would be appeased

Her voice howls her pain

for the womb that must

remain barren

Yet still she knows

how to love

even for her lack of warmth

and forever she seeks a new romance.

Nice poem, Silver Wind. :-) I really like how you contrast Lady Winter's innocent appearance with a deeply founded sense of desperation and cruelty. Still, it's hard not to feel some sympathy for her when considering her optimistic approach towards romance, particularly in light of her agony over her womb and her utter loneliness. The first stanza stood out to me with its comparison of stained snow to tainted virgin's blood, though the adverb "seemingly" in the fifth line felt a bit cumbersome to me and didn't really seem to add anything to the stanza.

Wyvern hisses and flips through volumes 1 and 2 of his Naughty Nymph catalogues, then raises a brow and snorts a small smoke ring as he notices a new discrepency deep within his tomes.

"Hrmph. Ssseems you've hit another blind ssspot in my catalogue, Silver Wind." Wyvern flashes a hungry crocodile grin in Silver Wind's direction and begins rubbing his claws together. "I uhhh, don't sss'pose you might be willing to hazard the articsss to fetch me a photo of this Winter chick?"

Silver Wind frowns and stares at Wyvern with a blank expression, her long silence speaking volumes.

"Now, before ya jump to any conclusssions, it's pure coincidence that you've managed to depict two mythic gals that I don't have proper 'documentation' of yet. Very rare, very rare indeed. I'd only need one photograph of this lady since I tend to focus on the frigid ones less, though of course it'd still have to be a picture capable of melting glacial caps if you catch my drift." Wyvern winks twice and snickers, then scratches the back of his right horn. "I sss'pose that in exchange, I might be able to mount a miniature Silver Wind statuette made from Almost Dragonic products as a frame to keep yer poem in. Waddaya sssay?"

;-)

Thank you

though the adverb "seemingly" in the fifth line felt a bit cumbersome to me and didn't really seem to add anything to the stanza.

You do make a good point, I will have to take another look at that.

Rolls eyes at the old retpile and thinks for a moment. It was bade enough have to wade through the swamps for that blasted witch, but really, trecking though an icy wasteland. It did sound like a bit much, but then, the offer is quite an intriguing one, and not at all unappeing. Taps fingers in thought for a moment before giving a resgined nod.

"Alright I will see what I can do."

"Exxxxxcccellent."

Wyvern licks his lips and lets out a little squeal of anticipation, then squares his claws to get a better picture of the area surrounding Silver Wind's poem. The overgrown lizard tilts his head, then raises a claw to his teeth and lets out a shrill whistle with a hissy undertone. Two troglyodytes wearing hard hats immediately scurry into the Banquet Hall through opposite entrances, rolling out the yellow "Construction Zone" tape as they approach the area that will hereby be referred to as "Lady Winter Nook." The reptilian Elder snorts and nods as he reviews a checklist that one of the troglyodyte's hands him, then begins setting some Almost Dragonic Brand Steel Irons™ on the potentially flammable carpet in the hopes of achieving a high-heeled shoes look.

"Bessst o' luck! I'll be workin on that mini-statue..."

Stumbles in teeth chattering and mumbling to herself as she dusts off a few left over flakes of snow from her coat, feeling the warmth of the Banquet room start to spread over she makes her way over to the hearth and shrugs off the coat to hang it on a peg on the wall before taking a seat. Rubbing her hands together a moment to help get warmed up for a few moments, and begins to feel sensation come back into her fingers once more before she pulls out a carefully kept folder and sets it upon the top of the table and opens it up to remove the photograph from inside.

"Well it was not easy, you do have rather difficult tastes."

She says as she glacnes up to the scaely beast for a moment and just mutters to herself and shakes her head. Wondering how she keeps letting herself get talked into these little escapdes to start with.

"Ooohhhh, great to ssssee ya back Silver Wind." Wyvern squints as he adjusts the Almost Dragonic Brand Goblin Torture Rack Picture Frame™ that acts as the statue's body, careful not to tip over the Almost Dragonic Brand Spikey Troll Baseball Bats™ that have been propped up as the statue's legs. The overgrown lizard doesn't even turn to glance at Silver Wind's folder, preoccupied by fitting the pieces of the Lady Winter Nook puzzle together. "'Fraid I can't shake yer hand from here sssince we got construction going on, but thanksss a bunch!"

Wyvern pauses, then turns his eyes towards Silver Wind for a moment.

"Of course, like last time, I'll need a dessscription of the photo and some sense of what this Lady Winter chick looks like, just ssso that I can be sure that it's worthy of my records. And I alssso wanna hear what ya went through to get it, for proper documentation purpossses." Wyvern turns his eyes away from Silver Wind as he glances down at a construction checklist. "Alssso, if ya wouldn't mind, I'd like to have a sheet with a little description of you on it. Y'know, physical quirks, general wardrobe, looks, etc. You could tack it over in the Piazza of Portraits or just hand it to me here. Not as much of a requirement as the other stuff, but I wanna make this statue as close of a fit as possible, so any details'd be good."

"Well I first I had to hike up into the mountains, and find a spot within the icy snowy barren land to dig out a little snow cave for myself to keep wore, well I sat and waited. She is very shy in most cases you know and does not come out very often. I had to sit out for days in the snow, and was just staring to drift off to sleep when I saw something. A movement out of the corner of my eye. I grabbed my camra and waited and there she appeared.

Her skin is quite pale, she does not really get much sun you know. She rather dislikes it really, sensitive and such to the sunshine, and she has long flowing white hair and the most pericing blue eyes. Though they are tinged with sorrow from being so lonely and all. She wears a very lovely white gown, quite flowy in the wind.

Oh yes I almost forgot "

Digs around for a moment before pulling out a peice of parchment and sets it on the table.

"Here is the profile you requested"

Hair: very long, hagning slightly past waist level, chest nut colored. Usually worn in a braid to keep it out of the way.

Eye: Hazel

Basic charactertis: Full figured, voluptious, somewhat light skinned, with a bit of a tan. About 5'6.

Wardrobe: Favoers long flowing skirts, and peseant blouses with bell sleaves. Likes to wear lots of silver jewlary, espcailly rings. Usually does not bother wearing shoes. Is most found of the colors, green, blue, and purple.

"Yikessss."

Silver Wind raises a brow and turns her head towards Wyvern, uncertain if his comment was directed at her story or at the appearance of the Almost Dragonic Brand Sales Pitch Forks™ that have been set as the Silver Wind statue's arms. Wyvern licks his razor sharp teeth and twists one of the arms so that the flyers for Almost Dragonic Products on its tips are clearly visible.

"Sssounds like it was a bit of a trek, hope I didn't put you through frostbite or anything..." Wyvern pauses in his architecture for a moment as a hard-hatted troglyodyte hands him the sheet with Silver Wind's traits listed on it. The reptilian Elder turns to Silver Wind and grins, raising the sheet so that she can see it above the construction tape. "Thanksss for the blueprint by the way, I'll sssee what I can do. Hey Shhifrock! Sllaamurk!"

The two troglyodyte underlings scurry up to Wyvern, awaiting his commands.

"Let'sss see here." Wyvern nods as he looks over Silver Wind's descriptive list. "We're gonna need two Almost Dragonic Brand X-tra Large Inflatable Torpedoes™, five Almost Dragonic Brand Kitchen Utensil Party Decoration Sets,™ a bottle of Almost Dragonic Brand Hazelnutty Spread™ and a mop head."

The troglyodytes raise their webbed hands to their heads in a salute, then dart off in different directions to find Wyvern's supplies. The overgrown lizard watches them dash off, then lets his eyes drift back over to Silver Wind.

"By the way, I'm ssstill gonna need a description of the photo that you took of this Winter chick." Wyvern scratches his chin as he watches Silver Wind's face droop. "Sssorry, but I gotta make sure that it's worthy of my collection, just like I did with your photos last time. Yer dessscription of Lady Winter is kinda promising, and with all the hard work you put into staying put to get a hot pic, I'm guessing that your photographer skillsss paid off. So tell me... watcha got?!"

"Right of course, I nearly forgot about that"

Taps her index finger against her chin for a moment in thought

"Well you know there is not much light up there in the snow, but every now and then you get lucky and the sky clears up and then the sun catches on the snow, just so. It makes for quite a lovely affect. I had to wait for just the right moment to take the picture to get everything just so. The light has caught her dress in just such a way to make it appear almost transparent. And her silver white hair has a shimmer to to it and is blown back slightly within the passing breeze. She is posed standing just upon the snow against the white winter backdrop surrounding her with her head turned up slightly toward the sky and her face nicely out lined showing the rather strong line of her jaw, and delicate curve of her neck. Her lips are pursed together in a look of wonder, and one of her hands rests down at her side and the other arm is borught up so her hand is placed just against her chest in a light finger touch.

Edited by Silver Wind

"Hrmmm..." Wyvern slowly nods and scratches his chin, then grins and reaches over the construction tape to pluck the photo folder from its resting place. "Yeah, that'll work. Thanksss again for the quality effort, Silver Wind."

Wyvern signals to the two trogylodyte construction workers, tilting his head in the direction of Silver Wind and mouthing something silently. The underlings nod and step up to the resident photographer poet, offering her a pair of extra large scissors.

"Jussst in time as well." Wyvern grins and leans back against a construction cone, almost falling as the cone tips over under his weight. He stumbles back to his feet and clears his throat as he regains his composure. "*Ahem* Yer mini-ssstatue is officially complete. Will you do the honors of opening Lady Winter Nook to the Banquet Hall public?"

Silver Wind stares at the scissors and smirks, then takes them from the troglyodyte's hands and snaps the construction tape. Her face goes blank as she stares at the scarecrow-like oddity resting at the center of the Nook.

The Almost Dragonic Brand Steel Irons™ that had acted as high-heeled shoes have been replaced by featherless goblin cushions meant to resemble bare feet. Two Almost Dragonic Brand Spikey Troll Baseball Bats™ impale the bases of the cushions with their spikes, accounting for the lack of feathers and rising up like a set of straight legs. An Almost Dragonic Brand Goblin Torture Rack Picture Frame,™ colored in a lighter shade of tan and chipped around the edges for a vague sense of curves, rests tacked onto the tips of the troll baseball bats as the central body of the statue. Silver Wind's "Lady Winter" poem is centered in the middle of the frame, next to the handcuffs and chains of the torture rack, though its been set there upside down by accident. Two Almost Dragonic Brand Sales Pitch Forks™ extend from the sides of the picture frame body, held in place by copper torture clamps and acting as the thin arms and fingers of the statue. The tips of the pitch forks are loaded with flyers for Almost Dragonic Brand Products, including flyers for many of the items that have been used to build the statue itself. An empty shoebox with a magazine cut-out photo tacked to it hangs from the right pitch fork by a knotted shoestring, with the words "Profeshanal Kamra" scrawled on its side. On the front of the picture frame body, above the "Lady Winter" poem, two Almost Dragonic Brand X-tra Large Inflatable Torpedoes™ extend like a pair of giant breasts. They float like two miniature blimps, smooth and gray with tiny red lights flashing on and off at their ends. Above the breasts, an Almost Dragonic Brand Zing Pong Racket™ has been placed as the neck and head of the statue, with Almost Dragonic Brand Hazelnutty Spread™ smeared in two dots for eyes and a cut-out smile for a mouth. Almost Dragonic Brand Kitchen Utensil Party Decoration Sets,™ consisting mainly of silver frying pans, hang from the shoulders, head, and arms of the statue like some sort of twisted kitchen jewelery. A number of thin light brown cords hang from the back of the statue's head, extending all the way the bottom of its picture frame body.

"We couldn't find any mop heads for hair, ssso we decided to use Almost Dragonic Brand Torpedo Fuse Cords™ instead." Wyvern scratches one of his horns, then leans over to Silver Wind and whispers. "We're designating Lady Winter Nook a 'Flame-Free Zone', of course... it falls in line with the Winter part of it anyway."

;-)