Now silence rests upon my heart,

No longer shall our eyes meet,

Each moment, now further apart.

So today I resist my pain,

My longing to reach back in time,

To once again, say her name,

And hold my lost Valentine.

:raven:

Nice poem, cryptomancer. The feelings of loss and mourning are definitely felt in the subject matter and lines dealing with separation, and I think it touches upon a side of Valentines day that a lot of people probably experience. It piques my interest in just how personal a poem this is, and also in how willing you'd be to share more personal details of your experiences in it... though the poem seems focused on reaffirming a sense of distance, and more details might bring one closer to the source of loss. Anyway, thank you for sharing this. I hope you're well.

Thank you Wyvern,

Some things are better left as a ghost, and kept at a distance.

Distance is the thing we feel most, being apart from the one that we truly love, seeing them move beyond all you have to offer, and knowing you will never hold that same place in their lives.

Time and true love are mere mists, seen only in hindsight, never able to be held as they sweep around you, and hiding all that is to come. All that is left is the ever widening distance of looking back.

:raven:

• 2 months later...

I always love your poems, Crypt.

I hardly ever drop in here anymore, but it's so nice to see your writings when I do.

I think the only thing you do that matches your beautiful words is your amazing photography! I'm still determined to land in NZ one day and do a photo shoot with the fam. I especially like how you capture the women you've photographed. You catch them in a way they are meant to be seen. I think you often are able to do that with your writing as well. Capture a moment and express it in the way it's meant to be felt.

yeesh. I hope that made sense. :) I should start going to bed earlier!

Night, friend.

~Salinye