Keep the child-likeness within

As the tale goes on

A child within man

Finds love in living fully

Joy within his reach

I want to have that

Child within my heart and soul

To live and love life

Kee frowns and stares at the lonesome mess of a Recruiter's Office, hearing nothing other than the light rustle of discarded paperwork and a low hissing sound that drifts from the central desk area of the room. He sighs and turns to exit the Office, taking the eery silence as a "no," but pauses as the hissing sound suddenly blurts into a snort and a loud shuffling noise. Wyvern pounces out from a deep pile of paperwork with a gasp, letting numerous Pen complaint forms and outdated scheme sheets fall from his scales. The overgrown lizard flaps his wings twice to get rid of a few loose-ended tax documents, then turns towards Kee and extends a claw.

"Sssorry about that, was napping and lost track of the time. Name's Wyvern, nice to meetcha." Wyvern grabs Kee's hand and shakes it, then snatches the Haiku of Life from his other hand and gives it a glance. "I gotta read this over, so feel free to relax and engage in one of the Office's many recreational activities in the mean time. Namely: discarded paperwork mache, discarded paperwork skating, discarded paperwork napping, and alphabetic trash spotting. Feel free to start with 'A is for Aged Curly Onion Cheese Doodles' and work your way from there."

Kee raises a brow in confusion as he considers Wyvern's proposed exercise, but decides to relax and take a seat as the reptilian Elder begins reading over his work. Wyvern breezes through the series of haikus several times, then strikes a toothy grin and turns back towards the applicant.

"A very fine poem, Kee. 'Acceptable' would be an understatement, as this piece is well and truly worthy of our little collection." Wyvern watches Kee's face brighten at his words, then picks the opportune moment to pull a small package from one of his sleeves. "I should've known that Mother Nature would go all sssentimental over a little inpurity. Not the firssst time I've seen her sob... you shoulda seen her expression that time that I tried to bulldoze Morneanna's clearing in the hopes of making an Almost Dragonic Brand Environmentally Unsound Megamall™! Talk about nervous breakdowns..."

Wyvern snickers to himself over the not-so-natural disaster, then turns the package in his claws and a takes a step closer to Kee. A trail of dirt begins leaking from a small hole in the package's side.

"In termsss of recapturing the essence of childhood, I think that Morgane would be the main pennite to consssult. Of course, if you wanna get one step closer to that missing childhood, adoption might also be an option." Wyvern sneers and points towards the package that he holds. "And why not ssstart by adopting one of these ADORABLE Almost Dragonic Brand Soot-E-Pets™? Made from real soot, these little animal figurinesss require no food or care, and are only a mess if you count them as dirt. Remember: 'B is for Burnt Beloved!' Only 25 geld a shot, get yoursss today!"

Wyvern continues pointing at the package enthusiastically, then stares down and notices the leak in its side. The overgrown lizard curses to himself and plugs it with a claw, only to find that Kee is already shaking his head in response to the ad. Wyvern promptly drops the Soot-E-Pet to the floor with a grumble and stamps Kee's application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, Kee. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I hope that you find the Pen a very friendly and welcoming community to share your writing with, and look forward to reading more of your stuff as well as to collaborating with you on community projects if the opportunity arises. Once again, welcome.