Involve        Revolve       Dissolve

Involve        Revolve       Dissolve

Everything     Everything    Everything

Everyone       Revolves      Dis

No choice      Around        sol

No option      Everything

Involved

Edited by Mardrax

reminds me of one those new experimental forms I got to hear about last year at a writer's conference I was interning at.

Didn't actually attend the workshop with the experimental forms, but kept runnning into people that did. Seems like these ppl like to play with how the poem was read on the page like forwards, backwards, up and down...and in theory at least wanted to step out of all the convention of western literature period. I kind of think that's impossible, I mean you are what you are. And influence even if ignored is still influence. Hmm, at any rate, I'll try to track down the guy who presented on these forms, so I get you more information on them.

rev...

The choice to format this into three columns was actually just made to have the second stanza-column make more sense. Also, 18 one-or-two-word lines, separated into 3 stanzas, all below eachother would have just have been hell to read if you ask me, next to looking bad at first glance. I'm a visual guy :P

At any rate, you have me interested now. Do see what you can dig up, by all means ^_^

Edited by Mardrax

Very good poem, Mardrax. :-) I think that language poetry has been my favorite style of poetry in recent years, and I really like the way that you twist the form and arrangement of words of this piece to challenge the reader's perception. I think I get the most out of this piece when I read the columns in from top to bottom, though reading the words horizontally had a very interesting effect as well, particularly with the way that the ends of the first and second columns came together. Reading it from top to bottom seems more in line with the dissolving element at the end of the piece, with the columns getting shorter as they move along. I also really like the way you spread "dissolve" out and cut it off at the end of the vertical piece, though in terms of arrangements I didn't find the initial repetition of "Involve," "Revolve," and "Everything" quite as intriguing as the rest of poem.

Anyway, great stuff Mardrax. :-) Thank you for sharing it.