down to have another drink.

Things had not gone as he planned.

Frustrated, he struggled for an

outlet. Something to be defeated.

A sense of control.

I really like both of these poems, Loki Wyrd. :-) The unsettling imagery of gnawing and burrowing used to personify the thoughts of the first poem was very effective, as was the nature imagery that you closed it with. The second poem was also very good and struck me as more of an observation and contemplation... very different from the poetic imagery of the first poem, but well structured and interesting in its own right. One thing that I am curious about is the connection between these two pieces if there is one - are they completely seperate poems, or did you group them together here for a reason?

Great poems Loki Wyrd, thanks for sharing them here. :-)

It's turtles all the way down--

To mind's end

or a place too small to exist.

Carrying the world upon its back.

And universes bubble forth

as from a cauldron:

Into Rapid expansion

at the release of energy;

(a sigh or a laugh)

escaping unexpected in all its form.

Edited by Loki Wyrd

Thanks for the support. =) I'm sure I've written lyrics...poetry first struck me thanks to Bob Dylan and Paul Simon, so it seems if anything I've drifted away from the tendency. I do love music, and the idea of being part of it. How would you suggest going about collaborating?

Thanks for the support. =) I'm sure I've written lyrics...poetry first struck me thanks to Bob Dylan and Paul Simon, so it seems if anything I've drifted away from the tendency. I do love music, and the idea of being part of it. How would you suggest going about collaborating?

I have some chords and melodies kicking around. The melody will give you a rough syllable count and the chords will give you the song structure. From there you can do whatver the hell you want. Then we tweak and twook until it's right. I can send you a video in pretty much any format you like.

My email is juggling(dot)jason(at)gmail(dot)com.