The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Unmakers!

ryurei

Stick lets out a friendly laugh as he hears 'William's costume ripping. Grinning, he drops the purse back into his outstretched... claws? Hands? Whatever they are.

"Alright there Wy-Mr.Pompousissy, I'm sorry. Here's your precious geld." Stick says with a wink at the end, "As for your robe..." he digs into his pocket and after a minute of digging around pulls out a roll of shiny duct tape. "I'm not so good with thread and needle, but I think this'll do, in a pinch... unless anyone else can help our new good friend out?" He pauses for a moment, "Oh goodness, I've been pretty rude so far... one of those days I guess..." laughing a bit and shaking his head, he offers his hand towards Loki in greeting and makes hasty introductions. Still not to sure what to do with the floating Pen, he just smiles and nods in its direction. Reaching into his pocket with his other hand again, Stick pulls out a cherry dryad flavoured lolipop and hands it to Minta.

"Yup, I think this should be pretty fun indeed."

A tiny reflection catches the eyes of the bystanders, bounced off the tip of what seems to be a very thin thread, originating from the pen, but speeding toward and around Wyvliam. It zigzags back and forth behind his back, sewing the tear shut with some quick strokes and a tiny knot. While the needle separates from the string and falls away, the pitch black zigzag is still clearly visible, together with some text: "I gladly give to the poor"

The pen itself -now also separated from the thread- wiggles in place a bit, then tilts to horizontal and back towards Stick in mock-answer to his greeting.

OOC:

Stick

Body 8

Mind 4

Soul 7

Combat Value: 10 (Attack) 8 (Defense)

Health Points: 95

Energy Points: 65

Attributes:

Aura of Command (Level 3) Although Stick doesn't usually act in a leadership

role, when he takes charge, he tends to do it in a manner that causes people

around him to follow. If nothing else, he is a good leader in times of need.

Combat Mastery (Level 4) Stick may not be a veteran, but he is seen many

battles, and undergone extensive training. He is skilled with the use of his

own weaponry, and useful without; not to mention whatever he can put in his

hands.

Damn Healthy! (Level 2) Stick can really take a beating.

Divine Realtionship (Level 3) As the Avatar of the Goddess of nature, Stick

is granted 'favours' from time to time.

Energy Bonus (Level 1) Stick can usually keep on trucking at the worst of

times.

Focused Damage (Level 6) Stick *really* knows how to use his BigPointyStick.

Speed (Level 2) Through intensve training, Stick is approximately twice as

fast as most other humans at most tasks, including things like running.

Unique Character Attribute (Level 4): BigPointyStick: Stick's namesake, the

BPS appears somewhat like a plain wooden quarterstaff, except both ends are

sharpened into points. The BPS is also malleable at Stick's will, although

he isn't aware of that fact yet. It has other mysterious powers as well, but

the only one he really knows is that he can use it as a focus for when he

channels the energy of Nature; that power usually only presents itself in

times of dire need however.

Defects:

Easily Distracted (1 BP) It's undecided whether Stick's eyes are bigger

than his stomache or if its the other way around, but it is clear that he

can't help himself if he sees some tasty food lying around.

Unique Character Defect (1 BP) Sleep: Stick really really likes to sleep. He

can be somewhat difficulty to wake up at times.

"Okay everyone!" Mai said as he opened the door that Ryu was fiddleing with while every one was talking. "Ryu has the portal opened and Kieko is going with you." as Mai said this a young woman came down the street with midnight blue hair and eyes.

"Nice to meet you all," she said as she walked through the door and vanished.

"Ah yeah just follow her to the kingdom of Zenbu." with this Mai turns and leaves with an irritated looking Ryu storming off.

Loki stepped through the portal and saw a kaleidoscope of different colors (sorry, that's all I could think of). She landed on a grassy field, and looked down on Wy-er, William, who had somehow managed to land on his head.

"Ya'll right there, mate?" she asked, smiling. "I think ya might be a li'l top heavy."

"Sshut up!" the lizard-man hissed, pushing himself up.

"Whoa!" Minta said.

Loki looked up to see a town within eight feet of where they were. At the other end stood a castle, with green fields stretching to the horizon. But the strange thing was that there were zombies walking around!!

"What in th' name o' King Henry the XIII is goin' on here?" she muttered.

A zombie walking by suddenly had his arm fall off, and it rolled over by Minta. It walked over to her and began to speak.

"I beg your pardon, young lady, but could you be so kind as to help me re-attach that?"

OOC: Sorry if this doesn't go along with anyone else's ideas, but it was all I could think of. Please PM me if I'm mis-representing anyone's characters!! :unsure:

Minta swooped past the kaleidoscope, squealing with glee. She was reaching out to touch it even as the metaphor dissolved under her fingers, which was kinda sad, but then she found a superduperneato grassy field to stop in. But why just stop, with so much momentum? The gnomie curled up and rolled end-over-end eight times, plowing up a small trail in the turf before rolling to an upright stop. Behind her, Kieko overleaped the shallow ditch and landed gracefully.

"Skellie?" she asked, lookin' round for her camping stuff, but it had gotten slurped away by the kaleidoscope. Minta was about to get upset when the zombie arm plunked into the dust.

[more I could write, but holding back to let people into the moment]

A stick figure hopped onto the doorstep, and off it on the other end.

The pen slung over its shoulder like a dwarven soldier would a giant rifle.

Jungle surrounded it. Huge trees, seemingly made of single, razorsharp leaves jutted from the ground millionfold around it.

It hadn't been able to see much more than ten. If it had had any eyes to see with.

Sadly, the figure was as featureless as the trees, and it swiftly collapsed onto the soil and an ant carried it off.

The ant would probably cry in its bed that night, for finding its prize missing when it got home.

Yet like the figure had no eyes to see, the ant had no tears to shed, nor a bed to wet with them.

The pen, meanwhile, had floated up to a higher perch, a couple feet above the field.

It awaited what would come in solemn silence.

For it had no noise to make.

Edited by Mardrax

Eyeing the mysterious portal warily, Stick pokes it a few times. Discovering that like the other people (and not-so people) before him, part of his finger seemed to disappear. It felt tingly; not necessarily in a good way, but not necessarily in a bad way either. Shrugging, he took a few large steps backwards, until he was about a good fifteen feet away. Shouting a hearty "Look out below!" he charged at the portal, then jumped into a dropkick just before entering. Dizzily, he flew through and shot out over everyone else. Sailing through the air, he landed gracefully sprung to his feet following a short roll.

"That was fun, I think. Where are we now?" he asked, eyeing the new surroundings cautiously.

William finally managed to remove his horns jagged toupee from the Zenbu soil, cursing with a rather reptilian hiss in spite of himself. The Akashan "emissary" rolled over to examine the murky skies, then lifted himself to his feet just as Ran Yoko posed her question. He dusted a few loose blades of grass from his librarian robes as he answered with his snarky reply, then immediately dug into the front of his pants and pulled out a large tome that had been strategically placed there.

"Let usss see here." William flipped through the pages of the book until he arrived at the backmatter. He set a gloved claw on the letter 'Z'. "Ahhh yes, here we are, the Kingdom of Zenbu. Known for its lush greenery and vibrant energy, Zenbu is widely regarded as the 'Life' city, and is always found bustling with life of all shapes and si-"

William was interrupted as the nearby zombie requested arm help from Minta Rose. He twisted his thick moustache to a curl and shut his tome with a loud *SNAP!*

"Well, there goesss my marketing lifeline." William grumbled and shoved the book back into his pants, squinting to examine the other approaching zombies. "Say, could someone dupe these sophisticated zombies into thinking there's a flesh-quilt convention on the other side of that fort? I'd really like to get right down to digging for treasu- errrr, excavating valuable Library artifactsss!"

OOC: First of all!!! It came to my attention that I just went ahead and had everyone come through the portal. I am very sorry if you wanted to stay on Earth a little bit longer, I just went ahead and did what I wanted. I'm very sorry!!! :cry:

from the skys a booming voice seems to echo, "After arriving everyone has meet with a zombie who at first askes for his arm back only to try and eat them when they do so!!!"

the zombie looks up at the sky and says, "But i don't want to! can't you do something else with this, Lord Sumimasu?"

Again the disembodied voice shouted, "DO IT!!!"

with a sigh the zombie tries to chase the party into the trees.

"Zombie!? That fiend! I'll handle this!" Stick shouts as he twirls the BPS in his right hand, then launches himself at the hapless unfellow, and attempts to lay the smackdown.

OOC: Wow, shortest post evar. Really uncreative at the moment, sorry. Plus, didn't want to take too much liberty... and gore...

While the BPS is inserted into the poor sod of a zombie on one end and simultaneously emerges from 3 other ends, Pen traces a long line of gnomish tinker-poetry from around where Minta has landed to right in front of the flaring nostrils on Williams snout, still excited about the prospect of unearthing "reading material".

The line ends in a big "SumimaWho?".

Wylliam strokes his moustache with a quick flick of his glove as he watches the zombie's futile attempts to lumber forward. He exchanges glances with Stick, who has a rather disgusted look on his face and seems to be preoccupied with trying to remove his hand from a newly-made hole in the zombie's chest. The zombie continues to groan in its attempts to lunge forward, but finds itself equally stuck in place due to the position of Stick's hand. All of which makes for an utterly undramatic situation, of course.

"Do not worry, my Big Pointy Associate... I shall have this being of the undead ssslain in a moment's time." William begins to stroke his moustache again, only to pull the entire thing off and twist it into a boomerang-like shape. The "Akashan" clears his throat and pulls an ancient tome entitled "Yee Biggeth of Eyes, Smalleth of Mouth" from his back pocket. "Hrrrm, according to this old gaming rulebook, my moustache should deal 1+[(5 - 2Y)/4] x 2 damage when tossed in combat, where Y is equal to the number of sneezes in the opponent's allergic reaction to horse hair."

William continues reading as he takes several steps forward, carelessly tredding over several fine doodles of gnomish tinker-poetry in the process. The librarian then narrows his eyes and focusses all of his attention on the stillness of the zombie and the stillness of Stick, tilting his head at just the right angle to envision a perpendicular trajectory for his projectile. The sharply twisted pointy ends of the moustache glint in the morning sun as William raises it in the air. He grits his razor-sharp teeth as a bead of sweat drops from his brow.

"HeeyAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Pompousissy's girlish war cry is cut short as the moustache manages to float half an inch forward before it falls straight down to the ground. The moustache falls apart in the grass and is lost as a light breeze blows by.

"Blassst." William grumbles to himself and turns to the floating Pen with a sigh. "I don't sss'pose you could scribble me a new moustache when you have a minute?"

• 3 weeks later...

Zombies don't come with naturally pointy needly bits, so Minta had to borrow a fingerbone an' sharpen that inna a pencil sharpener before startin' to sew the nice zombie's arm back on, with a couple of veins already stuck onto the other end for sinews, but then zombie shambled off in the middle of the sharpening! Minta, with her grip on the zombie fingerbone, got jerked off of her feet and scooted around the meadow sliding on her back. "Cut it out!" she squealed, "am not done yet!"

Stick clonked into the other end of the zombie, changing its trajectory, but not Minta's. "Thankslots!" she chirped, and pointed the mostly pointy end at the zombie as the sinew slipped sideways. The fingerbone poked through the ragged end of the loose arm for the first half-stitch, but Minta was still bumping and sliding among the meadow plants. "Neato necro in the sky!" she yelled, "make your zombie slow down! I still gotta fix it!"

Big Booming voice: "You want to fix the thing i sent to kill you?!?!?!?!?"

there was silence for a bit then, "Alright let her fix you before killing them off."

Keiko in the mean time is sitting on the grass trying to figure out just what exactly is going on. as is her custom she starts making paper flowers out of the dirt as she is thinking. she stops in the midle of the tenth flower and looks to the sky, "Whats your name?"

OOC: sorry it took so long guys i had my computer in the shop trying to fix it....to much time without updating my ativirus software i'm told:P

"Oh fiiiinnnne." Wylliam Pompousissy stared up at the sky and let out a snort of smoke, snapping an erotic library novella shut with one claw and keeping his other claw lifted to his visibly scaly snout. "I'll follow the neato necro gnomie without anyone carrying me, consider it a favor. Ssstrictly against Akashan policy, you know, but it's all for the sake of research."

William pulled out a book labeled "How to Walk Like a Proper Librarian" and began sauntering after Minta and the zombie, slightly changing his pace with each movement forward. The reptilian librarian slowed his formal step as he reached the jumbled mess of limbs and tangled veins formed by Minta, the zombie, and Stick.

"I wonder where that thing was headed?" William scratched his head and moved closer to the zombie mess, ignoring the large cave with the entrance shaped like an open wolf's mouth that rested just down the hill. He also ignored the blood-smeared sign pointing towards the cave that read "NECROMANCER'S SECRET LAIR. Wounded Zombies, Retreat this Way," and chose instead to focus on Minta's chaotic sewing job. William dropped his book on librarian walks and dug out a tome labeled "Anatomical Tailoring," observing the size of the fingerbone needle in relation to the size of Stick's fingers. "Hmmm, I wonder if it might be better to just cut the arm loose and take it as a trophy. I could use it in the development of Almost Dragonic Brand Golfin- errr, important library research."

William paused for a moment, then stroked at the scales where his moustache had once been.

"Mmmyessssss."

• 2 weeks later...

Loki walks over to Kieko, and says, "Can ya please tell Mai to get hisself o'er here, and explain a bit more about this mission? Cause it's kinda chaotic right now, if'n ya hadn't noticed."

she then teleports over by the zombie, and watches Minta finishing up the stitches at long last. Stick is still trying to get his Big Pointy Stick out of the zombie, so when Minta finishes sewing, she says, "Hey, Stick, leggo o' yer stick fer a minute."

when he does, she takes hold of the stick and manages to teleport it out of the zombie. She tosses the stick to Stick and nods politely as the zombie says, "thank you very much, miss. That was starting to hurt a bit."

the booming voice replies to Kieko, "I AM Muchitsujo, And i am in control of this place!"

at this point minta notices that whoever brought this zombie to life was quite careless and left several 'strings' of magic attached to the vital points. after following them a bit she finds they lead to the forest and seemingly into a huge pine tree.

OOC: sorry for the delays guys, I’ve been short on time and energy lately. I am planning on trying to make up for it tho, so please be patient with me :)

• 3 weeks later...

"Lots welcome an' not for tryin' to chop him up for parts Wyvern," Minta told the zombie as the stick warped away, slightly candy-sticky. She had half a thought to try an' grab control of zombie, but that would be a dumb idea with neato necro in the sky lookin' down. . ."Weird! Is strings of magic like Rosemary used to see!" she reported, twanging a string, then fishing around inna pocket for a two-handed oversized guitar pick, then giving the string a bigger an' better twanging. "Didya hear anything?" Loki peeked in all the nearby shadows but insubstantial strings of magic don't cast shadows. Minta plopped down in the biggest shadow, the pine-tree-trunk shadow, an' thought about it for a little bit before bouncing back to her feet. "'Scuse me Pen, but couldya trace along from here to here to there to there to here to there," the gnomie's arms fly around as she points every-which-way, "so people can follow the magic trails pleaseplease?"

The pen, which had been hanging seemingly oblivious to the happenings arround it for some time already, burst into motion with a quiver as it was mentioned. Swift strokes, sloppy almost, with a copious ammount of shivers scattered among the lines, a few feet from the gnome's face.

"Minta... It IS Minta, right? Dear cluster of energy, had I enough of this... "ink" in me to trace the lines of magic around you for people to follow... Oh dear. And the people would get... crazy fast, I fear. Be more specific, youngster. That line from your ex-life, halfway trough that non-life? By all means."

The last period stretched out into a long line, all the way up to the tree the lines seemingly disappeared in, the pen leading it every inch of the way. Then, as it hit the bark, the pen backtracked to hover before Loki, only to write a big, pulsating "SumimaWHO? MuchitsuWHAT?" in front of her.

Another backtrack later, it was back under its previous writing to Minta, writing in gnomish once again.

"Are you talented enough in the arts of life to understand it? And enough so to see this all shouldn't be somehow? Is that too much to expect from this you? ... Oh, and about that tracing of your magic, yes, in a... very other time and place."

To wrap up its ink-spending spree, Wylliam got his moustache replaced, this one firmly attached to his upper lip.

"Oh wait, hold on a sec." William picked up his "How to Walk Like a Proper Librarian" book from the bloody grass and flipped over to the appendix, browsing for the sections on proper Librarian appearances. "Let's see here... glasses, moustaches, token ear pencils, dust bunnies... ah, here we are, goatees. Saysss here that 70% of librarians don't have goatees. It also says that 98% of librarians don't have hornsss. Hrmph, no wonder they're considered such nerds."

"An' a extra curvy horn! An' wiggy eyebrows!"

William glances down at Minta with a frown, then looks over at the eager floating Pen with an even deeper frown. He tries to pull off his moustache in the hopes of having a weapon should he need to defend himself against excess makeup, only to realize that it's now stuck on his snout. Wasting no time, Wylliam flips through his book until he reaches the chapter on how librarians are supposed to dash full speed to head. The adjective "quietly" is the only thing listed as a resource.

"Weeellllll, I guess I better be off." William waves to Minta and the Pen with a nervous laugh, then starts tip-toeing full speed ahead in what happens to be the direction of the forest. Due to the tip-toe technique, the librarian's pace measures at little more than a fast walk. "Let me know how that drawing stuff turns out!"