The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Bask in the Moonlight

Ran Yoko

Bask in the Moonlight

Tonight is the night of the full moon.

My head has hurt ferociously all day. Now that it is growing dark, the pain has spread to my entire body. But it will disappear as soon as I bask in the moonlight.

A feeling that is both freeing and imprisoning. The inner beast is freed. But the human consciousness is all but gone.

When I have become a wolf, I am only dimly aware of what I am doing. One morning, I awoke to find myself covered in blood. By the smell of it, it was human blood.

As time passes, I become increasingly more like a wolf. I crave meat almost constantly, and my teeth are becoming fangs. My eyesight is fading to gray, while my hearing and smelling are more perceptive.

The more I bask in the moonlight and transform, the more, gradually, I lose my humanity. If I could, I would stay out of the moonlight. But I cannot.

The pain becomes worse the longer I stay hidden. Unconsciously, my hand pulls back the curtain, even as I cry out in fear. Does my hand move because of the pain, or because the beast is demanding to be set free?

Time grows short for me. My body hair has grown so long and thick to be like fur. I can barely hear anything over my heavy panting, and I can feel nothing but pain.

If I transform even once more, I will never be human again. But my hand is reaching for the curtain. I can't stop it.

Draw back the curtain! Let me out!

This will be the last time I bask in the light of the full moon.

~END~

Edited by Sora Hikari