will one day shatter

but I rise above

in this dream reality

Separating the illusion

into each of

its fragments

trying to put it

into context.

Interesting, it would seem to be a disassociation from the standards of normalcy present in society. I liked the little bits of imagery, glass houses—towers, fish in cloudless skies, fragmented illusions. It all seems to point at a desire for a better world than the one you are anchored to.

Thank you for your coments, yes this poem is about escaping from this present world, and the hope that someday something better might come.

The line about "glass towers" is a refrence to modern day buildings, when I was kid, that is what they looked like to me, they looked like buildings made only of windows. And they gave the illusion that if you through a rock through one of them, the whole thing would just come shattering down.

Glass towers

will one day shatter

but I rise above

This does express the hope and wish, that the standards and the ugliness of modern society, will someday be brought down

As well it is about a sort of feeling of being disconected and not really belonging within this present world

Neat enough. It floats dreamlike as you intended.

Floating toward

something unknown

swimming with the fish

in a cloudless sky (for Rhythmic reasons)

Mechanical wings

Icarus of the 21st century

where the sun

keeps on smiling (Interesting personification of sun, am not sure why you choose it? is it only to avoid using "shining?")

Glass towers

will one day shatter

but I rise above

in this dream reality (would make more "dream of reality" emphatic by more detailed or longer phrase)