The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Anyone live in New Mexico?

Salinye

Yes, yes, I know the song! Unfortunately, my conference took 12 to 13 hours of every day, so I didn't get to see much of the beautiful state, but I had a good time. It was hard being away from my children! Thanks to those who popped into messenger to keep me company at night. :) I appreciate it, sincerely! I made it home safely, survived being away from my children (barely) and am getting back to real life. BUT, I do have a funny story for you.

We bought this new beautiful home. It's 2 years old, I can't believe it's ours and it's just heavenly. So, I litterally signed the papers right before I had to head to the airport on Wednesday. We've been living in it for a few weeks as the mortgage industry is all up in arms and our closing date kept getting shuffled around. Anyway, since I'm not used to the various nuances of my house yet, I left the washer machine running while I went to sign papers. They are these really cool front loaders and I'm pretty excited about them too. (When you do as much laundry as I do, you want a nice machine!)

So anyway, I guess the washer machine REALLY jumps around a lot during the spin cycle. Oh, I need to back up and tell you that the entire house has this dark earthy green colored carpet, which I know may sound weird, but it's quite lovely. Very earthy, not bright or crazy green.

SO...

While I was signing papers, the bumping of the spin cycle knocked the bleach off the top of the machine, popped the lid off and there is an 8 foot spray pattern from the washer and dryer closet all across the loft and even into the master bedroom. It bleached it bright freakin' yellow!

I ran up the stairs to get my bags for the airport and froze! My kids came tumbling up behind me and said "I didn't do it!! It wasn't me!! I didn't do it!!" So then I just had to laugh because, I mean really, what could I do? Bleach is forever.

Oh well, at least now it feels like home.

~Salinye :fairy: