The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

It's Halloween at the Pen!

Zool stood motionless for a moment as the smoke cleared. Gone were the troublesome cobwebs and theatrical dust. In it's place was soot - a lot of soot - and a single candle-like flame at the top of his Flamboyant toupee. Without a word, he reached up and snuffed the flame. Then he gave a single long hacking cough, belching a great cloud of thick black soot that turned his entire portrait black. When that began to clear he could be seen busily brushing and wiping himself off.

"Grimmael!" he called matter-of-factly, "Need a re-fresh on the cobwebs..."

Having waited patiently long enough Peredhil cleared his throat gently to punch through Zool's customary obliviousness to anything outside of his frame.

Zool looked up to see his long time friend. "Oh my! Is that... Master P! I'm so glad you made it! My goodness, WHERE did you get that outfit?? You look AWESOME! Please, don't kill me." :D

Edited by The Portrait of Zool

Wyvern sulks as he lets the swamp water drip from his scales, his hatred for H2O growing by the minute. Kikuyu's angry tone wasn't helping the overgrown lizard's situation either, though her wet dress and smeared makeup were welcome distractions from the soaked state of his scales. Wyvern nudges his horns a bit, evoking a little yelp from Kikuyu.

"What'sss the matter with cutting the lightsss?" Wyvern bites his lip as Kikuyu yanks her head in his direction, pulling his head down and glaring at him with an even more infuriated gaze. "OK, OK! Let's at leassst try to stand, this water stuff's driving me nuts. Medic!"

Wyvern grunts and slowly begins raising himself up, careful of the position of his horns as he extends a claw and helps Kikuyu to her feet. The two of them wobble to a standing position, dribbling water and runny druid paint onto the dancefloor. In the background, the band begins an extra slow rendition of "I'll Always be Your Blood-Sucking Freak." Wyvern stands still and taps his foot to the rhythm, then perks his head up as he gets an idea, evoking another yelp from Kikuyu.

"Sssssay Kikuyu... Y'know, this hair thing can't stop us from dancing, just so long as it's nice and clossse..."

Wyvern grins and raises a claw to his head to brush his scales back in a hunk-ish manner, only to accidentally pull an Almost Dragonic Brand Tanglenet Headband™ from one of his horns. Kikuyu's hair immediately becomes untangled from Wyvern's horns, and she takes a moment to back away and straighten it before the lizard's set-up dawns upon her. Wyvern glances down at the Headband, then raises his claws defensively as he glances up at Kikuyu's angered expression.

"Now wait a sssecond Kikuyu, it's eerrr, not what it looks like. It uhhh, this thing it ssslipped. Yep, that's it, slipped."

A roar is the only way Degorram could describe her laughter. Yes....roar was a lovely word for it. Seeing Kikuyu, smeared, dripping, her scarves hanging crookedly from her shoulders, chase around a frantic and excuse-squeaking Wyvern screaming dire threats was too hilarious.

However, Degorram was well versed in the bad things that could happen on account of Kikuyu's temper. She stepped in, grabbing Wyvern's shoulder and placing her other hand against her sister's arm. "May I cut in? I'd like to dance with lizard-hunk before you destroy him." She chuckled again at the destructive rage in her sister's eyes.

"Come on Wyv, let's dance."

Kikuyu simmered quietly on the sidelines, watching as Degorram and Wyvern struck it up on the dance floor. She did not realize that her eyes had changed colors, as they often did, from blue to emerald green. The tattoos under her eyelids had also changed to green. "Alright then, Wyv," she muttered to herself. "We're even for now. But I'll tip the scales soon enough." Kikuyu drew one of her daggers and smiled at it, running a finger down the sharp blade. A pennite next to her inched away, eyes wide. Kikuyu quietly hummed a verse of "They're Coming To Take Me Away" to herself as she yet again sheathed the dagger and tapped her foot in tune to the music, her eyes on Degorram and Wyvern.